Survivalist Forum banner

Old Missle Silo's and Military Bunkers for sale

102K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  Tugger 
#1 ·
That last $50,000 for 1/200th ownership of a location made me think. Why do that when you can take that and go in with a few good friends to purchase one of these places. Full thread here.

Old military bunkers, underground communication bunkers, missle silo's etc.

*Note* I have not done business with these people, or know how credible they are. This is just to illustrate that these properties ARE out there that are affordable. They look like specialized realtors to me.

Worth looking and drooling over lol But really, at these prices, you can take $50k and 5 of your close friends that are like minded and go in with people you trust and not 199 complete strangers.

Enjoy.
http://www.missilebases.com/properties

#8 ·
that makes you "in good company."

#9 ·
The problem with this surplus bunkers is that everyone, including the gubment, knows right where they are. Most of the ones listed on that site were even located on government land or within city limits.

I think you'd do better with a couple CONEX containers on remote property. If you need a hardened bunker to withstand an NBC attack you are f**** anyway.

#10 ·
you guys have any idea the fiscal and equipment needed to keep a sub going? Diesel, spare parts, occasional dry dock visits, trained people

#18 ·
Gentlemen. It's a submarine, add a deck gun and you know what you become?

SCOURGE OF SOMALI PIRATES, DEFENDER OF THE GULF OF ADEN. Any fuel you need, just steal it from pirates. Food? Steal it from pirates. Weapons? Again, steal from the pirates. With a hearty crew and probably a lot of booze to keep you psychotic enough to do this... Well, I think we have a solution to the piracy "problem." If they attempt to board? HA HA, SORRY BUT THIS IS A SUBMARINE. Oh, what's that, Captain Half-Ass, you can't swim? Too bad. Maybe you should have factored that in when you decided to become a pirate. Sorry, but being a privateer with a submarine sounds like the best thing in the world. You know how they send out those little boats? Just surface right in front of them, problem solved! OHHH WHAT NOW!?

I'm going to be watching this site closely, Russia might decide to sell some subs in the future. If I can find one to buy, who's with me?

#30 ·
you could run with a basic a crew of 18 people three shifts of watch standers when under way of 6 hours each -x-18-hour sub day ..plus 6 more people-x-medical-1-cook-2-misc crewmen-x-3- for jobs that might need to be done in the engine room and supply area..plus you and the family could be on the watch standers list along with the capt of the boat ..the extra on duty could help trying up the boat as it enter port or leaves port .then stow the gear on the on deck hatchs system then make the boat ready for driveing once you cleared the main shipping channel ..

you need 4 people for the control room and two for main line desiel and elec system for the switchs

-x-2-people on the control for diveing one officer of the deck and one person who does the quatermaster duties of ploting the course on which you sail along with watching the Xmas tree drive board and other areas, plus you would need a sonar and radar guy just to really make sure no one was comeing up from the bottom or sides to out a round into you under water..

#33 ·
Per wikipedia, the Whiskey class sub had a normal complement of 54 people.

Personnally, I'd be VERY leary about going to sea in a sub this old - the last Whiskey class sub was built in 1958. Also, the soviets were not known to be espeically fastidious about maintaining their ships.

#39 ·
Problem is that, empty or not, they are still prime targets by the bad guys with the missiles. But they are definitely cool in terms of your top of the line bug out retreat.

Those things have been around for more than a decade now. I remember the old millennium ark project talking about them back in the mid nineties.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.