It is with great regret,, I cut Danner boots from my boot of choice, - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***Ladies Section*** Another boot thread: What boots for a woman? Rikken Ladies Section 18 01-29-2017 10:57 AM
Blackhawk 83BT03BK Men's 8" Soft Toe Waterproof Black Ops Boot (SIZE 6.5) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 12-29-2016 02:21 PM

Old 01-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Say when

Thanked 1,599 Times in 469 Posts

Advertise Here

Satisfy one customer, he'll tell one person.
Upset one customer, he'll tell ten people.

Just from what I've learned.

Right, Wrong, or Indifferent, I'm glad to have heard this story. Guy spends that much money on a pair of boots, and basically gets told to kick sand when their product fails...just ain't right.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cmo1037 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2017, 08:09 AM
Third World'er Lunatic

Thanked 29,896 Times in 9,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmo1037 View Post
Wow, Chippewa would have to make the worst boot in the world for me to go away from them if that good of customer service happened to me. THAT is the absolute DEFINITION of customer service what they did for you.
I might actually give Chippewa boots a try after hearing that story.
I'd tell Danner to get bent.
Hopefully they "May record every call for training purposes", and can pull that tape of your phone call with that customer service rep, and make right.
the only difference, was the "lace to toe " easier to get boot on bad ankles.Boot that danner had, had that.. work I do is hard on footwear. fuels/oils ect eats em up. steel toes tear thru ect. at the time, chippewa didn't offer lace to toe, but in retrospect, I shoulda went with the double layer lineman boot. ya live and learn. Im sometimes a lil slower at it than others.

all they had to do, was tell me to ship em, then it wouldn't have mattered if the shot em down. but to shoot em down without even really seeing the problem..... I mean, ive always kinda OCD with receipts and records, But, i usually dont keep original boxes that long.

what ive found lately is a lot of larger companies bring in a crew to maximize profit margins. larger the company, more it happens.

something has to pay that price. usually its customer service/quality.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goblin X For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 03:18 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 9,610 Times in 4,736 Posts

Bad story. Sorry to hear it. Sometimes a different person will solve the problem by going higher up the chain.

I have a pair of Danner logging boots I bought in 1979. They have been everywhere and resoled many times. They are still serviceable.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:41 PM
Third World'er Lunatic

update, wrote a letter, was civil, and as of today, haven't heard a peep from em. figure if I write em a letter a month, someone will notice. maybe. till then i am in the icon's i picked up cheap from a bike shop, till I can save up for a set of whites.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:59 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,190 Times in 2,849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin X View Post
update, wrote a letter, was civil, and as of today, haven't heard a peep from em. figure if I write em a letter a month, someone will notice. maybe. till then i am in the icon's i picked up cheap from a bike shop, till I can save up for a set of whites.
What size boot do you wear...
I got a couple free pairs from that breakroom deal.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:48 AM
Hermit

If you are spending $400 on work boots, get a pair of Whites or Wescos. Having worked a very short stint at Wesco ( they treat employees like garbage, only job I have ever walked off) I can say customer service and quality are a top priority.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:20 AM
Third World'er Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobs View Post
What size boot do you wear...
I got a couple free pairs from that breakroom deal.
9.5 and here's the kicker, a B width, with a high arch. I got funny feet.
with a D width,, I wear a extra pair of socks. thus why the more expensive boots. not a lot have narrower widths. over the years, ive gotten used to D's
cant always find exactly what ya need when pressed, but a good fitting boot feels so much better.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:23 AM
Third World'er Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWWoodsman View Post
If you are spending $400 on work boots, get a pair of Whites or Wescos. Having worked a very short stint at Wesco ( they treat employees like garbage, only job I have ever walked off) I can say customer service and quality are a top priority.
saving up for tha whites. lace to toe, linemans. really looked hard at the carolina's, but they didnt have lace to toe. that was the kicker.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:53 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,376 Times in 807 Posts

Threaten to launch a smear campaign online....if they still refuse to help...go nuclear on every review site you can find...and send them links to your reviews. ...you will win
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaffeineBuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2017, 12:08 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 9,610 Times in 4,736 Posts

I bought some iguana Tony Lama boots in 1979. They cost a lot of money at the time. They turned from grey to a sick green color so I sent them back to the factory in El Paso through a saddle shop. The factory claimed they did not have my boots. The shop closed.
Guess what kind of boots I have never owned again?
Old 01-27-2017, 06:44 PM
Third World'er Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeineBuzz View Post
Threaten to launch a smear campaign online....if they still refuse to help...go nuclear on every review site you can find...and send them links to your reviews. ...you will win
only thing is , I aint that social. I post on one site, this one, think i am still a member on 2 others, but hadn't been back in a couple of years.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:31 AM
Just some guy

Thanked 11,871 Times in 4,169 Posts

I did the same thing with preparation h.

I refuse that product based on morality alone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iyaayas For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2017, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaayas View Post
I did the same thing with preparation h.

I refuse that product based on morality alone.

WTH, lololol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTOGreg For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2017, 07:33 AM
Deplorable

Thanked 11,776 Times in 3,024 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin X View Post
many years I have worn. Bought new, and had resoled at their facility, their warranty was always upfront and honest, but, as with a lot of american businesses, that has went by the wayside.

broke out my new pair of replacement FT Lewis boots, Med insulated, for new years, had worn the 2012 set out, thru 1 resole with never a problem, Bought the replacements back in November, and put them on, Jan 1st. new years day.

the insulate came away from the boot, and peeled out like a inside out sock, last night when I took em off.

Danner, asked me 1000 questions when I called em this mornin, including what kind of socks I wear, seems for some dang reason, wool socks voided their insulate warranty. "grips the sock" they said.

so I got a pair of boots, tween 350-400 $ worth anyway, that im just going to have to carry on with, cause they wont cover it. and they will only charge me 200$ to fix it.OR I can Buy a new set of non -insulated boots, at full price,, and I wouldn't have that issue again.............right!

I got a better Idea, I will gut em out, glue in some insoles, and wear em till they are shot, then find me a decent boot company they will stand behind their product.

I don't mind paying for a decent pair of boots, But don't pee down my back and tell me its rainin when it comes to the warranty

continue on with your regular scheduled thread, rant over!!!!!
Mr. Goblin ... That is disgraceful. I would tell Danner to pound sand.
The Following User Says Thank You to Popeye Doyle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2017, 09:30 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,379 Times in 443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppine View Post
I bought some iguana Tony Lama boots in 1979. They cost a lot of money at the time. They turned from grey to a sick green color so I sent them back to the factory in El Paso through a saddle shop. The factory claimed they did not have my boots. The shop closed.
Guess what kind of boots I have never owned again?
Knock off Tony Lama iguana boots?
The Following User Says Thank You to 3cyl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2017, 10:56 AM
Target Shooter

Since the global economy slowed a lot of consumer products have taken a downturn in quality. Even custom made 1st world companies have cut costs and sourced cheaper materials.Pity to hear if this has befallen Danner as well, they had a superb reputation in our military years ago.

Seriously this warranty return crap has become ridiculous. I am more and more digging out gear I bought in the mid 2000's since it has outlasted gear I bought 2 years ago(!). Good customer service once meant the sales rep selling you the item with a nice manner and then never having to talk to him again. It did not mean this continual bull**** warranty service interaction.
The Following User Says Thank You to sixtus For This Useful Post: