Survivalist Forum banner

Location needed

8K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Natas 
#1 ·
Hi there!

Well, I'll start at the beginning. I'm planning my first real field trip with a friend of mine for a few months now. We're planning to go next summer. We will use the remaining time to focus on our physical condition and our trapping & firemaking skills.

So, to get to the point: I am still looking for a location that fits our needs. And it is really difficult to find good information in english or german about national parks in Romania/Poland/Ukraine.
We are looking for National Park where are no marshes and not much (free)climbing experience is nessecary. A conventionel wood area with some rivers or lakes. Nothing that is really extreme. We are planning to take a trip for about seven to ten days. If anyone here has some interesting information for us I would be very thankful!
An additional information I would need is: I know that brownbears are actually common in eastern europe. Is PEPPER SPRAY allowed or is it a prohibited weapon?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

#2 ·
Paul,
In Romania pepperspray it is allowed to have and carry.
BUT, in Romania trapping it's forbidden. Also, in some National Parks, even fire it's forbidden, except some designated areas (mainly near cabins).
On these conditions, do you need those information anymore?

Bogdan

Reactions: Natas
#3 ·
Thank you for your reply Bogdan! :thumb:

Well, I almost thought so, about the trapping I mean. In germany it is the same.
And beside the fact that trapping and making fire is forbidden in most of the cases camping in the wilderness, abroad designated areas, is also not allowed. But I read that you can get a permission from the national park’s administration in some cases. I wrote an email to the first, possible, location in Poland last week, unfortunately I didn’t get an answer yet.
So yes, I am still interested in information about national parks or other interesting areas. Good thing I’m planning already: there is no need to rush! So if you find anything any time this year, I’ll be glad if you can take your time to write it down.

#4 ·
Paul,
Under any circumstances, on public land, trapping it's not allowed.
Now, about National Parks.
The best of the best it's Danube Delta http://www.deltadunarii.ro/?lg=en
You can fish in some areas, you can have a fire, but you will have a hard fight with mosquitoes.
Next, on my preferences, it's Retezat reservation http://www.artline.ro/The_National_Park_Retezat-21565-2-n.html
Mountains, woods, alpine, glacier lakes (i doubt there are fish inside).
You need a special permit to visit it, you can't made fire inside.
Number 3 on my preferences are Fagaras Mountains. Woods, rivers, some lakes (even a big artificial one), alpine. You can fish (with a permit, and except one or 2 small rivers), you can have a fire. You need a good phisical condition, be cause here are bigest mountains in Romania.
There are many more.

Bogdan

Reactions: Natas
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.