Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start Anew 223shootersc Books, Movies & Stories 885 Today 04:18 PM
Dark Grid - Second Edition (professionally edited) DarkLight Books, Movies & Stories 52 02-20-2017 11:57 AM
Should I ever move back to NY ? Plasma1010 New York 40 02-20-2017 08:04 AM
Hunting in Grizz country Wilderdood Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 81 10-13-2016 01:56 PM

Old 10-17-2016, 08:48 AM

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bevis View Post
If you bite a person, wouldn't that increase the chances of you getting a blood born disease like HIV from them if they have one? Not asking to be rude, just because I really don't know if it would lol
Yes it would, IF they have one. However if your life is on the line I would expect most people would be willing to take that chance.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gman4q2 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2016, 09:06 AM
Living the dream:-)

Thanked 2,381 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman4q2 View Post
Yes it would, IF they have one. However if your life is on the line I would expect most people would be willing to take that chance.
Very true, last resort I don't think anything is off the table but I wouldn't make that a go to unless needed. Just for the off chance of contracting something, but I can vouch getting bit doesn't feel good. And can permanently scar
Old 02-01-2017, 10:25 PM

I havent read all of the post since there is now over 100 of them, but since you said you dont have strength to push someone off, then focus pushing yourself away from them or slipping out from under. I wouldn try to poke someones eye when they have the dominate position, your job at that moment is to get to a better position before any attack if you can. if you poke an eye while they are on top of you guess what, you just gave them the idea to do it right back to you and will probably be able to do it better. knives and keyrings are just stuff they can take away and use on you so use that as very last resort also. those jiujitsu escape videos like the first one posted are great to learn, get to a class like that if you can. Use moves like that to get to a better position so you can run away hopefully. be the slippery cat and scream as loud as you can for help, and keep your head covered. is concealed carry an option for you? for sure get you a safety whistle. good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to mygunisjammed For This Useful Post:

Old 02-02-2017, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygunisjammed View Post
I havent read all of the post since there is now over 100 of them, but since you said you dont have strength to push someone off, then focus pushing yourself away from them or slipping out from under. I wouldn try to poke someones eye when they have the dominate position, your job at that moment is to get to a better position before any attack if you can. if you poke an eye while they are on top of you guess what, you just gave them the idea to do it right back to you and will probably be able to do it better. knives and keyrings are just stuff they can take away and use on you so use that as very last resort also. those jiujitsu escape videos like the first one posted are great to learn, get to a class like that if you can. Use moves like that to get to a better position so you can run away hopefully. be the slippery cat and scream as loud as you can for help, and keep your head covered. is concealed carry an option for you? for sure get you a safety whistle. good luck.
Funny all these replies and I don't think she ever came back. Most of us discussed pros and cons of styles. Lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Third World'er Lunatic

Thanked 29,261 Times in 9,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevlin View Post
Also check out these little nasties:

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/UC2...Leather-Sheath
one of these. take the scale off and make it flatter.and it is a double edge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SCORP TAIL II.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	186633  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goblin X For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Ready, willing, and able

Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,848 Posts

How to fight back when someone pushes you down? Simple. Call in an air strike.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luke 22:35-38 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2017, 04:22 PM

Always try to get back to your feet. For an untrained individual, or one that is severely outmatched in strength or size, being on the ground is a huge disadvantage.

If you have no choice, always go for the weakest and most sensitive points on a male's body - the groin, throat, or eyes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Defenderring For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin X View Post
one of these. take the scale off and make it flatter.and it is a double edge.
I have one of these and it's a nice set up, kydex belt clip and a a steel bead necklace. I think I paid about 20 and is available in straight blade and full serrated. This tends to hang out at the house. EDC my Kershaw blur folder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hrt_knife_karambit.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	188993   Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	189001   Click image for larger version

Name:	$_1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	189009  

Last edited by Gva; 02-12-2017 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: Add picture
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2017, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahumanperson View Post
I am a college girl and recently got into a situation (it didn't go very far but it kind of freaked me out) and I realized I have no upper body strength to force someone off me. I always assumed if it came to it I would be able to get out of a situation if I really wanted to (dumb I know).

