Survivalist Forum banner

Anyone carry a fixed blade knife for EDC?

36K views 50 replies 44 participants last post by  ROCK6 
#1 ·
Just curious if many carried a fixed blade knife for EDC; and if so what knife? I know some carry an Izula but was curious what other fixed blade knives people liked and why?

#10 ·
I've carried a fixed blade all my life. The one I currently carry as an ED knife is a Stag Handled 1095 carbon steel Skinner with a 4" antiqued blade I had made for me by a knifesmith buddy of mine (Matt Lesniewski of ML Knives) in the woods of Upstate New York. He has made several knives for me in the past. I beaded the knife lanyard and made the Tacked & Beaded Sheath for it. Notice my avatar.

Attachments

#12 ·
I carry a Ka Bar TDI fixed blade, a Spyderco Manix 2 and a Kershaw Needs Work. I am currently making small to medium fixed blade knives from files, 01 tool steel, 1095 and 1080 steel. I am wanting to make different design that are functional to carry EDC w kydex carry systems. I have a few of what I have done on here listed as were I am currently at in my progress. I feel a good fixed blade makes for a better EDC, and that is my goal to produce and possible sell if the good Lord is willing. Of course I will always carry a good folder as back up, and so far am loving my Manix 2. Great design, functionality and everything. Spyderco makes a great product.

Semper Fi and Blessings,
Brian

#14 ·
Today I changed it up and carried this instead:

The Sheth that comes with it is Garbage, but if you can Sew, or know someone who can, it does'nt have to be that way. My Mom stiched over the Original Stitching for me, and then I brought it Home and made a Kydex Reinforcing Panel on it using Screw On Rivets, so I can remove it if need be.

:thumb:

#25 ·
Always have a knife around my neck...unless I am sleeping or in the shower. Lately it has been my Ka-Bar Eskabar. My Izula has been placed in my grab-and-go bag. Thewife and daughter have their own Izula's that are normally around their necks when in the woods.

I also carry a RAT-4S on the back of my belt (horizontal carry) and a Case Mini Copperhead in my pocket.

I ALWAYS have at least two of these on me at all times when I walk out the front door. I am an IT professional and keep these tucked neatly away under my shirt...you never know when the Stuff is gonna hit the fan!

AC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.