Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford 300, 302 and 360 rustybones Vehicles & Transportation 30 07-19-2015 07:14 PM
Harrison Ford -- Ricekila General Discussion 70 03-08-2015 04:31 PM
best bullet proof vest / slash proof shakesxxx Reviews and questions 1 02-02-2014 12:51 AM
Ford 2N 8N or 9N? JoeKan Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 22 12-11-2013 11:20 AM
Rob Ford is entertaining.... zatoichi Political News and Discussion 2 11-23-2013 01:09 PM
Fire Proof/Water Proof Safe nico027 DIY - Do It Yourself 7 03-14-2012 12:32 AM
Ford's Cloud Car blackkitty The Tech Zone 1 07-16-2011 01:54 AM
Have You Driven A Ford Lately. Caoccha Jokes, Humor & Music 14 05-14-2009 02:47 PM

Old 12-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,156 Times in 486 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyingslower View Post
Now that everyone has convinced themselves all about how EMP will do them no harm -- after all they *RESEARCHED* it on the Internet, I feel much better. All these Ph.D candidates and all these Engineers right here on this list that found what they wanted to believe on the internet. Then pat each other on the back for being so smart.

Wow. Just wow....

Obviously, such competence cannot be argued with. I know i can't. Even though an "EMP simulation laboratory" does not and cannot exist, we'll believe an article that tells us what we want to hear. Okay. Go ahead. Appears to be the facts showed up too late.

Who, me? Oh, I just design EMP hardening for nuclear-capable aircraft, that's all. I've been in the EMP disciplines since the early 1980s and then into Lightning Strike concerns for aircraft since long before Al Gore invented the internet. But that might not compete with a farmer.

There are no "EMP simulation laboratories". Anyone that bases their 'research' on that is in error, or selling something. There are some capable HIRF installations, but that is far from the same thing. Part of the big problem that we've always struggled with is that EMP cannot be adequately nor accurately 'simulated' without nuclear detonation. You might could imagine how the neighbors would complain.

Your 'internet research' may not have revealed that pesky little point. Our data is good, but it basically stopped in the 60s. Because it was 'nuclear', it was pooh-poohed for 2 solid decades. Now, all of a sudden, it's a concern and unsurprisingly, few know anything about it.

Anything with a PN junction is susceptible to EMP. The more populated the PN junctions, and the smaller the junction area, the more susceptible the item is. Rather than waste the time of such informed internet "researchers" <chuckle>, I'll let you explain to each other what that means. And then pat each other on the back some more.

Believe as you will. My guess is you'll be stealing what you want soon enough because the world didn't work out the way you were told. You're setting yourself up for banditry. That's fine. Not my business. But no need setting up someone else that comes asking.

A 300 I6 Ford has electronic ignition. The PN junction in the Hall Effect sensor (under the distributor cap) will probably be toasted. The linear components (resistors, caps) in the control board will not.

Wait... probably oughta go 'research' that on the internet - although i doubt it's on the internet what with all the Mr. Wizard types out there. Don't just take the word of someone that's been in it and been paid for the expertise. Take the word of someone that's been paid to write a story about it. That's REAL research.

DS
I won't argue with your expertise on the subject, however, you really do need to work on your diplomacy.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:14 AM
Your worst nightmare.....

Thanked 4,838 Times in 1,977 Posts

Here is my side of the EMP

If it happens.... where will you get gas or diesel ? I believe those will be hard to find.
And if you are the only one with a working vehicle..... how long before someone takes it and your stockpile of fuel.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macruadhi View Post
I won't argue with your expertise on the subject, however, you really do need to work on your diplomacy.
Have to admit you're right. Asperger's. ADHD. Age. Impatience. All. None. Maybe I'm just a jerk, though I'd like to think it's unintentional.

I will. I'll work on it a bit more.

Thanks.

DS

Old 01-01-2017, 06:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,441 Times in 1,720 Posts

Quote:
Have to admit you're right. Asperger's. ADHD. Age. Impatience. All. None. Maybe I'm just a jerk, though I'd like to think it's unintentional.

Thanks.

DS
I didn't think you where that harsh.

I'd like to hear more from you on the subject. A lot of people seem to quote the same EMP report, but I have always had my questions and doubts about some of the findings....
The Following User Says Thank You to Metcalf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,306 Times in 1,096 Posts

^^^^what Metcalf said.
Any time you want to add to the EMP info, will be graciously taken in. I would love to find a way to make a type of faraday cave for an automobile. I have wondered if there was a way to shield it, either by turning metallic surface components a certain way, using metal conduit to run the vehicles wires, or something else.
Please feel free to give more info. Me, I am a bit blunt, even quite a jerk, when it comes to certain subjects. I Tend to let ER roll and it can be obnoxious of me. Though I usually laugh about it later.
I like brutally honest, sometimes it is the only way to say something.
Please continue to add to this. I own everything from a '74 CJ to a '14 Cherokee. Throw in the "Dirty Ho" and TJL and I have 4 vehicles. I live in the sticks, have a farm, and would like to make rounds with one of them or the tractor if possible.
So, me
Being the selfish arse that I am, I ask for MOAR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to htfiremedic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2017, 01:45 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,156 Times in 486 Posts

Quote:

Thanks.

DS
Hope I didn't offend, the "real" me wants to jump to conclusions and fly off the handle when people write (spew) things that are outright wrong (Colloidal silver, for example) and just plain be nasty whenever I read hogwash on here. Then I realise that we're not having a conversation in person.

Anyway, thanks for your post, hope it helps someone here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macruadhi For This Useful Post: