HEADS UP: ATF making a move before new Congress convenes ..... - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Congress Preparing To Move For Impeachment Of Obama? Bearack Political News and Discussion 25 12-13-2013 06:19 PM
9 Signs That China Is Making A Move Against The US Dollar Gulcher General Discussion 17 10-19-2013 02:28 PM
Are we making the tectonic plates move? iwill Manmade and Natural Disasters 57 03-04-2013 06:06 PM
Might be making the move out to Idaho! Rjb2232 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 7 11-02-2012 09:55 PM
Making a Move Fasha Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 35 08-07-2012 06:07 PM
Check out the crack heads in Congress Cleaner44 Political News and Discussion 7 11-21-2011 02:04 PM
Continental Congress Convenes ComancheSniper Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 9 11-17-2009 03:58 PM
EU making NWO move techo Controversial News and Alternative Politics 44 11-20-2008 10:06 AM

Old 12-20-2010, 02:23 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,516 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi212 View Post
The way they cheat the numbers is by using the term "registered firearms" 90 whatever percent of registered guns seized were from the us... all this proves is we register our guns and other nations don't. When you look at the total number of guns and the total from the us we appear to only supply 17%.
I wonder how many of those 'registered guns' are also listed as stolen.

Which brings up another question. If I sell/trade a gun to a pawn shop, does that pawn shop register that gun as theirs? OR is it still registered to me until it resells?
I only ask because of the number of pawn shops that get broken into around here, and I know its probably even more common in larger cities with higher crime rates.
The Following User Says Thank You to SLICK75 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Experiment 626

Thanked 3,291 Times in 1,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuk View Post
this was already posted
This seems to be your most common comment. If you don't mind, would you start posting links to the other threads for us?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robbiec For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Deplorable Basketeer

Thanked 91,867 Times in 19,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes View Post
I still say our government should put the effort into sealing the border and not this bs against gun owners....
You mean you want them to do their job?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harmless Drudge For This Useful Post:

Old 12-20-2010, 08:03 AM
You're no daisy

Thanked 1,822 Times in 684 Posts

The mexican cartels mainly get their weapons the same way they get their drugs, same pipelines from central/south america and the east. Not to mention the weapons coming from corrupt mexican military and police.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kef3stlmo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2010, 08:17 AM
11th ACR Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivalguy72 View Post
How many more threads are we going to start on this?
Do as I do. If I don't like the subject of OP then I just move on to other posts/threads. Try ignoring the post. It works every time. Try it!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JakeS For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2010, 09:42 AM
RIP America 1776-2012

Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICK75 View Post
Which brings up another question. If I sell/trade a gun to a pawn shop, does that pawn shop register that gun as theirs? OR is it still registered to me until it resells?
A pawn shop that takes in firearms has to have an FFL license and they also have to enter the make, model, and serial number into their logs. Once that information has been entered into the pawn shops log, it is then the property of the pawn shop.

All this HAS to be done regardless if the firearm has been sold to the pawn shop, or it has just given the customer a loan on it.

III ~ Peaceful, but prepared.

"Obama, the skid-mark in the underwear of American history."
- J.R.L. -
The Following User Says Thank You to SIXPACK For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2010, 09:44 AM
RIP America 1776-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeS View Post
Do as I do. If I don't like the subject of OP then I just move on to other posts/threads. Try ignoring the post. It works every time. Try it!
Jake, liberals don't know how to do that, it's beyond their capabilities!

- J.R.L. -
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SIXPACK For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,503 Times in 1,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICK75 View Post
Im sure theyre using the Mexico smuggling as an excuse but are more concerned with the growing popularity of survivalist and militia websites.

