Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > 2012
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

2012 Discussion on the 2012 predictions

Advertise Here

Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,398 Times in 430 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzy4200 View Post
It doesn't take a mayan calander to tell me we are screwed, just look at the crowd at your local wal-mart. It's amazing we made it this long.
Wal-Mart is the best free entertainment you can find. Especially on food stamp Saturday!!! Wal-Mart should sells tickets to that event
Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,809 Times in 832 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by devron View Post
Yeah, a really great president who armed and trained the people we are now fighting. Funny how that happens again and again and again.
I think the political scene was FAR different then, when he did that, than it is now. Regimes have toppled and theocracies have taken their place. Militant, radical idiots. Its a different world now than when Reagan was here. I don't really believe he would have armed our enemies. We were all fighting a different war back then.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 AM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoWildcat View Post
I think the political scene was FAR different then, when he did that, than it is now. Regimes have toppled and theocracies have taken their place. Militant, radical idiots. Its a different world now than when Reagan was here. I don't really believe he would have armed our enemies. We were all fighting a different war back then.
That he armed. He also continued Carter's idiocy in helping promote radical Islam by supporting the mujahideen. He may have had his reasons and hindsight is always 20-20, but they have been shown to have major mistakes.

If you don't believe he would have armed them now, then there's nothing I'll say that can discount it since there's no way of knowing what he would or wouldn't have done. I have no problem with Reagan as a man, but at the same time I do not get this post-death deification of his policies. He laid a foundation for many of the social and fiscal chickens that came home to roost the last decade or so.
The Following User Says Thank You to devron For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 AM
secessionist

Thanked 4,037 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoWildcat View Post
Thank you so much for posting this! What remarkable words from a great president....the last great one we have had. Who here among us believes in our country and its founding enough to die for it?
Who here believes that perhaps it is time to start fighting for it.

And I dont mean with words on some obscure internet board either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crackshot For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,226 Times in 1,959 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackshot View Post
Who here believes that perhaps it is time to start fighting for it.

And I dont mean with words on some obscure internet board either.
I'd recommend being careful what you post on an obscure internet board. Anyone who would answer this affirmatively on such a board I'd just as soon not have in my vicinity in a time of need.

As for the criticisms of Reagan and his policies, were you around and do you remember the Carter Administration? Remember 18% mortgage rates, doubled gas pricing (sound familiar?), gas lines across the nation and double digit unemployment? Creation of the Energy Dept. (supposedly to become energy independent) and Education Dept. (do you believe that has resulted in better education for children today?) Reagen "inherrited" the same type of economy the current administration did and has whined about and blamed since. The difference? He worked to fix it and did, along with being responsible, almost single handedly, for the fall of the Soviet Union and the Berlin wall. He brought back prosperity and real hope to America for a better future. The same folks who criticize Reagan call the Constitution a "living" document and criticize our founders. Reagan's values, vision and principals where the same founding principals that made America great, prosperous and gave you the freedoms you have enjoyed that are now under assault with Bush's Patriot Act, Obama's NDAA, healthcare fraud and about everything else he's signed since being sworn in. Let's see what kind of "free" country we have after another four years of debt, spending, corruption, encroachment of big gov't and scandals. Along with the cover-ups like F&F, Benghazi, Solyndra and others. A wise founder once said "Freedom once lost is lost forever". Some sheeple in this great country have chosen to surrender it. "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within. " -- Ariel Durant
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bushmaster1911 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster1911 View Post
I'd recommend being careful what you post on an obscure internet board. Anyone who would answer this affirmatively on such a board I'd just as soon not have in my vicinity in a time of need.

As for the criticisms of Reagan and his policies, were you around and do you remember the Carter Administration? Remember 18% mortgage rates, doubled gas pricing (sound familiar?), gas lines across the nation and double digit unemployment? Creation of the Energy Dept. (supposedly to become energy independent) and Education Dept. (do you believe that has resulted in better education for children today?) Reagen "inherrited" the same type of economy the current administration did and has whined about and blamed since. The difference? He worked to fix it and did, along with being responsible, almost single handedly, for the fall of the Soviet Union and the Berlin wall. He brought back prosperity and real hope to America for a better future. The same folks who criticize Reagan call the Constitution a "living" document and criticize our founders. Reagan's values, vision and principals where the same founding principals that made America great, prosperous and gave you the freedoms you have enjoyed that are now under assault with Bush's Patriot Act, Obama's NDAA, healthcare fraud and about everything else he's signed since being sworn in. Let's see what kind of "free" country we have after another four years of debt, spending, corruption, encroachment of big gov't and scandals. Along with the cover-ups like F&F, Benghazi, Solyndra and others. A wise founder once said "Freedom once lost is lost forever". Some sheeple in this great country have chosen to surrender it. "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within. " -- Ariel Durant
Reagan single-handedly brought down the USSR and the Berlin Wall? I'm pretty sure a good number of people actually in the Bloc would disagree with that. He didn't fix anything; he made it easier to obfuscate with trickle-down which has since proven to have failed and contributed to the gutting of the middle and lower classes. The recovery from Carter was paved with money that didn't exist. 80's=The credit boom. That debt was then sold up the ladder and up the ladder until it popped half a decade ago.

But to be fair, *he* didn't do it, but his policies made it possible. Perhaps he had too much faith in mankind. He did grow up in a different era and perhaps didn't think the system would have been exploited as it was. My honest opinion of Reagan is that he might have been the last president who did what he thought was right, which is respectable even if things turned out badly. And let's be real, the President is one man. The *real* problem(s), IMO, are Congress.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by devron View Post
Reagan single-handedly brought down the USSR and the Berlin Wall? I'm pretty sure a good number of people actually in the Bloc would disagree with that. He didn't fix anything; he made it easier to obfuscate with trickle-down which has since proven to have failed and contributed to the gutting of the middle and lower classes. The recovery from Carter was paved with money that didn't exist. 80's=The credit boom. That debt was then sold up the ladder and up the ladder until it popped half a decade ago.

