Updated "The Soldier's Son"--A Post-Apocalyptic Story of Survival, and Revenge - Page 117 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Survival Acronyms Updated JayOlliver Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 7 12-27-2012 10:59 PM
UPDATED: GreyWorld - The SHTF Fiction Story by JaySlay Lucas_SurvivalCach Urban Survival 24 10-21-2012 07:32 PM
Suggest some good post apocalyptic survival fiction Tarik Books, Movies & Stories 36 10-10-2012 12:19 PM
Survival Laundry Equipment Updated & Revised 411man Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 01-10-2011 10:22 PM
Second amendment not revenge, but survival. cowboy56 General Discussion 4 05-27-2010 10:22 PM
A cool story about a Soldier superdeluxe General Discussion 0 11-11-2009 04:06 PM
Pop star dies, tears everywhere, soldier returned, one line story! DareToThink General Discussion 10 10-17-2009 11:12 AM
anyone purchase the new updated sas survival handbook??? coldworld Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 4 03-25-2009 04:56 PM

Old Yesterday, 02:55 PM
Prepared

Thanked 9,150 Times in 371 Posts
Default Comments tort/MourningA

Advertise Here

--tort a little on the nose but entirely apt/appropriate in content. The idea that the Constitution/Bill of Rights "evolves" is one of the most fantastic lies/deceptions in human history. It can be amended/added to/deleted from.
But the existing language is quite astonishingly specific. I think quite a few minds here could go on...and on...about the very specific perversions ( willful, designed, crafted, devious ) of language/law which have occurred over the last century--my favorite in willful deviance of course being the corruption of the 2nd, which could not have been more specific in language, and intent, short of naming technologies not yet invented. The ludicrous invention that the founders wrote the 2nd to protect "hunting" is as completely bizarre as the idea that you can have a country....without enforcing borders. The 2nd, Like all of the BoR, describes a relationship between government and governed, not any specific "technology"--and to remove the language from the common usage at time of writing/creation is no different than total revision, and fantasy.

--Mourning/A well said and we really did ( so far ) miss not a bullet but a warhead. And yes, that/this issue was the MOST IMPORTANT by far of recent events. We have twenty years, max, Mourning/A/tort/all. Before other issues overwhelm the very first world problem of an ideal interpretation of a moral/legal code. I think/hope we might get that twenty years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCBourone For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,243 Posts

Prius occidit eos - put them to death before

Sorry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to htfiremedic For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,466 Times in 532 Posts

I reckon id hafta agree on the ferin langages, i only talk cowboy, maybe a little Saigonese lol, but just a very little.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboypapa For This Useful Post:

Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
Mourn, but survive

Thanked 2,560 Times in 592 Posts

BUT, DC, "here and now", long before that 20 year "deadline" arrives, there will be a correction which will "alter the landscape". Dodging the "bombshell" [apt word choice] will allow what we love to survive. My question is, what triggers the correction, and when does it occur?

An unexpected leader, outside of the mainstream, threatens the established order. If he is allowed his full and lawful time, he might disrupt their plans, entirely. SO, if all of the powers arraigned against him appear to be losing, they have abundant resources to trigger a correction--and blame him for it.

OR, in the alternative, the financial health of not merely our communities but the entire world may be so unrepentantly bad, that a correction is "just a matter of time". Tiny events in some little corner of the world could produce a cascade effect which would bring down the whole house of cards--everywhere. As JDY and so many others say, "it's not if, it's when" [and how]!

I infer from your comments that you have elected to revise TSS in light of last November's events. In this regard, I confess I have NOT been following the more recent additions because I want to experience the entire book in one (very long) sitting.

I believed [incorrectly] that you have elected to write A WHOLE NEW BOOK so that your fictional, speculative history could better correlate to current events, and their logical consequences. When you print it, I will buy.

Last edited by Mourning America; Yesterday at 09:04 PM.. Reason: revised: I believed [incorrectly]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mourning America For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM
Hakham Bashi

Thanked 10,299 Times in 2,299 Posts
Lightbulb Things are seldom as they seem...

Mourning-
An observation from a "librarians'" perspective.

Those who are in control of events tend not to micro-manage so as to perpetuate the appearance of choice and control to the visible lever/button pushers.

The mantra of the United States is that the nationís history makes it special, and that the people of the US are heirs to a superior civilization more noble than any other in the world. And the American people believe it.

The mantra of Chinese educational institutes and media is that the nationís history makes it special, and that the people of China are heirs to a civilization more ancient and more noble than any other in the world. And the Chinese people believe it.

This shortsighted Western thinking reflects a fundamental difference between the East and the West: Western civilizations seem to relegate the importance of history to a lower position each year. Staggeringly reckless national borrowing habits and naive foreign policies provide evidence proving that American leaders in particular donít look even one generation into their future or past when making decisions.

The mentality of Eastern nations is different. They zoom out. They broaden their perspective to see a significantly longer stretch of the timeline, both past and future. Asia doesnít forget what has unfolded in past centuries as the West is apt to do, and an affront that occurred 100 years ago is still a fresh wound for grudge-harboring China.

And yet, from an historian and librarians' point of view, even the Eastern mentality is short sighted. Proper reading of the tea leaves, and the bones and the runes show us that no matter who is visibly "in charge" there are other, hidden, obscure, powerful and longer-term agents.

To quote lines from Gilbert & Sullivan's HMS Pinafore:
Things are seldom what they seem,
Skim milk masquerades as cream;
Highlows pass as patent leathers;
Jackdaws strut in peacock's feathers.

