carry on person supply get out of town items - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1 year supply per person mountainmansurvival Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 69 12-09-2014 02:46 PM
Everyday Carry Knives From $4.99 @ Field Supply slickguns.com For Sale 0 09-15-2014 08:32 PM
Mailman, Policeman, Fireman or Mail Person, Police Person, and Fire Person 9111315 General Discussion 19 05-21-2013 12:01 AM
On Person Carry When in the Woods fastfoxengineering Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 28 02-21-2013 09:51 AM
Texas town allows teachers to carry concealed weapons...... MIL-DOT Firearms General Discussion 5 12-20-2012 09:12 AM
Texas town adds sugar to water supply to encourage residents to drink more water Steve28 General Discussion 23 12-06-2012 03:02 PM
What is your REPLENISHABLE water supply, per person, per day? Kipper Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 31 01-15-2012 09:58 PM
Top 25 items to carry on your person for urban survival Charlieb4m Urban Survival 23 01-12-2012 01:17 AM
What kit do you carry on your person AncientBrit Urban Survival 25 05-03-2008 11:23 AM
What are the first items a person new to survivalism should buy? gunner_1990 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 58 04-15-2008 12:09 AM

Old 11-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,464 Posts
Default carry on person supply get out of town items

Advertise Here

here is something i was thinking about when reading on another forum about haveing the basic items on you if something goes south and you caught without the items in the car and bob bag at the home .

i was reading one person account of what happened in the southern CA wildfire was going on that went on a couple of years ago at the time ..the person was at work and could not get home to get any clothing or supplies that they had for the kept at the house ..

so that got me to thinking about reworking my basic everyday carry with me at all times ..

so i add the following items ot my slingbag for travel in just in case i need to gt out of the town and can not get back to the apt to pick up the get of town cloths bag or totes if need ..this set of access items are design for me to last a while if i need intill i can replace the items i lost or go home to the cabin in another state..

so here is add to the sling bag

-x-surefire flashlight

-x-surefire-SC1 spare blub and batties carrier

-x-emerson spec-war commander folding knife

-x-multi tool

-x-set of the over the counter typle ind packages medication items-x-5-each in own ziplock plastic bag

-x-set of personal meds in ind vacum packed plastic bag -x-30 day supply this way i have enough of the meds i need to last a while before i need to replace the ones i have lost in the event .

-x-blood sugar checker machine with access items

-x-get out of town money in diff sized amounts of cash and traveler checks along with a pre-paid credit card and gas card with a set amount on them ..

-x-usb stowage device with all my personal info on it for medical and dental records and insurance info for the apt and car and land along with with the diff types of certificates on them to have them for just in case way of thinking for the insurance people ..

-x-extra set of state issuse driver lics along with a color photo i.d.card with extra medical id card from my medical insurance company and aftermarket metal Social Security all vacumed packed in a plastic bag that been hidden in the bag for just in case if my wallet is lost or stolen dureing the travel

the folding knife is hidden in a pocket on the inside of the flap along with the diff items i add to the basic carry of everyday items in the slingbag .. it more for just in case way of the earthquake or fire or something else i need to be able to survive for a few days along with beening able with buying or i can get to the cabin after something happens and i can not get back to the apt to get my supplies
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hank2222 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Target Shooter

It would be better if you adopt the language the majority of us use, come on, be a part of the herd lol.

It's called EDC for Every Day Carry. The most common EDC is what you carry in your pockets: pants pocket, shirt pocket, jacket pocket, plus things like watches or stuff clipped to your key ring if you are in the habit of clipping keys to a belt loop.

Second is a bit more tricky: if you are putting stuff in a bag it is more of a BOB or GHB, but if you also carry it everyday...

The problem with a bag is that it is very external, it can get stolen, people take them off when they are at work or at a coffee shop, so in those cases they are not really on their person 100% of the time. Pocket EDC however, well no one takes off their pants at work unless you work a nasty job (you know what I mean, don't make me say it, wink wink, nudge nudge, ok you have forced me...if you clean up chemical spills for a job you may have to de-pant to detox yourself, or are a life guard at a pool you won't be wearing pants [what? not the nasty jobs you were expecting? get your mind out of the gutter!])
The Following User Says Thank You to OhCanada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 7,653 Times in 2,575 Posts

call it what you will ..just glad to see folks thinking about it and doing their best to prepare. welcome to EDC.

my daily dress code includes:

small carry pistol - colt mustang 380, w/spare mag. (that's not a lot of bullets or caliber, but it'll help get me out of a fight.)

good quality knife

streamlite flashlight - easy on batteries and a good bright light..small n tuff

sometimes a multi tool

cell phone

wallet with emergency cash

small tube reading glasses - eyes are going and some print is just too darn small.

