Survivalist Forum banner

Survival candy bars

13K views 49 replies 33 participants last post by  clintax 
#1 ·
What is your preference?

Snickers or Babe Ruths are my favorite but dont fair well in hot weather.

Salted Nut Rolls for the warmer weather

Anyway I am thinking I am cutting myself short in chocolate preps and will be improving my stock in the weeks to come.

Normally I dont eat alot of Candy but when the urge comes on occasionally it is hard to overcome.But me thinks it is important to have a chocolate supply in a shtf situation because the Wife can get ornery without it.:D:

#2 ·
Ok, well, I'll bite on this .....

I was in the grocery store today and they had the little 'Fun' size candy bars for $1 per bag. I guess it was about 10 of them per bag. Not a bad price.

Who cares if they melt?!! They are tiny anways.

1) Snickers
2) Twix
3) Hershey

Those are my favorite.

#20 ·
I was stuck in traffic a couple weeks ago for an hour or two. Temperature was probably something like 5 above to 20 below or something. I had a Cliff bar in my Jeep, was hungry, and tried to eat it. Solid like a rock. Now that might be a problem common to many bars (candy, granola or otherwise) in cold weather. I eventually got it down, but it was a slow nibbling job.

#10 ·
Gotta feed the choc monster! It's a woman's rule.

anywho....I like Chunky candy bars. Remember them or are all of ya's too young? I still find them here and there. They had nuts and dried fruit surrounded by choc.
Zagnuts are good for non melting properties.
Myself, I'm a die hard Hershey's girl. Forget the fawncy crap. Gimme American candy bar choc.

#16 ·
anything dark chocolate.

#19 ·
I like granola bars and will eat them more often than candy bars. Twinkies and HoHo's and such are more of a bakery product so they should not be part of the discussion.

Chocolate was almost as popular as cigs and alcohol and other contraband in past wars and will be very popular in the future and future hard times. As Genevieve said earlier give me a straight Herschey bar w/almonds for me that is really the truest and the best for pure chocolate delight. The Snickers and bars of that type probably are more benificial because of the nuts , caramel and other goodies provide more nourishment but pure chocolate gives a better buzz.:thumb:

I would think most processed bars will keep for along time and be a good barter product not to mention a antidepressant and BOL morale booster. After the last Hallowen I thought we had a pretty good stock in the candy drawer but yesterday I realized the stock was getting low!!! Who has been in the damn candy drawer?:eek: I might have to figure a way of securing the stash.:confused:

#22 ·
I love any kind of granola bar.

I found some pretty good protien bars by kellogs, they are called special k protien bars. They come in chocolate, peanut butter, and strawberry. They taste great.

I also found some meal replacement bars at gnc. They are around 54 grams of carbs, 30 grams of protien, and 10 grams of fat. They are full of vitamins minerals and fiber. They are small and last for years. The only down side was taste. Not very good, but to valuable as a survival bar to pass up.

#29 ·
I cant do chocolate or nuts, so Im going for the English Flapjack type recipe. Dont confuse it with the US one, as they are different. Our Flapjacks are museli bars, with dried fruit, some coated with chocolate on the top, made with golden syrup and demarara sugar with Oats.

When I did eat chocolate and the like I would go for the following:

1. The Mars Bar ( Iv read the SAS use these extensively).
2. The Snicker Bar - the old Marathon bar

We will have to watch and see if Cadbury carries on producing a lot of the good bars, since their take over by Kraft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.