Survivalist Forum banner

this site= opsec blown?

4K views 45 replies 32 participants last post by  querulous 
#1 ·
didnt know where to put it so here we go. dos anyone ever think maybe this sight is being monitored? or that maybe potential looters are trying to hack computers and find out our location? Maybe this is just me being paranoid? thoughts please.

#10 ·
Monitor the site? Why would anyone want to waste time seeing what a bunch of Rambo wanna-bes and Internet tough guys are talking about? Particularly since a lot of what people here say is so unbelievable (coughJimmyKellercough) it makes you wonder about the general level of sanity...

As to potential looters: They don't have to hack anything. With the right, generally available software and equipment you can get the ISP identification of anyone posting here, which will lead you right to them unless they're using a proxy. Anyone on this board automatically compromises their OPSEC. Such is life. For some of us, communication is more important.

#13 ·
Short answer? Probably. But then, Big Brother has probably already had me sussed since that first school report back in primary school in the 70's that said "Does Not Play Well With Others."
Organised crime have probably got links into databases as well- so yeah, probably again.
Stop now and go drink the kool-aid. Your questions could make a feller uncertain. ;)

#37 ·
For random internet stalkers, just change online IDs every month or two, so that no one can build up a profile of you.

You can also salt the data mining with bad information. For instance, I am a 98 year old Cherokee-Japanese woman living in Cleveland. I have been running a dog sitting business since 1968. I drive a Prius. I have a grandson who is an apartment manager. You should do this on purpose, every so often, if data mining concerns you.

I'm not too worried about Big Sis. If they want you, they already know where you are.

#39 ·
I don't think anyone here is so important that we'll be a target when things get bad. There is always a potential of looters when things get bad, but I don't think people are using this site(or the other hundreds of sites just like it) to make a list of targets for after a disaster. Any of us will just be dust in the wind. The government won't be tracking us because they really don't care about us. In the big picture, a handful of "Preppers" is the least of their concerns. We're just not that important.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.