Updated "The Soldier's Son"--A Post-Apocalyptic Story of Survival, and Revenge - Page 111 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survival Acronyms Updated JayOlliver Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 7 12-27-2012 10:59 PM
UPDATED: GreyWorld - The SHTF Fiction Story by JaySlay Lucas_SurvivalCach Urban Survival 24 10-21-2012 07:32 PM
Suggest some good post apocalyptic survival fiction Tarik Books, Movies & Stories 36 10-10-2012 12:19 PM
Survival Laundry Equipment Updated & Revised 411man Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 01-10-2011 10:22 PM
Second amendment not revenge, but survival. cowboy56 General Discussion 4 05-27-2010 10:22 PM
A cool story about a Soldier superdeluxe General Discussion 0 11-11-2009 04:06 PM
Pop star dies, tears everywhere, soldier returned, one line story! DareToThink General Discussion 10 10-17-2009 11:12 AM
anyone purchase the new updated sas survival handbook??? coldworld Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 4 03-25-2009 04:56 PM

Old 05-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,335 Times in 489 Posts

Advertise Here

Well hell, thought we had an update. Back to the knifemaking and pot smokin!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboypapa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2017, 05:46 AM

Tell you what, your writing is among the best and I have been reading for a very long time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dallanta For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2017, 02:44 PM
Prepared

Thanked 9,017 Times in 349 Posts
Default Ah Holy Jehosephet--

--No morbid posting!!! In a different time zone. Missing time here is a chisel
mark on a pyramid. Back ASAP for comments/updates/publication! Maybe this weekend/early next week. The cover is done. The book is done. Scaling posting/forums/Amazon not a trivial matter and requires at least one uninterrupted week, which I do not have. Yet. More soon.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Mourn, but survive

Thanked 2,539 Times in 586 Posts

He speaks! From the Mountain Top comes a MESSAGE OF HOPE! "The end is near!" [Or maybe the message is, "resist we much"--I get SO confused these days!]

DC: A bit of verse copied from a sign on the window of the Santa Barbara civil division clerk's office:

We, the unwilling,
Led by the unqualified,
Have accomplished the unbelievable for so long with so little
We now attempt the impossible with nothing!

DC, when you publish, we'll buy.

BUT, I RETURN TO MY NEEDLING: How many of us have spent a few minutes drafting and revising JUST A FEW LOUSY, PITHY, SUPPORTIVE SENTENCES to put into a rave review? [No show of hands....we'll see soon enough.] If DC does not get FIFTY, that's Five-Oh, that's 5-0 reviews with five stars (*****) the first week, we have let him down.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mourning America For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Hakham Bashi

Thanked 10,088 Times in 2,258 Posts
Question Bring me a brain Eyegor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCBourone View Post
--No morbid posting!!! In a different time zone. Missing time here is a chisel
mark on a pyramid. Back ASAP for comments/updates/publication! Maybe this weekend/early next week. The cover is done. The book is done. Scaling posting/forums/Amazon not a trivial matter and requires at least one uninterrupted week, which I do not have. Yet. More soon.

-tort-
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,134 Posts

^^^^ Like A Lot^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to htfiremedic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Homesteader

Thanked 4,091 Times in 1,915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourning America View Post
He speaks! From the Mountain Top comes a MESSAGE OF HOPE! "The end is near!" [Or maybe the message is, "resist we much"--I get SO confused these days!]

DC: A bit of verse copied from a sign on the window of the Santa Barbara civil division clerk's office:

We, the unwilling,
Led by the unqualified,
Have accomplished the unbelievable for so long with so little
We now attempt the impossible with nothing!

DC, when you publish, we'll buy.

BUT, I RETURN TO MY NEEDLING: How many of us have spent a few minutes drafting and revising JUST A FEW LOUSY, PITHY, SUPPORTIVE SENTENCES to put into a rave review? [No show of hands....we'll see soon enough.] If DC does not get FIFTY, that's Five-Oh, that's 5-0 reviews with five stars (*****) the first week, we have let him down.

Shucks, I'm just waiting for that mythical first week.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mtnairkin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM

Default Convalidandum

As the time has passed, akin to shadows in the dark, an evolution of tale has progressed.

Anticipation.

Waiting.

Updates passed over in search of the light beyond horizon.

Quietly seeking the opportunity to devour the muses creation in entirety.

Much clamor has arisen due to ardor of this woeful, yet decisive parable for the hidden life of many.

Keep vision, DC, do not give them a chance to pillage this creation as anything less than it's rightful shine.

Yes. I have lurked.
Yes. I have strayed, albeit temporarily, but only for a less tasteful fruit that the hunger may be sated (even if woefully so) while the machinations attempt to fit this in it's own box.

