Survivalist Forum banner

John Has A Long Moustache. The Chair Is Against The Wall

42K views 86 replies 63 participants last post by  vegasrandall 
#1 ·
Classics from the movie, Red Dawn. But noteworthy. Do you have buzzwords or catchphrases to communicate with friends/family in a SHTF situation?

#39 ·
"The Pearl is in the River.........the Pearl is in the River".
Years ago,('83) the week we graduated from boot camp on Parris Island, they let our company see a movie. It was some very stupid Chevy Chase flick that took place around WWII, and during the filming of the movie "The Wizard of Oz". Some kind of spy stuff was going on, and the password was "The Pearl is in the River". Well, some lady in a restaraunt broke a pearl necklace, and lost a pearl in the liverworst. A Japanese guy saw it and was trying to say "the Pearl is in the Liver", but of course, Liver sounded like River from the Japanese guy. This was of course overheard then misunderstood by the spies,and hi-jinks and hillarity ensued.:D:
My brother and I have used that as a tongue-in-cheek secret code phrase,ever since.

#58 ·
All these movie references, and nothing from "The Park Is Mine."

Seriously though, SB seems to be more men than women, and men tend to be visual, so tv and movie references will be made.

I had some codes for my kids when they were small, the grandcubs aren't that big yet (smaller one is still in the age you have a hard time making words out of the babble even if you live with him.)

#61 ·
"The Fox is in the henhouse. The Fox is in the henhouse."

That's my 12 year old's code to my wife for when I am walking through front door of the house coming home from the office.

Where he got it from, I do not know. He's always saying crazy stuff.

But yes, this is a good thread and we do have some code phrases for those "just in case" times. Everyone should. We have several we have taught the kids for use if they are in a place and need help but cannot speak freely. Same goes for the wife and me with each other. We have one that we use, not a code "word" per say but a symbolic message that we might have to use if one of us is in the house and it is not safe ... something we switch on that the other might see coming up the driveway to let each other know there is an intruder or something is bad wrong. Hopefully we'll never have to use that one or any of the others.

#62 ·
The code phrase I use most often is when we are visiting or at a function and I am bored out of my mind and want to leave.

If you have set up rendezvous points on routes to your BOL you should set up graffiti codes that can be left to indicate you've been there, waited an appropriate amount of time and have gone on. Or a message that can be left at the BOL to say you got there, it was not safe to stay, or you went looking for others and either will or will not be back.

#64 ·
When I was a kid my friends and I would jokingly say "the eagle has landed" while repeatedly raising our eyebrows when one of us scored some beers. The joke was that any kids using code words were obviously up to something so it is really a self defeating act. We could have just as easily said "I got some beers." in the situations we said "the eagle has landed".

Ah, good times.

Oh, I just remembered something else from my misspent youth. Me and my buddies would say "Do you want to go get some candy?" when that really meant "Do you want to go to the woods and light fires?". This one was a little more useful.

I guess the lesson here is "code words" should sound natural and not out of place.

#65 ·
I also remember talking to a middle school teacher of mine and he revealed they had a code word to signal for the teachers to lock the door, turn off the lights, and have everyone get under the tables. They would say something like "Paging Mr. Lombard, would Mr. Lombard please report to the office." over the intercom when it was widely known among the staff that Mr. Lombard was a loved past staff member who had become deceased.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.