Survivalist Forum banner

SNL, Santorum & Attitudes

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  spameggsbaconandspam 
#1 ·
I was watching SNL a few weeks ago and I saw a spoof about Santorum while he was campaigning in Iowa. It went on where the actor said he was lost in a corn field and he had to survive for days on "wild game".

I thought that this is typical, I'll say, "artisy" writers from NYC making fun of Middle America types.

To me it hinted at sneering at survivalist types. It was deriding for sure. It's like when Wil Farrel mocked Christian Politicians after they lost an elections. To me just pure hatred. Hate crime? I don't know.

Brings me to the point.

These NYC types that make fun of Middle America are the same one that were running down the street when our Prez flew his Airplane over Manhattan with fighter Jets in tow. This was at the beginning of the Prez's term in Jan or Feb of 2009 and it was likely a Re-election effort to say that only the Prez can fly over NYC, or whatever. Those people were running, youtube videos showed it.

They were scared. I bet they wished they were in a corn field in Iowa.

So my conclusion, I don't know why people try to mock those that Prep.

Our Prez's own Airplane can stay in the air for, some, 3 weeks without landing. And have communication with the world and Allies.

The Prez and all other Prez's had their Prep.

I learned that the Airplane can stay in flight for weeks off of a Discovery Channel show.

Comments, thoughts. thx
So next time someone attempts to deride and sneer tell them our Prez does, in fact, Prep.

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is the link to New Yorkers running down the streets. Wow, so many views and no replies.

Maybe it's that everyone you talk to or hear from highly respect Preppers.

Well, with DoomsDay Preppers, the new show on TV this week; I hope they are respectful of other's opinions and practices.

#3 ·
It sounds to me like someone missed the point that they may have been mocking Santorum, not the midwest. Would anyone really buy that he had to hunt game in a corn field? How does one even get lost in a corn field in the first place? Perhaps they are saying Santorum is stupid and lacking in credibility. Perhaps this is satire, something SNL is known for.

;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.