Survivalist Forum banner

Hawaii is a 3rd world country

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Dwind 
#1 ·
My first thread here. I just need to vent a bit. I live in Hawaii, but don't feel that I live in America.

--While the Brady bill was in effect, the State of Hawaii passed its own statute limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds for all firearms. I'm in law enforcement, so this doesn't effect me, but I will be retiring soon and am looking at hiding many magazines.

--The federal law which states that retired law enforcement may carry their pistols is ignored here! We just had a retired DEA agent from the mainland arrested for carrying a pistol. (The case was thrown out, but nothing has changed)

--State law for firearms ownership is 21, not 18, as is the case elsewhere.

--ALL firearms must be registered with the police!

--There is a concealed carry permit section in the law, but it is virtually impossible to get the permit. If you are an ordinary citizen, you will not get the permit. Period.

--There is a strong antigun sentiment in the population here and the general consensus is: "Why do you need a gun?" I have watched police officers jump down someone's throat, because the individual had an M-4 in their residence, legally, and the police case was not even about a firearm or shooting. The officer kept asking the individual why he owned it and what was wrong with him! (I tactfully pulled this ignorant officer outside and corrected him).

We can't get black powder shipped to the islands, because it is an explosive, so we use Pyrodex, etc. No Flintlocks for me then.

The state is looking at banning the .50 BMG round and all weapon systems that use it, so we can be just like enlightened Cali.

Several years ago, I had an FFL and ran my business as "gunsmithing only", which means I would not buy and sell firearms. An ATF agent came to my house (he was a local boy from Hawaii) and threatened to take my license away if I didn't get the Bound Books for firearms transactions.

There is more, but I'm getting irate, so I'll stop for now. Thanks for letting me rant.

Ken

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Ken,
Sounds like a combination of New York, Maryland, and California laws rolled into one. I remember visiting there when i was younger and hearing that alot of people just leave their guns locked at the ranges because of the travel restictions.

#5 ·
I knew the firearms laws were fairly strict, but not to the extent you described.
Is it because of federal laws, when the islands were a territory(?)?
All remaining possessions, etc (V IS, PR, Samoia)have a virtual ban on private firearms, I believe.

#6 ·
were and ARE. Hawaii is a state like any other. Hawaii has a lot more to fear from old sunken ordinance at the bottom of Pearl Harbor than it does from legal firearm owners.

#8 ·
If Hawaii was a third world country you'd be able to have as many AK's and RPG's as you wanted. You could lead an army made up of child soldiers and capture all the tourists. You'd make a fortune in ransoms!
You would have to be called, "His Chief Highness Brigadier Imua" and your unit would be called, "The Free Peoples Rebel Republic Army of the Democratic Solidarity State of Hawaii".

YB.:p

#10 ·
Now that's what I'm talking about!
I do like their shooting stances!
:D
I don't know if you heard about what happened in Sierra Leone.
About 6/7 years ago some British soldiers were captured by a rebel group called "The West Side Boys". Nasty bunch, chopping hands off people, cutting pregnant women open, that type of thing. After a lot of diplomacy a squadron of SAS soldiers and a company of Paratroopers went in and freed the captives. Fantastic story. Real "Who Dares Wins" stuff. They slaughtered the lot of them.
:cool:

YB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.