Survivalist Forum banner

How to make homemade Powerbars.

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Porcupine 
#1 · (Edited)

You will need some instant coffee mix, cashews or other nuts, chocolate, other ingredients of your choice, Flower (optional)

Mix everything together add water make it a thick paste if you added to much water put some flower in it. Bake in the oven 350'f for about 15-20 minutes depending on how big the bars are.

#7 ·
Could you make bar shapes out of aluminum foil and spray them with
the cooking spray to get a bar shape? Maybe you might have to cook
them a little longer for the added thickness, just a thought. GREAT IDEA,
I WILL TRY YOUR POWER BARS.:)
Thanks, You could but in the video I didnt use aluminum. Im not a good cook but I think you could cook them longer to get rid of the runny parts. If you did it would probley drip all over the oven and the pan.

#9 ·
Yes, it is a .pdf-File.
You need the adobe acrobat reader - download here for free: http://www.adobe.com/

Anyway, i will try to translate (if there are any mistakes, plz tell me- a good way to improve my english):

200 gramm dried apricots
2 bananas
60 gramm sunflower seeds
40 gramm lin seeds
100 gramm dried plums
200 gramm oatflakes

mince all ingredients in a blender

then you take 6 eggs. You separate the eggs and take only the egg-white; beat it until it is stiff.
Then add the stiff egg-white to the other ingredients, add some dashes of maple siryp and mix it.

Bring into bar form, put on baking paper into an oven and bake for 10 minutes at 160 degree celsius.

That recipe is from the german issue of "Men´s Health", Home of the sixpack muscle ;)
Thus all is measured in european units.

I had to look up many words, should do more cooking with english recipes to improve my english!

#17 ·
How to make homemade Powerbars

Armyranger10, Great recipe there! I like adding chocolate chips or carob beans to my GORP, so that's another possibility for powerbars too.

The Great Escape by Paul Brickhill had a recipe for a tasty-sounding, highly-fortified survival fudge bar that the POWs made up from rations in their Red Cross humanitarian care packages. It was meant for them to live on after they dug their tunnel and made their escape from Stalag Luft III.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.