Survivalist Forum banner

Best fixed blade survival knife for the $

109K views 81 replies 54 participants last post by  East Coast Woods 
#1 ·
i need help choosing the best bang for my buck....whats the best fixed blade survival knife max 10" overall under $120 and not chinese....im going to use this for every day carry.

#79 · (Edited)
Well it is "boring old fart" time here... 44 years ago I bought a simple knife for everyday use on our farm. A Shefield steel William Rogers Green River knife.
It still resides in my top draw and is used often. It is easy to sharpen, keeps a good edge and just plain works. Over the years it has provided me with the means to build shelters, keep warm, prepare and cook food, opened way too many sealed packets of food, sacks of feed, cut miles of string, rope etc. and proved to be an efficient and totally reliable tool.
It cost me £1 2s 6p. Today about £10 or $16. Keep it simple and keep it sharp.

#80 ·
Jeez...Id say Gerber LMF 2 ASEK you get quiet abit for what you pay and you can find some great deals $70 is what I paid...or abouts. The ASEK has better materials compared to the cheaper version. Dont be fool your self by getting skimpy with any knife. If its good for you and quality...oh well.

#81 ·
It is seven years later. I will still apply the restrictions of 10 inches and $120.

The current version of the Ontario US Airforce Survival knife. Cut off the top, vertical , rubberized piece on it.

If you will allow 10.25 OAL, it would be the Ontario TFI.

If you would waive the $120 and allow it to go to $140, it would be the Fallkniven F1. You can find the "F1" "cheaper on eBay, but many of the sellers engage in misrepresentation that a clone is the real deal. So, be careful.

#82 ·
Deer hunting, love the Buck large folder. Last forever, easy to sharpen, and just the right size. Survival, give me a Becker Companion. Heavy work blade, built like a horse, and can serve multi functions such as prepping a frame for shelter, splitting smaller pieces of wood for heat. It's robust and thick bladed. Sure a small ax would be a better chopper, but then a chainsaw would be even better. I'm talking traveling light with tools that will serve you in multiple jobs.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=becker+companion&qpvt=becker+companion&adlt=strict

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.