Remember, survivalists are stereotyped right up there with extremist militia groups and hate groups. As far as the government is concerned there is no difference between the members of this board and David Koresh and Timothy McVeigh. And with the growing number of people getting involved in these sites, they are scared there will be a public uprising against them and they may just be outgunned. So now theyre pushing something they know wouldnt pass under normal circumstances so they can at least know whose door to knock on before that uprising begins.
I also suspect that there are rambo's (extremists) on these boards...though not many...I may not like the idea of a new laws aimed at firearms yet I think (hope) they are smart enough to know the difference between a survivalist/prepper and a crackpot...In otherwords I'll give them credit for being control freaks but wouldn't go so far as to call them stupid.

I doubt they are scared of a popular uprising against them. I doubt thats going to happen. In the remote chance that such an unfortante event did occur I seroiusly doubt they would be outgunned. Let hope that never happens. Everybody looses, even the crackpots...

I have to ask at what point can we safetly say that normal circumstances exist. Besides I think they already know who's door they are going to knock on...

My issue with passing this type of law is that it accomplishes little to nothing towards deterring crminal activity and places another layer of regulation on top of the 20,000 existing gun laws.

Honestly how many of you will this "new" regulation effect? Are you regularly buying two or more semiauto rifles in a week? I sometimes wished I had the money to, but thats not going to happen.
Now...If at any time in the past you bought two handguns at the same time you were reported to the ATF. You may not have even known that it occured.

Have fun and have a nice day!
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2011, 09:11 AM
RIP America 1776-2012

I'm glad I revisited this thread.....Sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Honestly how many of you will this "new" regulation effect?
And that's the exact mindset that has allowed our government to trample our Constitutional rights. When komrad clintoon pushed his "assault weapon" ban in 1994 the NRA conducted a poll of it's members. In that poll the majority of members considered the "assault weapons" ban as "irrelevant" because "it had no affect on their hunting guns."

I'm still stunned to this day that then people thought the same way that you expressed in the quote from your post.

It's not just about the "effect" of one more "new regulation", it's about the full effect of many of those "new regulations", think about it.

- J.R.L. -
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SIXPACK For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Dirty or clean.Wet or dry

Thanked 1,906 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXPACK View Post
I'm glad I revisited this thread.....Sort of.

And that's the exact mindset that has allowed our government to trample our Constitutional rights. When komrad clintoon pushed his "assault weapon" ban in 1994 the NRA conducted a poll of it's members. In that poll the majority of members considered the "assault weapons" ban as "irrelevant" because "it had no affect on their hunting guns."

I'm still stunned to this day that then people thought the same way that you expressed in the quote from your post.

It's not just about the "effect" of one more "new regulation", it's about the full effect of many of those "new regulations", think about it.

- J.R.L. -

Exactly.
First they came for the assault weapons but that didn't affect me I only have a trap/skeet guns.

Then they came for high capacity shotguns but that didn't affect me I only have a trap/skeet guns.

Then they came for the pistols because only criminals need to conceal guns but that didn't affect me I only have a trap/skeet guns.

Then they came for the high powered hunting rifles but that didn't affect me I only have a trap/skeet guns.

Then they came for the small caliber, small game guns but that didn't affect me I only have a trap/skeet guns.

Then they came for my traps/keet guns, I was the only one left defend my rights.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NavigatinCollapse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,991 Times in 816 Posts
Default The Loophole

This is a BS regulation designed to produce more restrictive laws. The way it works is the ATF makes up this stupid regulation with loopholes so large you could drive a semi loaded to the max with marijuana through them. People are going to take advantage of the obvious loopholes and the ATF will complain to self serving politicians that they need new laws to stop cartels from buying guns in the U.S. Self serving politicians impose new laws, pat themselves on the back and campaign on their tough against crime record.

Meanwhile the cartels will continue to expand, drugs will continue to flow freely into the country and law abiding citizens will have new ways to accidentally become a prohibited person.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Thanked 3,051 Times in 1,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Chestnut View Post
I had not seen it. I don't read this board as much as I used to.
This is far more important that BS threads about how many guns you are going to walk to your bug out location with.

god, ain't THAT the truth. +1,000!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vergeltung For This Useful Post: