Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1 oz. Silver Maple Leaf vs. American Silver Eagle mrwilson2013 Financial Forum 111 12-20-2016 07:45 AM
Calculator For Actual Silver Content Value of US Silver Coins XS29L Financial Forum 14 08-09-2016 04:30 PM
Private Full-Service Silver Mints producing Silver Generic Rounds Branned Financial Forum 1 11-17-2015 07:47 PM
Canada issues $20 silver coin for trade = $116 silver carlnpa Financial Forum 33 05-30-2015 08:03 AM
Physical Silver is Really $50 per Ounce (80% Premium on COMEX Silver Non-Delivery) Branned Financial Forum 26 12-18-2014 10:50 PM
Silver Immune Booster Sale! Best Value Colloidal Silver Solution GetPreparedStuff For Sale 7 10-20-2014 11:45 AM
Election Results & market trending desertpir8 Financial Forum 5 10-24-2012 09:26 PM
Silver is now trending......up? Bud Financial Forum 53 09-05-2012 12:31 PM
TRENDING: Nugent threatens death if Obama wins in November matty86suk Political News and Discussion 101 04-20-2012 03:17 PM

Old 06-20-2017, 02:32 PM
I choose freewill....

Thanked 4,239 Times in 1,374 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1978 View Post
So do you advise us to buy or to sell at 16.47$? My question is if the financial SHTF comes is it good to have Silver or not? I am asking this because some say silver/gold will be worthless if current financial empire crumbles.

So which is i?
I don't know squat but this is what I would do:

Take care of the debt you can.

Get a good cash stash in small bills under you of about $2K or so. (cash will still be king initially)

Get a good stash of 90% silver under you.

Get a roll or however many you can of SAE's.

Get at least an ounce or two of gold, my preference is GAE's in 1/10th and 1/4oz increments.

Rinse, repeat, read, read, read, apply to YOUR situation. Don't tell a frickin' soul about what you have.

Stay safe.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FreedomofSpeech For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2017, 09:21 AM
Feeling extra snarky

Except the 90% suggestion everything FreedomofSpeech is a very good guide.

I don't think that 90% will be considered any better than cash when cash is no longer king, except as a source of melt value silver, so you might as well have the pure thing to start with.

With that said the big thing to have is cash, and also plenty of money in the bank.

The most likely thing to happen to YOU as far as a crisis is, is in this order.
Personal 99.9%.
Family 100%.
Local 90%.
Regional 75%.
National 25% or less.
Globally Probably less than 10%.

As far as investing goes you are most likely going to better off with a good dividend paying mutual fund that has a long track record. The one I am buying at this time has been operating since 1929, and has has only missed a quarterly dividend about a dozen times. Something about a depression, and I guess the whole planet was trying to exterminate it self.

The best thing you can do is have money put back for the personal stuff, and know how to take care of yourself. Part of that also includes making sure that hunny bunny, and the ankle biters are also independent, for the time when the big one does happen, and you are laying face down in a ditch a hundred miles away they can still thrive.

The same people who scream that something will be worthless, or king, are the same people who said that BREXIT will crash the economy, and it did!........................ For a day.

In other words until further notice cash is king. Buy the stuff you need, put some back, and have a hoard of silver that the grand kids won't understand is for.

Sorry for the long windedness, here is a couple of minutes mudding goodness from last month.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZxis-iTct0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rollis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Outside the box

Quote:
plenty of money in the bank
Except for "bank holidays" and any other reason "your $$" is no longer "yours" if you can't physically hold it, touch it don't start to believe it's "yours" , it's someone elses' they've just not taken it yet......

Don't kid yourselves into believing that the FDIC will cover that, look at their ability compared to the amount on deposit today- IF you've not done this already you're way behind the 8 ball IMHO

YOMV
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aceoky For This Useful Post:

Old 06-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,464 Times in 6,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
Except for "bank holidays" and any other reason "your $$" is no longer "yours" if you can't physically hold it, touch it don't start to believe it's "yours" , it's someone elses' they've just not taken it yet......