Salutatio, my friend. The fires burn through the tempest.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bringerofgame For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Hakham Bashi

Question ...and then... nothing

chirp...chirp...chirp

-tort-
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 06:47 PM
Hakham Bashi

...apparently

FWIW I have archived from the beginning through this past Easter time with all comments.

-tort-
The Following User Says Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 03:51 AM
Prepared

GENERAL NOTE:--some stuff going on. Hang on. Update sequence
absent some formatting/spolers/other. Might be interesting to imagine
who is speaking here. This is about one tenth of this sequence. Having some formatting issues, specific to titling/page design. This story does not
fit any templates, in a number of ways. It has Books, Chapter Titles, Chapter Headnings within titles, and 'relevant quote' inserts. None of this fits kindle "pages" so far. Continuing: who and who alone would this be?:

"Trading With The Devil"

“Who am I speaking to?”
“You are speaking to the person who arranged for the delivery into your hands of a digital device detailing the activities of one Sylvia C. Meyer, including multiple crimes of accessory to murder, and crimes against the state so numerous as to defy common reason, the sum of those crimes constituting treason at the highest level, and you are directly implicated in these crimes, including specific signal traffic, and you could reasonably be perceived as not only a co-actor, but a principal actor in those crimes, and you have reviewed this body of evidence, and called exactly as instructed.”
“I understand. May I ask how you acquired this information?”
“I speak for a contracting element in the information and technology domains.”
“I understand. Well said.”
“Appreciated.”
“Let me try this, then: ‘If someone ever testified, they would be lying.’”
“Of course she would. I inform you of these facts only to warn you, should the appearance of these crimes manifest at some point in the future, in a way you might find disadvantageous or embarrassing.”
“Understood. Perhaps you have some recommendations?”
“I do. Am I correct to say that you speak of measures you might take to minimize any possible damage to your reputation and the reputation of those interests you represent? And the reputation of the government of the United States? Measures you might take, in spite of your certain innocence in these matters?”
“Yes. I am always interested in informed speculation. Continue.”
“Excellent. Sylvia’s efforts, and the efforts of her supporters within the Justice Department and beyond, were apparently devoted to importing professional criminal elements from Mexico and elsewhere, establishing and providing them cover and training in the State of Texas, and using the totality of their crimes to justify the federalization of Texas law enforcement, and the diminishment of the State of Texas in its own affairs. I trust that fits your understanding of the available evidence as presented to you so far?”
“It does. Very unfortunate and highly illegal. I hope the guilty are found and prosecuted. And do you by any chance know what has happened to those criminal elements who may have been imported into our country?”
“It seems those criminal elements have disappeared.”
“Disappeared, you say.”
“Yes. Vanished.”
“I see. All of them?”
“That appears to be the case.”
“Every single one?”
“Yes. I imagine the last of them are disappearing at this very moment.”
“And how many criminal elements might that be?”
“One hundred and two men. No women.”
“And how might you have acquired this information?”
“As I said. It’s only a rumor.”
“A rumor.”
“Yes.”
“A rumor. Of one hundred and two men. No women.”
“Yes, exactly so.”
“That is very solid rumor.”
“Exactly. I think we understand each other. I continue then, as a matter of mutual speculation only, on the issue of maintaining your good reputation and that of all those interests and individuals you might represent, in the circumstance that you, and they, might be unjustly accused. In our present difficulties it seems quite clear that the State of Texas can do an admirable job of managing its own affairs. It is generally understood in point of fact that Texas could very well be its own country. Infrastructure, manufacturing, energy, ports, even dare I say, joie de vivre, spirit, if you will. And therefore minimal Federal influence of any kind is needed or desired by Texas and Texans, unless requested. Specifically. Requested. Perhaps in the future someone might represent this point of view among your friends and allies in government. Allow Texas to manage its own affairs in these difficult times. Consider it a kind of experiment. Let’s call it practice. I recommend that someone advocate and adopt this point of view. Vigorously.”
“Perhaps someone doesn’t have that kind of power.”
“I believe they do. In fact, I am certain they do.”
“Just an example, you understand: I don’t have that kind of power.”
“I believe you do. I have influence. You have power. Perhaps my speculation on the matter of Sylvia C. Meyer might assist you in your deliberations. I imagine it would be extremely embarrassing to you and your interests if she were to appear in public, and testify on these matters, even though of course she would be lying. I imagine she might want to load any number of publicly searchable videos, speak to newspapers, give interviews. Imagine the very real possibility that she has already done a very elaborate interview, a kind of confession in the minutest detail, which you and those you represent would find severely embarrassing, this confession replete with a recitation of her participation in a staggering list of crimes. And as a sworn officer of the law you would be officially obligated to see that she is arrested for all those apparent crimes, and these matters settled in a court of law, in full public view. Would that be correct?”
“It would. You don’t by any chance know of Sylvia’s whereabouts at this time?”
“She also seems to have disappeared.”
“And might I ask again, how you acquired this information?”
“It’s just a rumor.”
“I see.”
“But a solid rumor.”
“I see. And how solid would that be?”
“Extremely solid. Fossilized.”
“Fossilized, you say.”
“Granitic.”
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DCBourone For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,421 Posts

