Survivalist Forum banner

Survival candy bars

13K views 49 replies 33 participants last post by  clintax 
#1 ·
What is your preference?

Snickers or Babe Ruths are my favorite but dont fair well in hot weather.

Salted Nut Rolls for the warmer weather

Anyway I am thinking I am cutting myself short in chocolate preps and will be improving my stock in the weeks to come.

Normally I dont eat alot of Candy but when the urge comes on occasionally it is hard to overcome.But me thinks it is important to have a chocolate supply in a shtf situation because the Wife can get ornery without it.:D:

#33 ·
Didn't they make a Chocolate bar for the troops that didn't melt as easy?
You know, the kind you see in the old films of GI's giving them out to kids.
Were those candy bars similar to "Almond Bark" candy coating you can buy at Wally World for home baking? I keep almond bark in the freezer, but it stores just as well at room temperature, and tastes just like milk chocolate.
Yum Yum

#34 ·
Anything Reese's-based has my vote. There must be 10 different kinds out there, and I love them all. The ones based on the Twix template are my least favorite, and they still rock; they have an excellent sweet to salty ratio, and I expect to be doing a lot of hard labor in the Coming Hard Times! (salt replacement is key).

#36 ·
Here's my two bits.

Sears (at least in Canada) sells these big bars, cheap, especially around the holidays. They stand up real well, are real tightly sealed (actually SEALED in foil under their paper sleeve for example), they are pretty good chocolate, and I have used them in my survival gear for a few years now. They even melt pretty good in milk if you break em up.

I recommend trying them. Great shelf life, very storable, and stand up well even in the heat.

#40 ·
I do believe that chocolate does contain roach eggs as it is impossible to seperate the coco from the eggs that infest the plants . If one would let a chocolate bar sit in the package wrapped the break down of the chocolate would incubate the roach eggs . The only way to keep chocolate for that long would require cold temps to prevent the hatching. It truly amazes me the mentality of some on the board to stock items of convensense not for survival .

#41 ·
I do believe that chocolate does contain roach eggs as it is impossible to seperate the coco from the eggs that infest the plants . If one would let a chocolate bar sit in the package wrapped the break down of the chocolate would incubate the roach eggs . The only way to keep chocolate for that long would require cold temps to prevent the hatching. It truly amazes me the mentality of some on the board to stock items of convensense not for survival .
Do you have a link for the source of this info? Never heard of that.
What is "convensense"?

#42 ·
Actually all of the above - there are very few chocolate related products that I don't like. Big calories, stores well for at least a year & is great for everyone's mood.

I have a 5 gallon bucket each from Halloween & Christmas where we got the chocolate on sale for 50% the day after the holidays.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.