Survivalist Forum banner
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Optimist 
#1 ·
would like to talk to someone who makes their own, and compare notes..

#2 ·
Been making my own for a year now . Started using it about 4 years ago after I got pnuemonia . That bout costed me almost $800 (don't have insurance . can you say irony ) . I was tired of using antibiotics for everything ( sinus infections , broncitus , etc.) . I always took it orally . Then put it into a nasal sprayer . I noticed it knocked down the infections before they got started but would still have a problem with the mucous in the lungs/bronchi areas . I'm in EMS and we use whats called MAD device (mucosal atomizing device ) attached to a syringe (no needle) . It's made to shoot meds in the nasal cavity (Versed , Narcan , etc. depending on the need). I will draw up 2cc of silver and inhale deeply while spraying it into my mouth . Our go to with breathing problems is to nebulize Albuterol (or even Epinephrine in extreeme cases) and I'm thinking of its application with that . You can build a generator with about 30 to 35 bucks including silver from radio shack and any local lapidary supply. I built mine with plastic box with a screw on cover , 3 9vt batteries and connectors , a small toggle switch , LED light , and 2 Speaker wire connector terminals . Make sure the silver is .999 pure . Works great. Was told this SHOULD produce 15 to 25 ppm . You can always buy a ppm meter on line . Hope this helps .

#3 ·
I recently started making my own. My design uses pulsed and current limited DC. Basically I use a 555 chip to generate the DC pulse and a LM334Z to limit the current. It produces nice looking and effective CS. Per unit cost is just a couple of bucks plus the 999 silver wire and of course distilled water.

#4 ·
If you'll run a search, there have been some pretty hot discussions of colloidal silver on this Board in times past. For my money, it is a personal thing, but we have among us the Crusaders on both sides of the issue who are very ego-involved. Just thought I'd let you guys know about it before the flames start....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.