Survivalist Forum banner

Dried beans

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Bobo 
#1 ·
My wife and I are having a heck of a time finding dried beans (kidney, black, pinto, etc.) Walton has bags at $50 for 50 lbs, but surely there has to be cheaper prices than that? Costco / Sams in our area (St. Louis) hasn't had any dried beans in months.

Store / site suggestions?

Thanks.

#2 ·
search around for a local meixcan food mart. they always have a good variety of beans, and at an excellent price.

#3 ·
Have you tried Save-A-Lot? I've been stocking up there, the bags are a pound and I think less than a dollar each but, unfortunately, I don’t have the receipt in front of me. I just picked some but I don't have the receipt in front of me. Lentils cost me $.49 for a bag, which I think was a pound.

#4 ·
Thanks guys,

We have the $1 pound bags at Save A Lot and Aldis but I was kind of hoping to do better than a $1 a pound when buying 50 lbs at a time? At that rate, we might as well buy 50 1pound bags and save on shipping...??

There must be a better alternative.

#5 ·
My local grocery store and wal mart have dried beans. Not easy to find at either location unless you are looking for them. Both also have a section of Mexican foods including dried beans but the dried beans there are more expensive than the stuff with English language labels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.