Legacy Foods - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legacy M22 hudson69 Pistol and Revolver Forum 0 03-03-2014 04:31 AM
Legacy Foods, Anyone eaten this stuff? saln Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 3 02-15-2014 03:05 PM
Legacy postbit JerseyPatriot Site Information & Suggestion Box 3 01-24-2013 12:26 AM
Third Party Study Finds 110 Times! the Oxygen Levels in Wise Foods over MH Foods! JC Refuge Safecastle 6 07-26-2012 11:38 AM
Canned foods vs Mylar bagged foods LHUFFMAN Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 01-07-2012 11:57 AM
Tinned Foods, Non Perishable Foods tiberius British Isles and ROI 22 07-25-2011 05:33 AM
The Obama Legacy Medieval Man Political News and Discussion 3 07-08-2011 12:44 PM
Dogs and Cats: Shelf life of foods and foods to avoid. Big Horn Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 5 06-24-2010 06:42 PM
Foods of the Apocalypse? Shelf lives and comfort foods Troglodad Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 31 01-21-2010 01:35 PM
Canning Foods, Poisoning Foods, and reusable lids Crutch Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 13 07-29-2009 03:00 PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 04:31 PM
zja08 zja08 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: WV
Posts: 136
Thanks: 39
Thanked 61 Times in 30 Posts
Default Legacy Foods



Advertise Here

Has anyone ever seen or used Legacy foods? I have found them, they claim to be cheaper than the others and have a higher calorie count. I guess I'm just a little sceptical about buying from a company I have not heard of or is not reputable.

Here is the company I found selling it http://www.buyemergencyfoods.com/sho...d-storage.html

Thanks
Old 06-14-2012, 04:40 PM
felicia's Avatar
felicia felicia is offline
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Another disgruntled ex mod
Posts: 5,709
Thanks: 11,044
Thanked 9,713 Times in 3,869 Posts
Default

Another fly by night company. I looked at the nutrition info. Hearty Stew 90 calories and 980 mg of sodium. Not what I would want to eat.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to felicia For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2012, 04:44 PM
jfountain2's Avatar
jfountain2 jfountain2 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: over yonder
Posts: 19,048
Thanks: 10,089
Thanked 27,630 Times in 10,649 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicia View Post
Another fly by night company. I looked at the nutrition info. Hearty Stew 90 calories and 980 mg of sodium. Not what I would want to eat.

I looked at the Chicken Ala King..... 'Vegetarian Chicken Base' which translates to your buying a bunch of texturized vegetable protein and not real meat.


I think I'll pass.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jfountain2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2012, 04:47 PM
felicia's Avatar
felicia felicia is offline
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Another disgruntled ex mod
Posts: 5,709
Thanks: 11,044
Thanked 9,713 Times in 3,869 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfountain2 View Post
I looked at the Chicken Ala King..... 'Vegetarian Chicken Base' which translates to your buying a bunch of texturized vegetable protein and not real meat.


I think I'll pass.
Did you also note that there is a toll free phone number but no address. I wonder if it a Chinese Company ?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:53 PM
jfountain2's Avatar
jfountain2 jfountain2 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: over yonder
Posts: 19,048
Thanks: 10,089
Thanked 27,630 Times in 10,649 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicia View Post
Did you also note that there is a toll free phone number but no address. I wonder if it a Chinese Company ?
Their mailing address is a PO box in Salt Lake City UT....

Still wouldn't buy from them though.
Could be a Chinese company renting a PO Box in Salt Lake City so they look like a US company....

Doesn't matter, I ain't a vegetarian so I don't need to be buying up all their food.
The Following User Says Thank You to jfountain2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2012, 05:03 PM
felicia's Avatar
felicia felicia is offline
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Another disgruntled ex mod
Posts: 5,709
Thanks: 11,044
Thanked 9,713 Times in 3,869 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfountain2 View Post
Their mailing address is a PO box in Salt Lake City UT....

Still wouldn't buy from them though.
Could be a Chinese company renting a PO Box in Salt Lake City so they look like a US company....

Doesn't matter, I ain't a vegetarian so I don't need to be buying up all their food.
They are not getting my money either.
The Following User Says Thank You to felicia For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2012, 05:28 PM
BadgeBunny BadgeBunny is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Oklahoma
Posts: 5,112
Thanks: 10,218
Thanked 8,989 Times in 3,543 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfountain2 View Post
Their mailing address is a PO box in Salt Lake City UT....

Still wouldn't buy from them though.
Could be a Chinese company renting a PO Box in Salt Lake City so they look like a US company....

Doesn't matter, I ain't a vegetarian so I don't need to be buying up all their food.
I am a vegetarian and I'm not buying their stuff either.

I'll freely admit that I buy from the established companies (and pay the higher price) because I'd rather spend the extra money for the peace of mind. When things go sideways is NOT the time to find out your LTS food is not what you had in mind.

Also another reason why I have cans of LTS food in my cabinets and use them regularly with my regular canned goods. I'll always try something (like buy 1 can) before I buy a lot of it.

I LOVE EE's group buy specials. The hubby has finally gotten used to me ordering 6 or 12 of whatever. Kinda freaked him out at first ... took a little bit but we have a very well rounded stash now, for a bit less than buying the cans one at a time would have cost us.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BadgeBunny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2012, 05:19 PM
MikeK's Avatar
MikeK MikeK is offline
Walking methane refinery
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Age: 54
Posts: 60,975
Thanks: 126,279
Thanked 143,848 Times in 42,404 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1
Default

I agree with Felicia. They're another one of the fly by nighters that have sprung up in recent years. A look at their products pretty much says it all. A lot of commercial products repackaged. There's more to long term storage than just the packaging. Complete foods like that also have to be formulated right.

Some things don't store well regardless of packaging. Bear Creek Soups is an example. I've had them packed in #10 cans with O2 absorbers. They listed a 5 year shelf life, despite the excellant packaging, and sure enough, not long past 5 years they were horrid.

There's also nutrition to consider. Take a close look at the foods they are offering and ask yourself if you really want to eat that long term. Not much in the way of nutrition.

It's just a way to part people who don't know better, with their money.

My attitude is always stick with the companies that have been around long term. They have proven foods. Secondly, they have supported survivalism for many years, they deserve to make the money, not the fly by nighters that pop up just to take advantage of increased demand, without any regard for their customers. All those companies do is take money out of the pockets of the companies that actually deserve it.
__________________
Folks, when starting a thread, please take a moment and consider which forum that thread belongs in. Disaster Preparedness is for disaster preparedness discussions only. There are forums for gun posts, news, politics, general discussion, etc. Please try to start threads in the right forum. This makes the site better for all of us. Thanks.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2012, 07:24 PM
MikeK's Avatar
MikeK MikeK is offline
Walking methane refinery
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Age: 54
Posts: 60,975
Thanks: 126,279
Thanked 143,848 Times in 42,404 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1
Default

You discredited yourself even further with the nitrogen flushing.
__________________
Folks, when starting a thread, please take a moment and consider which forum that thread belongs in. Disaster Preparedness is for disaster preparedness discussions only. There are forums for gun posts, news, politics, general discussion, etc. Please try to start threads in the right forum. This makes the site better for all of us. Thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2012, 07:08 AM
felicia's Avatar
felicia felicia is offline
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Another disgruntled ex mod
Posts: 5,709
Thanks: 11,044
Thanked 9,713 Times in 3,869 Posts
Default

Dear Legacy Foods,

One more thing............

Just because your facility is inspected by the FDA & USDA means "Jack ****", remember the Peanut Factory a few years ago ? This Peanut Factory was also inspected by the FDA and USDA however people still died. Look at the egg factories and all of the people who died at these FDA & USDA inspected factories.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:36 PM
jfountain2's Avatar
jfountain2 jfountain2 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: over yonder
Posts: 19,048
Thanks: 10,089
Thanked 27,630 Times in 10,649 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Just a warning.... posting links to resellers who are not approved forum merchants is considered spamming.... I would recommend you not do it again.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
LegacyFoodStorage LegacyFoodStorage is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfountain2 View Post
Just a warning.... posting links to resellers who are not approved forum merchants is considered spamming.... I would recommend you not do it again.
Thanks for looking out for us, we are new to this forum and that was an honest mistake. As far as the link we posted, it was the easiest way to answer the question that someone had asked. Also, the very first post in this discussion had a link to the same site, so we were just following the lead of someone else in this thread. If posting those links are not allowed, you may want to remove the link that they posted too

Thanks for the great work that you guys do, we are happy to see the great discussions on emergency preparedness that are taking place here in these forums!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
grandma's Avatar
grandma grandma is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Posts: 5,465
Thanks: 11,454
Thanked 7,327 Times in 3,094 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyFoodStorage View Post
Thanks for looking out for us, we are new to this forum and that was an honest mistake. As far as the link we posted, it was the easiest way to answer the question that someone had asked. Also, the very first post in this discussion had a link to the same site, so we were just following the lead of someone else in this thread. If posting those links are not allowed, you may want to remove the link that they posted too

Thanks for the great work that you guys do, we are happy to see the great discussions on emergency preparedness that are taking place here in these forums!
I, for one, appreciate that you've taken the time to respond to concerns adressed by some members here, and to do so in an adult, professional manner.

I have not tried any of your products, nor do I have any plans to do so in the near future (do you even distribute in Canada, btw?) but would certainly have a look if this product was in my plans.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grandma For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
LegacyFoodStorage LegacyFoodStorage is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma View Post
I, for one, appreciate that you've taken the time to respond to concerns adressed by some members here, and to do so in an adult, professional manner.