But to be fair, *he* didn't do it, but his policies made it possible. Perhaps he had too much faith in mankind. He did grow up in a different era and perhaps didn't think the system would have been exploited as it was. My honest opinion of Reagan is that he might have been the last president who did what he thought was right, which is respectable even if things turned out badly. And let's be real, the President is one man. The *real* problem(s), IMO, are Congress.
You're beyond hope. The SDI program often referred to as Star Wars defense system frightened the soviets so much as to send them on a spending spree to try and keep up, bankrupting their already fragile economy.

Trickle down hurt the middle class? The only possible way you can construe that to be true is the use the argument used at the time which was he spent too much on defense and military. This was needed after Carter decimated it to the point of not having even the necessary parts to keep our jets in the air. The middle class prospered along with every one else as out of control inflation, fuel costs and interest rates subsided. He was the best thing to ever happen to the middle class.

The argument goes something like this from his detractors..."The gap between rich and poor grew". That is true as when prosperity happens those at the top who produce and provide products people want and can afford to buy in a thriving economy get very wealthy. Those who love class warfare always use that argument. The fact is they're happier if the gap is smaller and everyone is equally poor. Better everyone poor than someone gaining more than they do.

If you're happy with the result of Carter 2 for the past four years good luck to you. You and the other supporters now own the results. They will be painful and destructive to America and her citizens.

BTW, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and all the others who created a system of mandating banks loan to unqualified borrowers. Those who dealt in dirivitives, mortgage-backed securities and other ponzi schemes like AIG, Goldman Sachs, Freedy and Fannie and so many others crashed the housing market. You can thank them and their appointees like Franklin Raines and Tim Geithner for the results and failure to set policies that would allow recovery.

You can continue to play ostrich for a while. After this second term that's going to get a lot harder to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bushmaster1911 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2012, 10:09 PM
secessionist

Quote:

Who's critisizing Reagan's Policies? I considered the speach inspirational. so much so that Id be willing to fight the enemy within.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Who's critisizing Reagan's Policies? I considered the speach inspirational. so much so that Id be willing to fight the enemy within.
Sorry CrackShot, that part wasn't directed toward you. The first paragraph however was. Your post I quote above reconfirms the reason I posted that first paragraph.

Freedom of speech is not absolute. Be careful what you post and say in public. More important, always remember the men and women in uniform follow orders, both LEO and Military and they are not your enemy. They are however who it would be that you'd face if you make threats about armed revolution. I for one, will NOT, engage in armed conflict against the folks I have much love and respect for in our Military. I hope I'm misinterpreting the "willing to fight the enemy within" comment. If you mean at the ballot box and by influencing friends and family to share your views I'm with you.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:42 PM

What's confirmed this time ??KFC isn't selling real chickens?? Again ??
Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 PM
secessionist

Quote:
Sorry CrackShot, that part wasn't directed toward you. The first paragraph however was. Your post I quote above reconfirms the reason I posted that first paragraph.

Freedom of speech is not absolute. Be careful what you post and say in public. More important, always remember the men and women in uniform follow orders, both LEO and Military and they are not your enemy. They are however who it would be that you'd face if you make threats about armed revolution. I for one, will NOT, engage in armed conflict against the folks I have much love and respect for in our Military. I hope I'm misinterpreting the "willing to fight the enemy within" comment. If you mean at the ballot box and by influencing friends and family to share your views I'm with you.
No, youve got it right. I ment what I said. I also understand that with the first Civil War the military split down the middle too and some of the most brilliant minds when with the south. Id be fighting at the side of those that understand the reasons to fight against this bastardization of a government we have now. And Yes I know That will probably get me on some list somewhere, but it is what it is. I will not live life as a coward in fear of what a corrupt government might or might not do to me, Id rather die on my feet than to continue to live in chains, the slave to the entitlement class.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Survivor

Quote:
No, youve got it right. I ment what I said. I also understand that with the first Civil War the military split down the middle too and some of the most brilliant minds when with the south. Id be fighting at the side of those that understand the reasons to fight against this bastardization of a government we have now. And Yes I know That will probably get me on some list somewhere, but it is what it is. I will not live life as a coward in fear of what a corrupt government might or might not do to me, Id rather die on my feet than to continue to live in chains, the slave to the entitlement class.
I'm not questioning your back bone or resolve. It's obvious you have plenty of both. I'm just suggesting that until/unless those you speak of in the military do split and unlawful orders are rejected it might be premature to announce personal intentions. As in poker, showing your cards before the hand is played is not the best strategy. Bringing unwanted attention to yourself in advance may not be the best strategy. Lay low and hope for the best while planning for the worst. Stay safe my friend.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:51 PM

Oh oh, now at nearly the last moment I do believe.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 AM
secessionist

Quote:
I'm not questioning your back bone or resolve. It's obvious you have plenty of both. I'm just suggesting that until/unless those you speak of in the military do split and unlawful orders are rejected it might be premature to announce personal intentions. As in poker, showing your cards before the hand is played is not the best strategy. Bringing unwanted attention to yourself in advance may not be the best strategy. Lay low and hope for the best while planning for the worst. Stay safe my friend.
Yes, you are right. The problem is though that if everyone plays thier cards close to thier chest no one will ever get up and make a stand. At some point someone has to get up and say this is wrong. Someone has to lead or we end up marching into the abyss waiting for everyone else to make the first move.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crackshot For This Useful Post: