Survivalist Forum banner

bugs

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hbillyjim 
#1 ·
this isn't really dealing with survival. Well maybe because who knows they could be poisonous and that is detrimental to survival. I put it in this forum cause it's the most visited and I know no other group of people who are as intelligent and resourceful as ya'll. But anyway. I live in ohio and was working in the barn today moving hay and I find these bugs. These bugs are unlike anything I've ever seen especially in ohio. They were about the size of a small pill bug. Like the ones you find under rocks, but they had 8 legs and two pinchers like a scorpion minus the tail. I poked one with a piece of hay and they were ****y little m fer's. I pinned one down and it started attacking the hay like a little scorpion with it's pinchers. WTF are these things?

#4 · (Edited)
The only bugs that i can think of that have 2 pinchers on the rear are earwigs wich are brown colored . I've also seen some bugs , when remodeling older homes , that have what look like pinchers on the rear and are a light grey color , i think they are silverfish . .
Not much help , i guess . Need picture .

#5 ·
these pinchers were on the front. They moved and behaved like scorpions minus the tail. I pinned one down and the little turd went ape crap on the piece of straw I was using to hold him down. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow...I'm also gonna take a zip lock and get one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.