Is there a move or trick for someone with a slight build to get out of this kind of situation and force someone off?

Thanks if you take the time to respond!
Weapons are the most effective option.

Self defence, yes there are of course techniques to outgrapple others. Enough skill can enable any man to take down any other man theoretically. With women, starting at half men's strength it becomes more difficult to ensure this for most outcomes. For example weak or old woman versus very strong man and the strength differential may be 4-6 times. This is like difference between strong guy and a gorilla, no amount of training can cover it.

Not to say there is no way to swing % of scenarios in your favour. As former combatives trainer for NATO my suggestion is get into a real fighting sport for a while, aka MMA, muay thai, wrestling, boxing, judo, BJJ etc.

Advantages for this.

1. They are full contact and their practitioners can wipe out the average guy very easily.
2. They also wipe out the McDojo bruce lee who flung dung styles( karate, kungfu, TKD, etc) very quickly, most of these don't actually work on the street.
3. They wipe out 'Bobs 3 week self defence course for women' people even faster.
4. Most importantly you will spar every day with extremely strong men. You will feel the difference in strength, but you will no longer fear it, you will know what works, how to move your body, you will know in seconds of a man grabbing you the best technique to utilise. This confidence means you will also not look like prey.
5. They are professional with their handling of women and new students. You aren't going to get hurt, you will however sweat and work very very hard.

basically there are no shortcuts to getting good at self defence, you need to put the work in. There are however a lot of people trying to sell you shortcuts. Generally the groups in 2 and 3...
The Following User Says Thank You to sixtus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 12:19 PM

Get a neck knife, and practice cutting with it, and be prepared to be a caveman about things. Your attacker will be like a caveman, and it won't bother him a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterMills357 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Target Shooter

T-E-E-N
Throat, eyes, ear and nose.
Not necessarily in that order but as opportunity presents itself.
When attacked, you rarely know the intent and severity of the attacker. FULL ON, no holds barred.
Practice. Even if alone, it will create habits and a mind set.
The Following User Says Thank You to superflux For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2017, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflux View Post
T-E-E-N
Throat, eyes, ear and nose.
Not necessarily in that order but as opportunity presents itself.
When attacked, you rarely know the intent and severity of the attacker. FULL ON, no holds barred.
Practice. Even if alone, it will create habits and a mind set.
Eyes maybe. Ears, nose and throat can take a lot of punishment in real life scenarios. Hits to these regions, even repeatedly don't necessarily stop anyone, let alone provide an advantage for a weaker person against stronger.

Again I suggest the easiest way to learn to defend one self is to forget the cool formulas and go into a professional fight club for lessons.( boxing, mauy thai, MMA etc)

It boggles my mind how many times I hear this on martial arts forums "What would you do if a 250lb mugger grabbed your girl in front of you etc etc etc. These guys spend years living in doubt wondering 'if' their skills will work on 'xyz musclebound boxer who did 8 years in the pen'. Its all they talk about.

The easy solution is just go and train with that guy. Any boxing club has 10 of that guy.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:54 AM

Get some pepper spray and attach it to your key chain. Whenever you are walking keep your hand on the button. I use it when I go camping to keep the wild hogs and bears out of my camp. Woke up in the middle of the night once and sprayed myself by mistake. Can't think of anyone but superman whose attitude wouldn't change after getting hit by that crap.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:04 PM

I used to be a LEO . I also gave talks to classes. Usually if someone pushes you down it might end up bad for you.

Good advises from people here.

I would suggest that you enroll in a self defense class such as Jiu Jitsu or Wing Chun or any close quarters hand to hand combat. Emphasize to the instructor your previous situation and get him/her to concentrate on such moves. Reconstruct them and practice.

In hand weapons such as car keys, hair pins, brooch, or even a pepper spray should be a leverage for you. Even your long fingernails..

You must learn to be confident and not scared to response.