Black sheep dwell in every fold;
All that glitters is not gold;
Storks turn out to be but logs;
Bulls are but inflated frogs.

Wink is often good as nod;
Spoils the child who spares the rod;
Thirsty lambs run foxy dangers;
Dogs are found in many mangers.

--tort--

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM
Prepared

Default Comments/htfire/tort/MourningA

--htfire no harm no foul I just don't want to wallow in my own ignorance. For more than a minute or two.

--Mourning/A--don't worry, it is EXACTLY THE SAME BOOK, expanded. Recent events so perfectly dovetail with fiction it was...uncanny. Recent events, and the associated outrage, fit...oh boy do they fit. And they also fit the cascade of "resolutions/reveals"--

--Mourning/A, the corrections, very important: the measure/consequence/driver of ALL CORRECTIONS ( war, asteroid, plague, zombies, anything ) is ECONOMIC first: the distribution of essential goods and services. ALL OTHER CONSEQUENCES by the hand and mind of man are to regulate/control/manage economic factors. If there be dicatorship: it will be to force distributions. If there by chaos: all forces at work will be to manage distributions.

--Short of war/asteroid/plague, the most likely "correction" will be 1. Slow--unfunded mandates, degraded currencies, use of force to insure revenue streams, control fraud/regulation to insure monopolies, etc. 2. Faster, and overlapping: increased productivity/robotics/A.I. acting as soft "monopolies"--
and a world out of work, a Deep State Police State forcefully supervising.
I am quite certain that what we see now, everywhere, is the beginning of the use of force/deception/power grab to position various parties for this future.

--if we are lucky, and our recent political "correction" has legs/durability, some geographies/cultures will do better, some worse. Better is Switzerland/Chile/Idaho. Worse is Somalia/Yemen/Mali/Afghanistan/Oakland.

--cascade effect/war/total economic collapse, sudden--entirely possible.

--I promise you Mourning/A, not a whole new book. Imagine that the DeeeepState we see now in revolt, has "pushed quite a bit harder"--that is all that has changed. Now imagine the resources of Gehr Waffenfabrik. How might they be used here, in the context of the existing story? You will be satisfied.

--tort, East/West, exactly. Hidden hands, exactly. But touchy stuff. People have to find it for themselves. How many here know that the British East India Company methodically arranged for the opium trade with China, bribed/subverted/and went to war, for the opium trade, and WHY? Because the British liked tea. The Chinese only accepted hard coin: silver, in exchange. The British Treasury/economy was being leached of silver, for decades....and they wanted it back. A very very small example, with a very Large Hand....and so on. I am very careful here and elsewhere on issues of currency, currencies, the definition of "money" AND WHO DEFINES IT. Not you. Not us. Nuff said at this time. I would prefer that people explore this issue/driver/Hidden Hand in private.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCBourone For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
Hakham Bashi

Thanked 10,299 Times in 2,299 Posts
Thumbs up Point taken

DC-
Point taken, I will close the lecture hall. No harm intended.

-tort-
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM
Mourn, but survive

Thanked 2,560 Times in 592 Posts

No harm inflicted, Tort. But the following "doggerel verse" was inspired by your comments:

The world distains humility
And proudly mocks Divinity
So, soon, we’ll see humanity
Fall to its own insanity—
For God will not be mocked

This lesson in obedience
Whereby men learn of Providence
Will crush the souls of those who crow
They’ll never reap what they now sow—
But, soon, their bills come due

And so we watch quite patiently
As tyrants plan quite blatantly
To steal the freedoms from our lives
Through brutal fraud or slick disguise—
They are “masters for an hour”

There is a force we cannot see
Which matches fates for you and me
For patriot deeds and temperate speech
Will conquer those who cry, “Impeach”!—
America shall rise again.

And now, we return you to your regularly scheduled "end of the world as we know it"! Please place your tray tables in their upright locked position and FIRMLY fasten your seatbelts--we're in for a really bumpy ride!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mourning America For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboypapa View Post
I reckon id hafta agree on the ferin langages, i only talk cowboy, maybe a little Saigonese lol, but just a very little.
My mom tried to make me learn Latin. Toga meaning toga is about all I remember, found it useless then and still not all that particularly useful. So thanks for the translation
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raccoontrapper2016 For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM

The collective knowledge in this thread alone is incredible. Y'all keep posting and I'll keep reading and maybe I'll absorb something of use through my thick skull.
I don't think y'all are wrong, but I pray daily that you are about the correction, deep state etc...

I'll have a 2(ish) week absence. I got lucky this year and get two straight weeks at the beach. Leaving Sunday, I can't wait.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raccoontrapper2016 For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM
Prepared

Default Comments tort/MourningA/RCtrapper

--tort I might have missed on tone here, absolutely no harm no foul, "let them
find on their own" relates primarily to separation from issue of "conspiracy theory"/jargon and etc.'s. I could spell it out. Post some pdf.'s. Some maps, and the changed borders. So could you. But I suspect as you might that long experience has taught that some lessons must be learned first hand. I walked a Technion genius engineer though The Balfour Treat(ies)/Amendments/correspondence once. The result was sub-optimal. Your footnotes are now irreplaceable, and etc., tortminder.

--MourningA--"slick disguise"--in some languages, the greatest trick: to persuade you that hE does not exist.

--RCTrapper--Latin--that is why we wander in the dark without a tortminder.
But 'lo--we have one!!!!

--RCTrapper--yes, big libraries, well read. And now it will be your job, RCT.
See you in two weeks. A beach, hmm? Enjoy the view. I'm not talking about the water.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCBourone For This Useful Post: