Survivalist Forum banner

Knife p0rn: My First Fixed Blade...

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  kajunman1 
#1 ·
OK. I know it's no fancy tactical Ka-Bar. And no, I can't say I really spent more than $50 on it. I didn't even spend $30. Umm... no. I did spend a whopping $22 on it though. Sometimes... just for fun... I'll take a look at eBay and in the search field, I'll simply type in the word "KNIFE". It's amazing to scroll through the various amount of weaponry with a blade attached to it. Some of it has that awkward tacti-COOL appearance but most of it is functional for the most part.

So... I picked up this Gerber "PROFILE" Drop-Point Knife with a 4.0" Fixed Blade (and sheath). $17 to win the auction + $5 flat rate First Class Shipping via USPS. :)

I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do with this knife. I just know I wanted something functional and something with a fixed blade. I already have a folding Gerber knife that I really like. I also have a SpyderCo BYRD knife with a folding serrated blade that pretty much goes with me everywhere I go. But I've never owned a fixed blade knife... nothing serious, anyway, that I wasn't using to cut my dinner. :)

So what do you guys think...? For $22, I don't see how I could really go wrong. Not really sure what I'm going to do with it or what role it will play. I'm still in the midst of the deciding that...

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks!! :)

I love my Gerber folding knife... the tacky grip is one of my favorite features. I know it gets a little getting used to... but I swear, it is impossible even under the wettest, most extreme conditions for your grip to slip on the handle. Amazing.

So... naturally, I was happy to score this fixed blade deal. :)

Thanks for the compliment, too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.