I am an exponent of Wing Chun and Tae Kwon Do (ITF). I found that you can become more confident when you learnt Martial Arts.

There are so many more things that I want to advise you to do and think, but at this moment, that's it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tokwan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2017, 03:19 AM
Just some guy

Thanked 11,545 Times in 4,044 Posts

Bite. Allot. As hard as you can.

I'm not ashamed to admit it because number 1. No such thing as a fair fight and 2. I'm not a big guy. I average 140-150 lbs and in almost every fight I've ever been in the other fella was bigger. In many cases, allot bigger. I learned the hard way that to fight fair is likely going to result in me getting hurt. So I learned to fight dirty at a pretty young age. Since then I've had plenty of training but still resort to every dirty trick in the book if I have too.

Also, every single fight I've eve been in has eventually gone to the ground. Even when I desperately tried everything I had to avoid it. This brings you in close and against someone more powerful or better trained you need something else.

Repeated viscious biting has worked for me. Every single time I've used it. First off, it hurts like hell. Second, it's kind of frightening when a human being appears rabid and crazy. And last but not least....I've never had an individual that didn't give up or just get the hell away from me after employing this tactic. No one wants to fight a biter trust me.

And when I say bite I mean go full throttle and remove whatever you get your teeth into. Maybe a little gross but if it's your life on the line I think you'll get over it. Snap away and whoever is on top of you won't be for long.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:02 AM
Always thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmorgan View Post
I was a martial arts instructor for many years, so I feel compelled to offer my suggestions.

Women are almost always at a disadvantage because they have less upper-body strength. On the other hand, they are warriors to the bone, if they haven't been taught not to be because "nice girls" don't demolish their attackers.

So start off with the basic premise: No more Mr. Nice Chick. Do what you have to do, when you have to do it--no matter what.

If your opponent takes you down, the fight is 90% lost, so you have to make up a lot of ground in a hurry.

If he follows you down, don't wait for him to pound. If you have a hand free, you can stick your thumb in your attacker's ear hole and try very hard to grind/drill your thumbnail straight into his brain. Usually his head will travel straight sideways to get away from the pain until he runs out of neck, and then his body will instantly follow.

Practice it a few times with a male friend that thinks he can handle a little pain. Do it hard enough that he declines to let you practice anymore--because "hard" is what you're actually learning.

(Go ahead and warn him--he won't believe you. But he'll wind with a new tool in his bag of tricks, too. Fair trade.)

Alternatively, if you have one hand (or both) free and you attacker follows you down don't wait for him to rip your blouse off, either. Yell "DARLING!!" as loud as you can while you wrap your arm(s) around his neck and pull your face up as if to kiss him.

Instead, miss his mouth and try very, very, hard to bite the front half of his nose right off his face. Your totem animal here is the venerable snapping turtle, who (once he bites) never lets go until it thunders. Don't let go until his nose comes off in your mouth.

By then the pain and the horror of disfigurement will leave him with only one goal in mind: to get as far away from you as possible.

Combine the nose-gnaw with an ear-screw, and he won't know whether to make poo-poo potty or go blind.

Pain works twice as well when the recipient cannot instantly retreat from it. So when you finally let him leave, he'll do so at his maximum speed.

It's a nauseating thought to have half of someone's nose come off in your mouth--and that's why so few people are willing to use that tactic, even to save their lives.

So harden your mind beforehand with vivid imaginings--including you dead under the dirt--until the idea of gnawing half a person's face off is revealed to be the much lesser of two evils.

That way, if you ever have to do it, you can do it fast--and without hesitation.

The jaws, BTW, supposedly have the strongest muscles in the human body. Sometimes it becomes both necessary and appropriate to demonstrate that fact.

I deeply apologize if I have offended anyone with my barbaric advice.

Over the years, I have taught many equally inhumane tactics with equally vivid language. A few times, former students came back (years later) and told me that such training saved their lives.

And that was not just the ladies. A couple were combat troops that wound up going hand-to-hand with the enemy.
As another who has had martial arts teaching experience.....

