Survivalist Forum banner

Collision Course - David Crawford

10K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  London 
#1 ·
For those of us who enjoyed Lights Out by David Crawford I noticed that he is coming out with a new novel in November. I have attached the link below.

#4 ·
IF this is the same story posted on ARF and it appears to be so judging by the cover, here goes..

Two stories..

SHTF - Guy bugs out of San Antonio on his quad and trailer combo by backroads, railways and fire trails as he tries to get to his BOL. Along the way his morals go from dubious to MIA.

The other story (if I remember) features a small town, a recluse, his girlfriend, a kid and their paths crossing with the quad rider.

Anyone else is free to correct me and my feelings won't be hurt.

#11 ·
Just finished reading it. Not really engaging for me. The character of DJ held ZERO interest for me. I can see where he was attempting to show how people can degrade into brutality, but IMO it just "didn't work".

Vastly opposite from Lights Out and much worse. Will put this latest book in my prep storage for emergency TP.

#14 ·
Don't get all hot and bothered. He was not trying to justify this guys actions. On the contrary, the author was showing the gradual change of this anti-hero from borderline kook into a true dirtbag. I assume that he will eventualy cross paths with the books real heros and meet an appropriate end!!

#17 ·
Just finished the book, liked it alot..not going to spoil it, but worth reading...yes, it is a little dark, but not too bad....Quite realisitic i think based on the scenerio...

well written, flowed easily,good character development and nice twist at the end...

I also believe he left the door open for a sequel.....

just my .0002$ worth....PSYOP

#22 ·
I enjoyed it.

I don't think the author was trying to make the characters likable; I think he was trying to make them realistic. Of course that's not as exciting to most readers; hence part of the reason for the mixed reviews.

I'd say the fact that neither of the two main characters are really stellar people in any way makes the book a lot truer to what we'd see in real life. Not everybody is a Superman or Lex Luthor; most of us have varying degrees of each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.