Survivalist Forum banner

Tul Ammo

17K views 43 replies 25 participants last post by  randkl 
#1 ·
I was wondering what everyones opinion was stocking up on Tul Ammo of any caliber was a good idea. My theory behind this is that its cheaper there i can stock up on it easier. This ammo would be a last resort Shtf stock of ammo, either for bartering or for protection. Just a FYI i don't hoard up all the ammo i can get I'm just trying to be prepared.

#35 ·
I've had 2 malfunctions in 1,500 rounds. Both were short strokes on a midlength with a carbine buffer with light lube and temps in the 30s. Pmags, Lancers and USGI with Magpul followers. Cheap to stack deep and crappy ballistics but at 50%-75% cheaper than anytinhg else for high round counts.

But my new load for my bugout gear is Federal .223 etsp 62 gr. bonded softpoints.

#41 ·
I only have experience w/9mm through an Sr9c, but it went bang every time. It is incredibly dirty, but cleanable.

I wouldn't depend on it to save my life in SHTF. Can't really call a time-out so you can clean your gun in a defensive situation if it starts hiccuping.

As for barter? I would stock up on cheap swiss-army style knives, firestarters and toilet paper. I would rather let someone have something that could not come back in my general direction at 1400fps. Just sayin...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.