Everything you seen so far in this thread has merit. However, you also need to be able to turn on the "warrior's mind" instantly. I imagine that you experienced a delayed reaction when you were pushed to the ground and thought something like "this can't be happening to me". You lost precious reaction time while that thought ran through you head. That delay can get you killed. Yes, be aware of your surroundings, be wary of everyone. Look at everyone and evaluate their threat posture before something happens...even the little old lady pushing a shopping cart.... it may well be that she might accidentally push that cart into your shin. Half expecting it may save you a bruise. Half expecting something else from a bigger threat may save your life.

You can make a little game of it. Practice it always. Enhance your situational awareness skills and improve your reaction time. Train with someone in the punches and strikes mentioned by other posters. Carry a weapon. All combined will help keep you alive.
The Following User Says Thank You to mfxman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2017, 02:39 PM

Train MMA, 2-3 days a week, religiously for at least 2 years (1 year for men). Not just BJJ, but full MMA. And carry pepper spray. There are no shortcuts.

LMAO at people suggesting the carrying of a gun in a forum called: "Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense"
Old 03-05-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaayas View Post
Bite. Allot. As hard as you can.

I'm not ashamed to admit it because number 1. No such thing as a fair fight and 2. I'm not a big guy. I average 140-150 lbs and in almost every fight I've ever been in the other fella was bigger. In many cases, allot bigger. I learned the hard way that to fight fair is likely going to result in me getting hurt. So I learned to fight dirty at a pretty young age. Since then I've had plenty of training but still resort to every dirty trick in the book if I have too.

Also, every single fight I've eve been in has eventually gone to the ground. Even when I desperately tried everything I had to avoid it. This brings you in close and against someone more powerful or better trained you need something else.

Repeated viscious biting has worked for me. Every single time I've used it. First off, it hurts like hell. Second, it's kind of frightening when a human being appears rabid and crazy. And last but not least....I've never had an individual that didn't give up or just get the hell away from me after employing this tactic. No one wants to fight a biter trust me.

And when I say bite I mean go full throttle and remove whatever you get your teeth into. Maybe a little gross but if it's your life on the line I think you'll get over it. Snap away and whoever is on top of you won't be for long.
Can work, not always. Maybe not even that effective. Human's bites aren't that powerful. Adrenaline is a very good painkiller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_3ztsAHfEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmeln2GTHfc
The Following User Says Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Officer Friendly

Thanked 2,104 Times in 626 Posts
Default How to fight back if someone pushes you down?

If you are on your back, you need strong abs and legs as well as upper body. If they are standing, keep your feet between them and you and kick at the knees and groin.

Meanwhile, yell for help and make as much noise as possible to hopefully scare them off.

This is just a simple idea to delay the attacker. Without some grappling training, you may be in for a rough night. The good news is that if you take BJJ for ad little as 3-4 months, you will be able to overcome 90% of the idiots out there in a grappling match

The typical thug in a grappling match isn't going to fight smart and conserve energy. He is going to come at you at full speed and try to overpower you on the ground. That means he will tire quickly as the average bum doesn't do cardio.

If he is on top, pull his head down into your chest, try to tie up his right arm while turning your face away from his dominant hand. (90% of people are right handed) and RELAX. BREATH. When he tires in a minute or two, then try to escape.

Make him run out of gas and then Make your move
Old 03-05-2017, 07:40 PM
Just some guy

Thanked 11,545 Times in 4,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KravMagoo View Post
Can work, not always. Maybe not even that effective. Human's bites aren't that powerful. Adrenaline is a very good painkiller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_3ztsAHfEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmeln2GTHfc
If you say so.

I've taken chunks of meat out of people. Maybe I have a stronger bite than most I dunno.

I'm better on my feet and one thing I can say is I've never had anyone continue to try and grapple with me after taking a piece of them.

Never had to do it, but if my life was on the line I have little doubt I could tear a man's throat out with my teeth. Provided I had the opportunity mind you.

Those are ear bites. Probably the least effective area to do any real damage. I go for hands, fingers, and the wrist.