Survivalist Forum banner

Flu factories pumping out H1N1 Swine Flu in record numbers

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jleverin 
#1 ·
Kids spreading it at school and summer camp...then take it home to parents and older siblings often with deadly results.

-------------

Hospital Sees 44 Child Swine Flu Cases In 2 Weeks

44 Tested Positive In the Last 2 Weeks At Rady Children's Hospital

SAN DIEGO -- Forty-four children taken to Rady Children's Hospital in the past two weeks have tested positive for the H1N1 virus, including at least four who attended summer camps in the county, it was reported Wednesday.

As of early Wednesday, there have been 531 confirmed cases of swine flu, according to the county Health and Human Services Agency.

Swine flu is surfacing at children's camps across the county, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

At least 27 asthmatic children who attended a pair of American Lung Association Camps at Camp Marston in Julian and another facility in Livermore in Northern California came down with the illness, the Union-Tribune reported.

Some camps, including the Muscular Dystrophy Association's camp at Camp Cuyamaca in Descanso, have been canceled or delayed because of the virus, but most have kept their schedules, according to the newspaper.

On Tuesday, the number of fatal swine flu cases reported in the county rose to four, with the latest victim being a 50-year-old woman. She died June 29, six days after being admitted to Paradise Valley Hospital in National City.

The woman, whose name was not released, had underlying respiratory and immune-system problems that played a role in her death, the Union-Tribune reported. More...

See less See more
#2 ·
This is tragic or could have tragic results.

Unfortunately we are probably looking at similar situations on public transport, shopping malls and large sporting events where fans are packed into stadiums by the thousands.

#3 ·
Was discussing this with my mom just yesterday. Even though we homeschool - we still have other activities (4-H, archery, church, grocery shopping, banking, post office, getting gas, etc.....).

So, I'm finding it really difficult to come up with a plan for exactly when we'd say we are going to self-quarantine. Because with the virus living so long on things like desks, pens, paper, etc....how do you know when is the time?

Think I'll start another thread on just this topic.:thumb:

#4 ·
That's why I say "thank God" I no longer have kids at home! Kids spread germs like wildfire, I used to ALWAYS be sick when my kids were young. The youngest is 19 and the other one is married and out of the house. The only thing that bothers me is going to work because some of my co-workers have small kids and are always sick with something and bring it to work. If something bad happens I'll probably have to refuse to go to work to avoid it. I work in a hospital but it's NOT the patients I have to worry about giving me the flu, it's the people I work with! Sad!:confused::(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.