That's about all this actually on me.

next step up is a get home bag - 1 day of clothes, water, food bars, toiletries, some medical booboo bag stuff, 2 spare mags for my colt, that sorta thing.

next step is my full on bug bag - I can go a long time and in a lot of scenarios with that rig.

course I give it all up when I decide to fly someplace - ****es me off.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Survivor

i carry the sling bag every where with me if it the bathroom it not far from me at the time the bedroom is next to the bed ready to be grab and out the door with it . so the idea was to have a back up system from the normal back up items that you carry .. the whole idea was to a basic back up set of item to carry with me in the bag to make through a rough stretch of time and then able to get to the cabin and wait to see what happens ..for i go back to the area or start liveing my life at the cabin and not worry about the work area anymore ..

the whole things was reading the guy post about going to work in the morning and not beening allowed to go home in the evening for his house was gone by the middle of the day in the fire ..as he explained in the post that he went to work thinking that he had a chance to come home dureing lunch and grab a few things and by lunch time he was homeless and wearing the only cloths he had at the time where on his back ..

plus talking to a person who does city engineering one day when we where in the court waiting to be called for trial ..we had a long talk as we waited to be called for court that day about the fault lines running through out the city and where we where the federal court building was on one side and my apt was on the other side of it ...

the problem as he explain to me was if the quake hit us hard enough like the northridge quake ..the problem of getting out of the city would be a nightmare for the only open safe road out of the city is down to San Deigo and then over to Az and out of the state or if you luckly your north of the city and go around it..

as he put anything east of the court house was toast and not worth trying to get back to along with parts of the city are going to be in total messed up and not worth trying to get to the place in the first place.

where my apt is in LA is next to the major fault line for i checked on a map that the guy told me to check out and i was on a major fault line ..so if a quake does happen i have a 90.precent chance of not going to the apt and picking up my bad weather bag or my totes filled with supplies ..

so i have some basic items in the tailgate area of the smart i drive to help with some of the basic travel ..but it would down to Deigo and over to Az then north to the cabin ..the travel time is going to be a couple of days i figure to the cabin after a quake
Old 11-15-2010, 12:52 PM
V

Thanked 34,609 Times in 13,896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCanada View Post

Second is a bit more tricky: if you are putting stuff in a bag it is more of a BOB or GHB, but if you also carry it everyday...
lol tbh its whatever you want it to be EDC is as good as any other acronym

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhCanada View Post
The problem with a bag is that it is very external, it can get stolen, people take them off when they are at work or at a coffee shop, so in those cases they are not really on their person 100% of the time. Pocket EDC however, well no one takes off their pants at work unless you work a nasty job (you know what I mean, don't make me say it, wink wink, nudge nudge, ok you have forced me...if you clean up chemical spills for a job you may have to de-pant to detox yourself, or are a life guard at a pool you won't be wearing pants [what? not the nasty jobs you were expecting? get your mind out of the gutter!])
I'm sort of in agreement here but........... not quite.

I used to carry stuff i my pockets, I jangled

I switched to a small camera belt pouch and an EDC bag and tbh its alot more comfortable. Plus I can carry larger items in the bag such as safety glasses, face masks, water bottles, possibles tub, windup torch etc
The Following User Says Thank You to Smudge For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Target Shooter

hank2222, it's a little outside of EDC, but since you mentioned work I'll let you know that when I had a job with a fixed location I kept a small box with things like mixed nuts, can fruit, chocolate, can fish, etc., plus a 24 pack of 500ml bottles of water in case I had to stay the night due to a snow storm and/or had to walk home. I based the food not on meals (I'd only expected an over night stay after all) but on having 2 of each item, so if need be I could take half and leave half for someone else. All cans were pop-top style and my Leatherman has a can opener if those failed, I also had fast food supplied plastic sealed forks.

I may have a few energy bars in my day-pack but this really helps top up a lighter EDC bag if you are at work and get the news that you have to use your EDC bag as a Get Home Bag; but the main purpose was in case I had to spend the night.

This was of course in addition to my EDC and my day-pack. The food and water was kinda like prepping a location that was neither home nor a retreat, but I spent a lot of each day there Monday to Friday.

Another free work tip, I was once doing security for a building that wasn't yet completely built so it was cold, well I found some carpet that hadn't yet be laid down and used it as a blanket to cover myself while I watched the camera monitors, oh did I mention that this was the graveyard shift? Don't try that during the day lol.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Survivor

i work in a large building and it could be a target for the people so i keep some things with me at all times in the matter of traveling in a darken building or a subway type set up travel path for me to get out of the way .

for the L.A metro light rail system runs not far from the courthouse if i need to walk down to the courthouse and take the train back and forth from the apt i rent ..