Survivalist Forum banner

New urban GHB

6K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Aven 
#1 ·
I switched up my GHB from my EOD bag to my SATCOM bag. Its slightly larger, and with the integrated shoulder strap, it is WAY easier to carry.

The only item(s) added are my rain pants and the GPS and radio are in their own pouches that will be moved external when the bag is in use.

Fleece Hat
Neoprene gloves
Katadyn water bottle (w/ water additives)
Med kit
Chem hand warmers (2)
LED headlamp
Emergency bivvy
Door locker
TP ;-)
Door screamers (2)
Binoculars
Gen 3 NVG
50ft cord (2)
Fire starter
Rain pants
HAM/CB radio
Garmin 530 GPS/radio

This bag augments my EDC laptop bag

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I like that bag. It looks about right for my car's winter kit (a special forces shovel, sven saw, wool blanket, and a tarp). Right now I'm using an el cheapo bag. Will a Cold Steel special forces shovel fit inside? Shovel measures 19-11/16 with sheath, so not sure if that bag (20 inches long) will fit.

This is not my GHB, that's a large fanny pack, So a shoulder slung winter bag is in order.

#10 ·
Socks are in my travel kit. So no need. Also - this isn't bottled water, its a water bottle with integrated water filter. Water isn't something I carry, as its easily sourced on the fly.

Water and food are things I don't pack and I pick up on the fly and are usually in my EDC laptop bag, so my GHB just augments my EDC for items that make a difference in urban movement. (Am in NYC right now and did an exfil test last night off of Manhattan - it went well)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.