Survivalist Forum banner

kelty trekker 3950

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sluggyslugworth 
#1 ·
do any of you have experiance with the kelty trekker 3950, i am looking at it to use as a BOB, also any suggestion for under 200 dollars?

#2 ·
I have had good luck with Kelty products for a number of years. (Outdoorsman turned prepper) The frame and suspension on all my Kelty packs have been bulletproof. As sated elsewhere,the downside to a civvy pack is the bag, is it durable enough to be tossed around, in abrasive situations, sturdy zippers etc? I have an older Kelty Yukon that has never let me down. Campmor has the Trekker for a buck nineteen, hard to beat. Also you might consider an Alice medium with Enforcer's Hellcat mods...I have one and it works. You can shop on Ebay for the parts and assemble it yourself. I also have a French F-1 and a Swiss Mountain Ruck, each has their own niche. Just my .02

#3 ·
I pack a Kelty Tioga (an old one) but I know several adults & youths that use the Trekker. All from my sons scout troop. They are great packs, I might go as far to say awesome packs for the $. My only advice is make sure it will adjust to your size before you buy. Which it should. Good luck. RZ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.