Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reasons guns are better then women Shadilay Firearms General Discussion 28 06-13-2017 07:40 AM
TEKMAT Confederate and Dixie Flag Gun Cleaning Mat Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 06-01-2017 09:01 AM
Article on NRA denounces its "very scary" agenda zooeyhll Firearms General Discussion 67 03-31-2017 09:18 AM
Leaked ATF white paper - suggests removing silencers from NFA goon Firearms General Discussion 58 02-18-2017 07:12 AM

Old 06-15-2017, 03:58 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,629 Times in 589 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymanalion View Post
Haha im not even trying to be an ******* but seriously, guns are NOT an option at this not, not even close, not even worth it risking 15 years in jail.
How about you be a good tourist and don't get into trouble, and if you get kidnapped or held up you don't give any grief.

Jeez man. What do you think would happen to an American if he killed a resident Mexican in Mexico with a machete. They would be buried under the jail. Using a blade instead of a firearm won't keep you free.

Self defense laws are pretty weak everywhere except middle America.
The Following User Says Thank You to OliverR. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2017, 04:58 PM

Because of the laws regarding safe firearm storage in Canada I do not keep a gun in my bob. I have both a Fleetwood Sage take down bow and a slingshot in my pack. If I didn't have time to retrieve a fire arm or if it seemed ill advised to be found carrying on I'd still be armed to hunt and possibly to engage is an ambush of a lone aggressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2017, 11:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,577 Times in 3,289 Posts

If I'm CCW ing in a Large City like Irvine or Oakland or San Diego and a Riot breaks out and I get rat packed by Bike Lock wielding Antifas and they close distance and attempt to pummel me to ground I will need a top off (Mag Change) pronto .

Old 06-17-2017, 06:03 AM
Noble Savage

Thanked 3,614 Times in 1,430 Posts

I'd personally take the compound over a crossbow. Crossbow's can have better range but a way lower rate of fire and generally don't store as compactly. Under 50 feet it really doesn't take that much skill to hit center mass with a bow either.

Probably want to consider a decent pocket knife too, if that's a legal option. Not really practical to carry a bow or crossbow around.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:35 AM
Near The Glow

How come no one's said flamethrower? .

A small stack of money is all that's separating me from an Xmatter X15. A good napalm mix can project 50 yards, about bow range.

In reality? Get a bow that's fun, which allows you to practice, which makes you better at using it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagnumWill For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2017, 09:45 PM

Id advise you join a good mma gym and take some knife training on the side. Start strength training too, itll keep you in good health and being strong is a big advantage in a fight. Im sure some people are gonna blab on about how you need a gun and on and on but realistically speaking most attacks/robberies happen at close range(like grabbing distance)... If anyone knows anything about fighting, fighting that close is no longer a gun fight its just a fist/knife fight. Situational awareness and good hand/knife skills are more likely to be used in my opinion and therefore more valuable. You can carry as many guns as you want but if you cant create space and get it out in time its useless.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:59 PM
King of Canada

Thanked 5,922 Times in 1,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymanalion View Post
Haha im not even trying to be an ******* but seriously, guns are NOT an option at this not, not even close, not even worth it risking 15 years in jail.
Where are you going?

Canada; guns are legal.

Britain; guns are legal, as long as you meet the requirements.

Australia/New Zealand; Same thing.

So where are you going that having a gun will land you 15 years in prison?
Old 06-20-2017, 12:01 AM
King of Canada

Thanked 5,922 Times in 1,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumWill View Post
How come no one's said flamethrower? .

A small stack of money is all that's separating me from an Xmatter X15. A good napalm mix can project 50 yards, about bow range.

In reality? Get a bow that's fun, which allows you to practice, which makes you better at using it.
That one is 2k cheaper than the one I was looking at.

Figured I could recoup my money by melting snow/ice from people's driveways. I bet I could make good money with it.

My woman thought I was losing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to HeavyHauler For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2017, 12:48 PM
Free-ish Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHauler View Post
Where are you going?

Canada; guns are legal.

Britain; guns are legal, as long as you meet the requirements.

Australia/New Zealand; Same thing.

So where are you going that having a gun will land you 15 years in prison?
Well, his location says "Jaurez Mexico". That would certainly qualify.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:21 AM

I shoot a recurve on a daily basis and it has taken me about 9 months to shoot cup size groups at 20 yards shooting almost everyday. While my buddies who shoot compounds were shooting cup size groups in 2 months at 30 yards practicing twice a month for a couple hours each time. My father shoots a crossbow which he splits bolts with at 40 yards which has taken him about 3 months shooting 3 times a week an hour a day to split arrows. I prefer the recurve because there are less moving parts which means less that could break on you. But I have accepted I will never reach the speed compound or crossbow shooters shoot at because I am more in touch with the bow the arrow and the animal.

Just my .02 cents?