Don't kid yourselves into believing that the FDIC will cover that, look at their ability compared to the amount on deposit today- IF you've not done this already you're way behind the 8 ball IMHO

YOMV
Exactly! The FDIC is only capable of covering a minor bank crisis not a major run on the banks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,635 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
FYI,
Ag and Au go on sale again middle to late next week courtesy of Aunty Janet. Anyone taking bets on how big the beatings gonna be?

I'm throwing out mid $16s/$1235.
Not a bad guess....
June 27 close 1242.16,
flash crash was 1238.62

Can we borrow Aunty for a bottom?
Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM
Feeling extra snarky

Keeping plenty of money in the bank refers to having access to funds when you will need them most. The truck is in the shop, and you end up sitting for three weeks at home may be an enjoyable surprise, that is until the rent is due in a few days, or the engine in the Cobalt blows a rod and you have to go to the bank to borrow the money to buy a new engine.

I would of rather just been able to pay cash for the repairs then still be paying on the credit line I took out to pay for this personal disaster. Especially considering that the car went back to the the bank about a year later when my family's world was in total collapse.

The act of keeping large amounts of cash around might be a cool thing to brag about, but not all that smart if the house burns down, or someone breaks in and gets lucky and finds your secret hiding spot for your money, or maybe the better half decides to start spending your secret stash on the new boyfriend, and their new pain pill hobbie.

I like having a small amount of cash on me, but have learned that having a plastic card that can be turned off in about 30 seconds is a good way to keep what little bit of fiat money that I have available to me, and not some junkie.

And even though the fiat that my employer pays me with is worthless until I find someone to take it for the goods that they have, I have found that my landlord, (and the Wal-Mart down the street), prefer the 1's & o's I have over three chickens, a 90% dime that I claim to be worth more than a regular dime, and some canned tomatoes I put away last year.

The jerk was really irritated with me last year when I tried to pay the August rent with a half box of Remington Thunderbolts. I even explained to him that they are worth more than the Rolex watch he was wearing. Some people refuse to get with the program.

I like cash, but after traveling the country for the 25 years I really like having my check in the bank, and available on payday, and not a couple of weeks later when the two week trip, turns into a five week trip with only enough cash for the aforementioned two weeks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rollis For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM

Default 90% sivler below spot

90% SILVER AT BELOW SPOT

Here's the deal;
APMEX thru their eBay storefront are offer $10FV rolls of 90% quarters for $126.62.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPECIAL-PRIC...9%3A6000000123
Also, eBay is currently giving 8% eBucks, (the category APMEX has these coins listed under qualify for the eBucks).
So the math;
$126.62 sale price for roll
<$10.13> eBuck "discount"
-----------------------
$116.49 net purchase price

$116.49 divided by 7.15 (number of onces of silver in $10FV) = $16.29 per ounce

Current spot (15:36 CT ON 6/27): $16.77

Also thru eBay you can use a CC, so if you have a cash back card......bonus
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texas23 For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,463 Times in 3,145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas23
Also, eBay is currently giving 8% eBucks, (the category APMEX has these coins listed under qualify for the eBucks).
Not seeing the 8% eBay bucks at checkout, what am I missing?
The Following User Says Thank You to Deadmeat99 For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,319 Times in 692 Posts

I'm wondering the the APMEX deal are culls. Well worn in the pics, meaning under weight.
I bought a decent amount of quarters from a well-known online dealer. Worn and above spot. Just sayin.
The Following User Says Thank You to fistfulladirt For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat99 View Post
Not seeing the 8% eBay bucks at checkout, what am I missing?
I received an email regarding the 8% eBucks, and within email there was a "button" to click in order to activate the 8%.
There was also a message in my eBay account messages notifying about the 8%, also with a button to click to activate.
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
I'm wondering the the APMEX deal are culls. Well worn in the pics, meaning under weight.
I bought a decent amount of quarters from a well-known online dealer. Worn and above spot. Just sayin.
No mention in description being culls.
I've bought these rolls from APMEX before. They're not BU, but also not slugs. If the sale is still going tomorrow, I'll see if I can find a previous roll, break it and post a pic of the "typical" coins in the roll.

Cheers