Survivalist Forum banner

Improvised weapons that won't be confiscated by the police

62K views 217 replies 154 participants last post by  codger 
#1 ·
The key to survival will be having weapons that the local LE officer won't consider a weapon (hence they won't confiscate it). These items should be easily obtained anywhere. He is one example.

Can you guess what it is? If you said a bicycle crank cog, you were right. You can carry this in your vehicle or on your person. If you are questioned by the LE you can always say I just picked this up today for my son's bike or your own personal bike.

Feel free to add your own ideas of improvised weapons that won't be considered weapons by local LE officers.

See less See more
#13 ·
There are few weapons more deadly than a simple knife. Don't over think it. If you've never been in a true combat situation or have seen what kind of damage a pocket knife can do, you'd be amazed. In most situations, you can cover about 20ft of ground and land 4-5 lethal blows with a knife before a person could draw a firearm and shoot it. I'll take my chances with a small pocket knife over a bicycle gear :confused:

But if you're looking for unconventional weapons, I'd say the screwdriver/tools are your best bet. Or keep a baseball bag in your back seat with a set of cleats, glove, and bat (of course just for the bat). Or some pepper spray. But,If you plan on traveling at all, local ordinances and laws change literally with every town you are driving through. In many places, any sharp object that could be construed as a weapon and concealed in your door or glove box could land you in jail for a concealed weapon.

#14 ·
A p38. The can opener not the gun. Attached to a lanyard it could be used as a human claw. For example, place the sharp point on the side of your attackers neck with your finger behind it and push him backwards. The shape of the blade will force it to dig deep in to the carotid artery.The weight of the body falling will apply the force as long as you pull on the lanyard (in theory). Also, works well for opening cans.

#18 ·
The only improvised weapons that work are those that either

A) extend your reach

B) can provide a fatal blow to a vital area

C) can penetrate flesh DEEPLY into vital organs

the rest are just futile attempts. frankly the gear cog idea is silly, you Xena princess warriors ;)

#20 ·
I recently acquired a pocket flashlight of 90 lumens. That is my favorite self defense tool right now. It has found a place in my EDC. While it does not have the stopping power of my pistol, it does have the ability to be with me at all times. When I feel, uhm uncomfortable, I can pull it out and no one is going to call the cops.

I can blind you and I can make you bleed. I can make it so that you stop doing what you are doing...to a point.

#35 ·
x 2. I have a spare in every car, right between the door and the driver's seat. It's an easy grab as your exiting the vehicle. No cop ever questions it and if they did, I can say I carry a spare because kids keep stealing the one on the car.

2 ways to use it too - holding the base or swinging the base. I've left a hole in sheetrock swinging the base before.

Mark

#23 ·
I recently bought one of the Great for taking the dog on it's walk or just going anywhere. It's a walking stick however it's a great weapon. You have to practice with it like any other weapon. Get the feel and the balance. Learn how to twirl it to a certain point. That large knob on the end will inflict some awesome damage on any bad guy.
Bought mine on Ebay, saved about $10.00.

http://coldsteel.com/Product/91PBS/IRISH_BLACKTHORN_WALKING_STICK.aspx

#26 ·
A simple rollerball made of steel ..little sharpened on the tip is easy to carry and any blow to temple, sternum and other sensible points will do heavy damage.
Better ones are made of one piece and slightly bigger in diameter (like good torches)
Its like a screwdriver, but easier to carry and to handle..and you're still able to use your fists.

#33 ·
Without a doubt all day....

A claw hammer - if your speaking of not grabbing attention to the "cops" and wanting most effective weapon against 1-2 "attackers" tops

Tube Sock & Sturdy Master Lock - Some quick hurt. 3 -5 people

If your getting attacked by more than that, you better hope they are all blind or have no arms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.