Survivalist Forum banner

Fantastic info on storing fresh eggs

Tags
eggs
3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Horsecreeker 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Interesting article as I've been existing on eggs my chickens lay for at least 15 yrs.The one thing they don't tell you is to make sure the eggs are sitting with the small end down,if you ever want to check an egg for how-good-it-is simply take and place it in enough water to completely cover it.As eggs go bad they will form a gas that will make them rise when put in water.However what they say about unwashed fertile eggs is true as we don't eat eggs everyday and there have been times of accumulation so I've had eggs 4 months old still good,when I use them I like to use the oldest ones first,but that hasn't always happened when my dh brings them in to me while I'm cooking or baking.By the way Mother Earth News has some awesome sweepstakes going on right now,truly worth checking out [mobile chicken coops,portable greenhouses,gasoline engine,chipper/shredder and much more]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.