Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My rollout and backround prepperdude Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 0 08-18-2014 01:07 PM
The Racial Dot Map KCFirepower General Discussion 30 08-24-2013 09:33 PM
Racial Profiling?????????????....................... pastorhudgens General Discussion 32 06-26-2010 09:22 AM
cop runs obama backround check dionysus686 Controversial News and Alternative Politics 24 08-10-2009 01:03 AM
Racial Pandering in the NFL chibbers General Discussion 20 09-19-2008 10:37 AM

View Poll Results: whats your racial backround?
white (european decent) 2,335 86.32%
black 51 1.89%
asian 50 1.85%
american indian 112 4.14%
middle easterner 19 0.70%
pacific islander 18 0.67%
not sure 48 1.77%
rather not say 72 2.66%
Voters: 2705. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 AM

Advertise Here

English. I can only go back to 1600 with documentary evidence, but I was the first in my male line NOT to be born within a days walk of the same small town in England since 1690.

The genetic tests my mother had done indicate that her background was partly Mediterranean (probably from the Legions), a bit of Viking, some Celt, lots of Saxon, as we might expect.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sorry-no-clues For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 08:15 AM
gagged

Thanked 8,290 Times in 2,390 Posts

Human

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 09:12 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,900 Times in 887 Posts

Race: Caucasian
Ethnicity: Eastern Slavic (Byelorussian both parents)
Citizenship: United States (by birth)
The Following User Says Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:

Old 03-23-2017, 08:28 PM
His Name is Tyler Danann

Location: Variable. Prison Island, European Sektor plus elsewhere...
Thanked 13,974 Times in 3,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5222rm View Post
FYI - there is no good test for Native American DNA. I used 23 & me testing and it only showed my German & W. African ancestry. Since I know what place on the reservation my Grandfather was born in Sarnia and have solid documented evidence of Anishinaabek on both sides of my family I was confused. Later was educated that a viable test for Native American DNA and Australian Aboriginal DNA does not exist. Now, I haven't obtained and answer as to why, I'm just told that it is simple not avail.
Amerindian does show up! However it's something that you need a decent company to do the test for.

I wouldn't place too much faith in 23 and Me. I know I mentioned it previously but have heard a few horror stories about them totally fcking up tests, then having to get a second test done elsewhere that actually nailed it.

I would recommend Ancestry.com. It's Mormon operated. The Mormons are pretty switched on about geneology and less PC about geographical migrations as the 23 and Me company.
The Following User Says Thank You to Watch Ryder For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2017, 08:44 PM
Crazy

Thanked 7,427 Times in 2,544 Posts

46% accumulative scandinavian, 14% native american, the rest is all under 5% easter europe, pacific islander( cant explain this one), few others
Old 03-23-2017, 09:13 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,326 Times in 617 Posts

I'll go with what Einstein wrote down for the Nazi census in Austria ~ Mosaic
The Following User Says Thank You to Gem1950 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2017, 08:49 PM
Moving west

I'm an American and claim no ethnic definer. My family can not trace back even two generations on my fathers side due to lies and deceit. On my mothers side I can go back nine hundred years, so what does that make me?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2017, 09:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,388 Times in 1,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty View Post
I'm an American and claim no ethnic definer. My family can not trace back even two generations on my fathers side due to lies and deceit. On my mothers side I can go back nine hundred years, so what does that make me?
That makes you a guy I will stand next to if thinks ever go wrong. You had me at American...
The Following User Says Thank You to Revmgt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 09:49 PM
Third World'er Lunatic

Thanked 29,868 Times in 9,989 Posts

I finally did one of those tests, after that last lil "incident" up north of here that cost me a bunch in time/materials and effort. 55%native 10% Irish and the rest in Iberian Celt. Explains my love of a blade with a drop point and a big belly.
Pics are of a design i pulled out of my head to have made, and a design used by my distant ancestors.........Ironic.

all that is of no nevermind. I am a American, first and formost. Ive paid my dues in blood and pain, and would gladly stand up and do so again.