I seem to remember a certain phone call that Sylvia had just after her previous boss was "retired".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DWwolf For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,245 Times in 309 Posts

Thanks DC for the update. It always takes time to do it right the first time. We are all here waiting for you!
Oath Keeper

[
Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM
Prepared

Default dWolf/W3kmp

--Much thanks, will be posting more/back/present, sorry delay, also formatting issues, fitting formatting/text, now at 163,000 words will end up over 165,000,
had big list relevant quotes as chapter headings, added now--

--tort and all, any favorite quotes relevant particular chapters you would like to see, post here as prompts, they may already be included, or could be added, think Cicero on traitors--

--DWolf, Sylvia and boss/boss, exactly, good call. This is a very very long conversation--this is first...fifth? Eighth?

Ok more later back soon. A version has been done for quite some time. Problem is time, geography, formatting. Not a full time writer yet. Not even close.

More soon and going back on comments/cathing up, I saw a tort health deal, tortminder don't do that. Sop it right now. Eat your vegetables.

DCB

And no more dooming everybody (Tort!!!!!!) This is five years and 165,000 words and the next ten years of my life minimum!!!!! A pox on doom yee (Yea? Yay???) of little faith!!!! (And...um...thankyou.)

Last edited by DCBourone; Yesterday at 04:59 PM.. Reason: content
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DCBourone For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
Mitakuye Oyasin!

Thanked 1,616 Times in 429 Posts

DC. Every time you make an appearance, you make this old heart smile. Strange as it seems.. I actually get all this odd, "non-talk" commenting you do. My left brain-ness finally connected to my right brain-ness. (I wonder if that makes sense)?

Keep on Keeping on. I am keeping an eye on the tribe.

2medicine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2medicine woman For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 05:46 PM
Prepared

Default 2Med--

GENERAL NOTE: off 2Med post/et al.--

--Not trying to be obscure -- trying very hard to manage "asserting/becoming/
vesting in~within/"a personality"--there are true friends here. If you pay attention to how Gehr Waffen "works" you will see some method here. There are lines in Injured that specifically address long term "intent"--and it is critical to this method that this evolution occur as much as possible through values, and not through charm. I can be very charming. Charm is one of the tools that is routinely used, with studied precision, to dilute values. Many of you will meet me some day. This will make at lot more sense at that time.

--2Med, I adore you. Very charming, yes? Let's be careful with that. It is true, that I adore you. And it is true, that I/we/you/all, in this domain, must be very careful.

More later.

DCB
The Following User Says Thank You to DCBourone For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM
Hakham Bashi

Some random quotes that I haven't used before, and are apropos of absolutely nothing:

“He felt at once betrayed and betrayer, deceived and deceiver. He was a criminal forced into crime, an unwilling whore.”
― Peter Benchley, Jaws

“For some offenses, there is only retribution."
― Dennis R. Miller

“Ich liebe den Verrat, aber ich hasse den Verräter.”
Translation: "I love the betrayal, but I hate the traitor."
― Gaius Julius Caesar

re: health issues- came close to not seeing the end of this saga. Recovering, albeit slowly, ( the machine doesn't rebound from a near-death experience as quickly at 71 as it might at 35... but I'm a stubborn old curmudgeon). Not quite a sharp as before, but still sitting up and taking nourishment.
-tort-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM
Mitakuye Oyasin!

Thanked 1,616 Times in 429 Posts

Hmmmm. This post is saying something about charm. I am many things DC, but never described as charming. You make my heart smile is what I say for happy or joy or a rightness in my being. Little kitties make my heart smile too.

I am indigenous, northern, divorced, and rather aloof. Charm is not something I use for anything. I certainly hope you or anyone else thinks I am flirtatious, using "womanly wiles" to get a man or hook up or whatever the hip word is.

If I am misreading this, please forgive me.

2medicine
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 2medicine woman For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,394 Posts

I'm turning 66 soon. Do you think think I'll ever get to see the book in its completed form? I'd pay to read a complete rough draft at this point. I'll even send it back with corrections. (spelling and unintended grammar errors)
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM
MAGA

Thanked 7,622 Times in 1,949 Posts

I once thought Texas was as you described DC. Now I fear it is well on the way to Cali2.0.

I don't know what is worse the story or the comments.

Representative assaulted for calling ICE. You can guess what party the attack came from.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f77335578e9f
The Following User Says Thank You to harbinger1972 For This Useful Post: