9 Signs That China Is Making A Move Against The US Dollar - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making Warning Signs - Use Templates? Craig Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 37 10-24-2014 01:59 PM
China Signs Non-Dollar Settlement Deal With Russia's Largest Bank workhorse Financial Forum 27 05-29-2014 07:33 AM
Are we making the tectonic plates move? iwill Manmade and Natural Disasters 57 03-04-2013 06:06 PM
Might be making the move out to Idaho! Rjb2232 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 7 11-02-2012 09:55 PM
Making a Move Fasha Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 35 08-07-2012 06:07 PM
Argentina signs deals with China's military Creek Walker Political News and Discussion 1 07-05-2012 04:36 PM
Brazil signs with China InfScout Political News and Discussion 10 01-23-2012 08:42 PM
China's dumping the dollar...how does Uncle Sam dump China w 411man General Discussion 20 10-09-2011 05:11 PM
EU making NWO move techo Controversial News and Alternative Politics 44 11-20-2008 10:06 AM
Iraq signs $3 billion oil deal with China Mullenite General Discussion 0 08-31-2008 09:01 PM

Old 10-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Homesteader

Default 9 Signs That China Is Making A Move Against The US Dollar

Advertise Here

I do think this is a very likely scenario. I am sure they will be impressed with the administration adding 328B in debt today alone bring the national debt above 17T for the first time. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-1...inst-us-dollar
Old 10-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Combat Veteran

Thanked 5,219 Times in 1,528 Posts

First sign is, We're all eating General Tso's chicken for Christmas dinner and watching ping pong instead of football.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matchking Man For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,697 Times in 1,290 Posts

It is hard to see a way out for the US with the money printing and national debt. The problem is just too big.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FoxOne For This Useful Post:

Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 20,765 Times in 7,051 Posts

their money is backed up by the same thing ours is....nothing
Old 10-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,846 Times in 3,801 Posts

They don't need to make a move, we're discrediting and undermining our currency plenty on our own.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonid For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 PM

I'm still trying to picture America if China does manage to make this happen.
The article below states that we would have a massive tsunami of currency coming back to the States.

Does China Plan To Back The Yuan With Gold And Make It The Primary Global Reserve Currency?
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...serve-currency

Quote:
If China does decide to back the yuan with gold and no longer use the U.S. dollar in international trade, it will have devastating effects on the U.S. economy. Demand for the U.S. dollar and U.S. debt would drop like a rock, and prices on the things that we buy every day would soar. At that point you could forget about cheap gasoline or cheap Chinese imports. Our entire way of life depends on the U.S. dollar being the primary reserve currency of the world and being able to import things very inexpensively. If the rest of the world (led by China) starts to reject the U.S. dollar, it would result in a massive tsunami of currency coming back to our shores and a very painful adjustment in our standard of living. Today, most U.S. currency is actually used outside of the United States. If someday that changes and we are no longer able to export our inflation that is going to mean big trouble for us.

So keep an eye on China, and look out for any news about the yuan.

It won't happen next week or next month, but eventually we could see China back the yuan with gold.

When that happens, it is going to be a complete and utter financial disaster for the United States.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zalam For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Homesteader

Long article but scroll down for the stats on the real economy, and how real Americans are being hurt. How many recall the Carter years and high interest rates, I do. By the way the General TSO chicken and ping pong comment was funny. http://theautomaticearth.com/Finance...e-poverty.html
Old 10-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,129 Times in 2,763 Posts

First, if China got out of the dollar, it would hurt them just as much as us.
Second, all nations deal in their own best interests. China is wrecked with its own debt problems (building empty cities, anyone?), and uses our debt as security at present, but in the long term, like any strong nation, they would like to come out on top.
Third, posting news links to zero hedge is like posting pics of your mother. We've all seen her before, and it wasn't pretty the first time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KCFirepower For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Survivor

Thanked 43,112 Times in 9,565 Posts

Really, we don't need to make China the boogey-man here. The US gov is doing just fine all on it's own to spend us into hyperinflation. And if WE don't address that ourselves - well, each country is going to look out for itself, right? Same as we would, if we had sane leadership?