I will not join, or entertain the idea of joining, and group that requires me to "prove my bloodline" Take me as I am, Or give me a wide berth........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paul Moore Green Goblin 009 2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	210409   Click image for larger version

Name:	greek-hoplite-and-medieval-weapons-7-638.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	210417  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goblin X For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin X View Post
I finally did one of those tests, after that last lil "incident" up north of here that cost me a bunch in time/materials and effort. 55%native 10% Irish and the rest in Iberian Celt. Explains my love of a blade with a drop point and a big belly.
Pics are of a design i pulled out of my head to have made, and a design used by my distant ancestors.........Ironic.

all that is of no nevermind. I am a American, first and formost. Ive paid my dues in blood and pain, and would gladly stand up and do so again.

I will not join, or entertain the idea of joining, and group that requires me to "prove my bloodline" Take me as I am, Or give me a wide berth........
I remember that post about the group. How did it go? I'm hoping you were able to recoup some of your stuff and get a clean break
Old 05-29-2017, 09:30 AM
Third World'er Lunatic

clean break. I did move my shop, couple of reasons for that, recouped about half.
be a long time, if ever before i do that again.
so far zero contact.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goblin X For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 10:14 AM
Survivor

Glad it worked out and you minimized the losses 👍
Old 05-29-2017, 10:40 AM
Third World'er Lunatic

so far anyway. still not real enthused about how the whole situation went down. a few more were booted after i left. turned into a family affair. guess that was the original plan, after setup.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,013 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty View Post
My family can not trace back even two generations on my fathers side due to lies and deceit. On my mothers side I can go back nine hundred years, so what does that make me?
Someone who foolishly believes any pedigree is accurate.

Probably a lot of other people out there whose ancestry doesn't trace back accurately more than 2 generations and almost all where it's off the rails by 10. I had a good doctor friend who was a pediatric geneticist. Her biggest problem was how to break it to "Dad" that his DNA wasn't at issue where future siblings of their current child with a genetic problem were concerned. And that's just one generation.

On paper, my ancestry is Scot (from the far northern islands, so figure Viking as well, declared or undeclared), Saxon (so figure marauding Danes), Norman (so figure marauding Roman legions from anywhere the heck and beyond), assorted north German (ditto), and Amsterdam Dutch (so figure marauding Spaniards partly descended from marauding Moors). In the genes? Who the hell knows, and what does it matter, other than the only answer to the poll for anyone should be "not sure." For starters, I figure I've got ancestors through all 4 grandparents that go back over 350 years in this country, half of them on Southern plantations. It there isn't some native American and African in there by now, they must all have been uncommon well behaved--and since most of the original arrivals were black sheep or renegades running from TPTB when they got here, that seems highly unlikely. Once you get back to Europe, they were an even bigger bunch of blackguards, thieves, pirates, schemers, liars, cheats, and rascals (otherwise known as the aristocracy), so ditto.

ETA: My paternal grandfather was apparently upset to discover one branch of the family tree may have included a horse thief when he got into genealogy and even more upset to find one had definitely been imprisoned in the Tower of London because he left the graffiti behind to prove it--heck, Grandpa, you've got people on there who stole whole countries, starting with this one and going back to at least William the Bastard, so the only thing you've got to be embarrassed about is that one of them may have been only a fourth-rate thief and another one was apparently a political dufus who didn't change sides fast enough to keep collecting the graft. But hey, not everyone can be a success in life. Besides, if they'd all always called it right, we'd still be in Europe.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:19 AM
gagged

Thanked 8,290 Times in 2,390 Posts

I am Texan. My ancestors were various ethnicity, German, Irish, Scotts, English. I don't know a thing about those places not seen through the lens of Texas.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2017, 09:29 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,626 Times in 588 Posts

I've been to the town in Italy that my great grandfather came from and also the area in Ireland my other one came from.

Not many Raffaelli's out there. But there's millions of Delaney's.

It's fun dabbling in the whole ancestry thing. But like Goblin X said, I'm an American first!