Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Obamacare MERGE Thread. All others merged here. RECTIFIER General Discussion 2284 05-08-2017 02:07 AM
New AK sales just got halted by the government...OFFICIAL MERGE THREAD Steverino Military Weapons Forum 159 08-02-2014 12:18 PM
EBT down-OFFICIAL MERGE THREAD! ALL EBT THREADS MERGED HERE Glock755 General Discussion 448 11-11-2013 01:21 AM
merge thread request Absolutely! Site Information & Suggestion Box 12 08-21-2013 10:10 PM
IL gun ban MERGE THREAD. Discuss IL gun ban here wtr100 Firearms General Discussion 190 01-07-2013 09:53 AM

Old 06-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Omnes homines resurgere

Thanked 1,492 Times in 395 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Toba is a fault line volcano with exceptionally dirty (sulfur rich) magma. It has a disproportionately large cooling effect. Yellowstone is a mantle plume hotspot with exceptionally clean (sulfur poor) magma. It has a disproportionately small cooling effect.
....Not to mention that Toba blew 75,000 years ago and the only way we know of it is ash deposits in the geological record.

I specifically skipped Toba in my original post because we have no historical record of the actual effect. We can only assume how powerful the Toba eruption was. Contrast that with Krakatoa, where we have very good scientific records and eyewitness accounts. We can verify the impact of the eruption on global climate by comparing data before and after. Krakatoa was a VEI 6, while Yellowstone is predicted to be a VEI 8.

My Original Post:

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...ne#post7774509

I hope that sharkeater and anyone concerned with Yellowstone will find it a helpful read.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPhoenix13 For This Useful Post: