Survivalist Forum banner

Survival Food Bars?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Eden 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Does anyone know anything about Survival Food Bars? Just read about them, apparently they're very high calorie and pack a lot of fat. I'm curious how long they last, any brand, since it's not mentioned there.

See less See more
#3 ·
I've eaten these things for a couple years now, maybe three or four times a month? Anytime I'm out driving around and I get hungry, and I've got nothing else in the [front part of the] car with me right there, so I crack one of these thingies open.

I haven't yet tried the Mayday brand, just the Mainstay brand... Probably the exact same product in different packaging, though.

The part they say about non-thirst-provoking? It's true, although a sip of water every other bite or so GREATLY improves the experience. But it is true, they don't make you any thirstier than you were before you ate it. (That is to say, if you're thirsty and drymouthed at that first bite, you still will be after you finish it. You just won't experience any ADDITIONAL thirst.) The only thing cooler would be if it actually helped to quench your EXISTING thirst... but methinks that might be asking for too much :)

So... yeah. I like 'em. And I'm gonna keep eatin' 'em. (But hey, I've had to eat some pretty weird things before, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me on this one.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.