Survivalist Forum banner

Wheat Berries

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  randkl 
#1 ·
Can I keep wheat berries in their original packaging for a week in humidity of 40-90% then put it in a bucket for storage? I can't get to a town but was given 25# of wheat berries and the humidity is disgusting here. I have a dehumidifier running of course. Or am I pretty screwed with it?

#4 ·
Update: right after I posted my response to the packaging reply, I did the smart thing (I feel stupid) and called Wheat Montana. The lady that answered the phone was a sweetheart and gave me a lot of info. As long as it is in its original packaging, never opened, it will be fine in this horrid humidity but to transfer it if I don't plan on using it soon. The week I asked her about was fine and the dry ice method of sealing is just as good as oxygen absorbers. If I open the container I'll need to, of course, add more dry ice or drop in absorbers. I so recommend dealing with these folks after the awesome convo I just had. :) Thank you, S&A for the thought provoker. (Seriously there are days when I need a jump start)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.