I have not tried any of your products, nor do I have any plans to do so in the near future (do you even distribute in Canada, btw?) but would certainly have a look if this product was in my plans.
We are happy to talk about our product and concerns/misconceptions that may exist. Please keep the questions coming

We do have resellers that sell Legacy Food Storage into Canada, so the products are available to everyone in Canada.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Sailorsam's Avatar
Sailorsam Sailorsam is offline
Deplorable
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,885
Thanks: 7,961
Thanked 6,818 Times in 2,983 Posts
Default

so are they affiliated with Wise?

thx Legacy for standing up and responding, makes you guys sound more legit.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:42 PM
LegacyFoodStorage LegacyFoodStorage is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by works4dhs View Post
so are they affiliated with Wise?

thx Legacy for standing up and responding, makes you guys sound more legit.
Legacy Food Storage has no affiliation with Wise Foods. We do have many resellers that once carried Wise Foods but have subsequently switched over to our product lines. But other than that, there is no relationship between our two companies.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:57 PM
felicia's Avatar
felicia felicia is offline
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Another disgruntled ex mod
Posts: 5,709
Thanks: 11,044
Thanked 9,713 Times in 3,869 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyFoodStorage View Post
Legacy Food Storage has no affiliation with Wise Foods. We do have many resellers that once carried Wise Foods but have subsequently switched over to our product lines. But other than that, there is no relationship between our two companies.

I think people get that impression because your domain registration.
Registrant:
Wise Food Insurance, LLC
PO Box 2070
Salt Lake City, Utah 84110
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: BUYEMERGENCYFOODS.COM
Created on: 05-May-11
Expires on: 05-May-18
Last Updated on: 05-Mar-12
Administrative Contact:
Master, Web [email protected]
PO Box 2070
Salt Lake City, Utah 84110
United States
+1.8016561273 Fax -- +1.8016561274
The Following User Says Thank You to felicia For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2012, 02:58 PM
LegacyFoodStorage LegacyFoodStorage is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicia View Post
I think people get that impression because your domain registration.
Registrant:
Wise Food Insurance, LLC
PO Box 2070
Salt Lake City, Utah 84110
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: BUYEMERGENCYFOODS.COM
Created on: 05-May-11
Expires on: 05-May-18
Last Updated on: 05-Mar-12
Administrative Contact:
Master, Web [email protected]
PO Box 2070
Salt Lake City, Utah 84110
United States
+1.8016561273 Fax -- +1.8016561274
We are glad that you found this and pointed this out and now understand where the misunderstanding comes from. Legacy Food Storage and buyemergencyfoods.com are two separate entities. We, Legacy Food Storage, saw that there were comments being made about our brand/product in this discussion and wanted to weigh in and make sure we were appropriately represented. Buyemergencyfoods.com is one of our resellers/distributors. The very first post of this thread had a link to their website, which would make people confused. We hope this clears up the confusion as to who we are and who buyemergencyfoods.com is.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:18 PM
felicia's Avatar
felicia felicia is offline
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Another disgruntled ex mod
Posts: 5,709
Thanks: 11,044
Thanked 9,713 Times in 3,869 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyFoodStorage View Post
We are glad that you found this and pointed this out and now understand where the misunderstanding comes from. Legacy Food Storage and buyemergencyfoods.com are two separate entities. We, Legacy Food Storage, saw that there were comments being made about our brand/product in this discussion and wanted to weigh in and make sure we were appropriately represented. Buyemergencyfoods.com is one of our resellers/distributors. The very first post of this thread had a link to their website, which would make people confused. We hope this clears up the confusion as to who we are and who buyemergencyfoods.com is.
I am glad I could help.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Phinneus Phinneus is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Legacy Food Storage should work hard to distance themselves from Wise as my comment a few moments ago might help you consider that.[/COLOR][/B]Just got hoodwinked into purchasing what Wise Food Storage calls a 60 serving meat bucket. 'Calls' as they claim 1.4 oz dried is a two person serving. Also tried two of their products the last couple of days. Disgusting to say the least! 'Southwestern Chicken' as prepared by directions was worth one small taste and then the garbage. Would not even give it to the dog. 'Beef stroganoff' was as bad, and when prepared kind of looked like something my dog did. Watery, chunks of small bones, gristle, terrible taste. Tried it with some cooked rice and still could not eat it.
Called the very aggressive saleskid Tomas, and told him I wanted to return the 'bucket'. He was quick to point out that was not their 'policy', and that the meat was designed to be eaten with other freeze dried products to be 'edible'. Like mixing a gallon of wine with a gallon of sewage and expecting to have anything but sewage!!
So this is a company with a terrible product, misleading amounts claimed at best, aggresive sales, and a refusal to stand behind their product. I was sucked in by the 'free sample' ad on line, which required a phone number and calls daily from their saleskid. Claim to be 'Mormon' connected which I doubt. SO BEWARE. Stick with Mountain House which I have been using for decades. Even surplus MRE's are superior.
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net