I'd worry more about the solutions proposed by the IMF and World Bank, and take appropriate actions, if you can.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sacajawea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,595 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFirepower View Post
Second, all nations deal in their own best interests. China is wrecked with its own debt problems (building empty cities, anyone?), and uses our debt as security at present, but in the long term, like any strong nation, they would like to come out on top.
Third, posting news links to zero hedge is like posting pics of your mother. We've all seen her before, and it wasn't pretty the first time.
Truth, China depends on us at least as much as we depend on them...without us their big machine would come to a screeching halt NOW!
The Following User Says Thank You to howyadoin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddogg5 View Post
their money is backed up by the same thing ours is....nothing
Not quite as they make vast amounts of tangible goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
Truth, China depends on us at least as much as we depend on them...without us their big machine would come to a screeching halt NOW!
The EU is China's largest trading partner, not the US. They US is definitely more dependent on China as the US living standards would collapse without China. China would lose exports, sure, but it still has tangible goods it can sell internally, at cut price to existing markets, or to new markets.
The Following User Says Thank You to FoxOne For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Homesteader

Your Momma's pretty ugly too sunshine
Old 10-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Homesteader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFirepower View Post
Your Momma wasn't much either KC.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Logic is my Super Power

Thanked 1,972 Times in 738 Posts

I know I'll get slammed for this but IMO, this is all a planned move to edge towards a world currency controlled by the UN and the EU. China is buying up gold but I think it's more to shore up their standing of getting in on the world currency, whatever that ends up being. I see Great Brittan holding off the move longer than the US at this point. Their pound is stronger than our dollar right now and they have a great affinity for it. But...I'm afraid it's too little too late and the dominos are already in place for the move.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,595 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxOne View Post
The EU is China's largest trading partner, not the US. They US is definitely more dependent on China as the US living standards would collapse without China. China would lose exports, sure, but it still has tangible goods it can sell internally, at cut price to existing markets, or to new markets.
You're probably right, they'd barely notice 30% of their exports stopping immediately, not to mention the trade deficit that we run with them. Bottom line is we are very much dependant on each other, to think anything else is beyond naive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tners_of_China
The Following User Says Thank You to howyadoin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Homesteader

I don't think anyone is suggesting that this is going to happen tomorrow, but this is the end game. The US total debt is anywhere from 70T and upwards depending on who you read. The 70T is including unfunded liabilities. Anyway you slice the deck, a world of hurt is coming. You can hide your head in the sand, you can whistle past the graveyard, but the math is the math. If the US quits printing money and devaluing its dollar the US will collapse now, if they keep printing the US will collapse. They will keep printing until there are no longer any takers for the IOU's. And when the house comes down it will make the 1930's look like a cake walk.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
You're probably right, they'd barely notice 30% of their exports stopping immediately, not to mention the trade deficit that we run with them. Bottom line is we are very much dependant on each other, to think anything else is beyond naive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tners_of_China
You claimed their economy would come to a screeching halt. That is not realistic

I'm not quite sure why you are debating the point that they would "barely notice", since nobody has said anything like that in the thread. Do you have any more strawman arguments for us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagewillow View Post
I know I'll get slammed for this but IMO, this is all a planned move to edge towards a world currency controlled by the UN and the EU. China is buying up gold but I think it's more to shore up their standing of getting in on the world currency, whatever that ends up being. I see Great Brittan holding off the move longer than the US at this point. Their pound is stronger than our dollar right now and they have a great affinity for it. But...I'm afraid it's too little too late and the dominos are already in place for the move.
I don't think you will ever see the UK join the Euro. The UK, especially England, is extremely Europsceptic. A better question would be in which year will the UK be leaving the EU? I don't think the EU is currently planning a global currency, though they definitely like to think they are powerful enough to do anything they want.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,080 Times in 1,440 Posts

china could just quit buying our bonds and dump their remaining bonds. granted they have cut their buying and ownership quite a bit but if they publicly ended our financing it would be a death nail all its own.
The Following User Says Thank You to whiskyrebellion For This Useful Post: