Survivalist Forum banner

Why not use lethal means?

16K views 118 replies 52 participants last post by  Cynical Misanthrope 
#1 ·
Why would a person choose to defend himself or herself (self-defense) with non-lethal means?. It would seem to me if I had a need to defend myself against harm, lethal means would be the most effective way.

Self-defense...is a countermeasure that involves defending the well-being of oneself ...from harm. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defense
harm -

noun
physical injury, especially that which is deliberately inflicted.
synonyms: injury, hurt, pain, trauma

verb
physically injure.
synonyms: injure, hurt, wound, lay a finger on, maltreat, mistreat, misuse, ill-treat, ill-use, abuse, molest
https://www.google.com/search?q=non...j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=harm

#94 ·
I live in a State where the liberal sap suckers have the majority. But not my county. My county is a bastion of Republicans. Regardless...There has never been a case where someone broke into a house and was killed and the State prosecuted the defender of the house. No matter what. Furthermore...I do know of cases where the homeowner shot robbers outside their house and still were not prosecuted. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#102 ·
Cynical Misanthrope

I live in a country without the right to bear arms, we do however have plenty of violence over here as your NRA is fond of telling everyone.

I have been involved in many fights and violent confrontations both as a young man growing up in the city and professionally as a bouncer and working for the police.

Of the dozens of incidents I have been involved with, only one was deadly force ever contemplated and a taser was used to finish that in the end. The young man tasered has turned his life around after a battle with mental health issues and drugs and is now a decent functioning member of society.

Your kill-every-threat mentality reeks of either a lack of life experience, cowardice or sociopathy.

You feel power because you own a gun, but feel no duty to act responsibly to others. It's a selfish and mean doctrine that will end up biting you in the *** mate.

#104 ·
Cynical Misanthrope

I live in a country without the right to bear arms, we do however have plenty of violence over here as your NRA is fond of telling everyone.

Your kill-every-threat mentality reeks of either a lack of life experience, cowardice or sociopathy.

You feel power because you own a gun, but feel no duty to act responsibly to others. It's a selfish and mean doctrine that will end up biting you in the *** mate.
Apok:

Wow! May I ask which of my posts makes you describe me the way you have?

The point of my post when I started this thread was to question why, when faced with harm, a person would not use lethal means as self-defense.

Rich

#113 ·
So this kid is trying to rob you in front of a LEO? Now, your argument is starting to border on the BS side.

#115 ·
One does not employ force to kill, or even wound an attacker; but employ the minimal force necessary to stop the attack, given the totality of the circumstances. The use of deadly physical force is the final step of the defense or oneself or another's well being, and should only be utilized after exhausting every other means available.

Okay. That was the law hornbook answer. The reality is that the law views any use of any physical force in imperfect hindsight, even when the moment seems to require the necessity.

It is a **** sandwich. Chance being carried by six, or chance being judged by twelve with the good possibility of going bankrupt in the process. As such, its still a better idea of not leaving the attacker as a witness to testify against you in court.

#118 ·
I have bear repellent and a cattle prod for when i check outside noises around the house.

But i also have a 9mm in the back of my pants.

I do not use those wimpy little cans of peeper spray where you have to get close to the target to be effective.
I carry bear repellent where i can envelop the perp in a cloud of fiery hell. then i can control his moments with the 200,000-volt cattle prod.

And if he was to be able to pull a weapon i would just pop him with the 9mm.

In my state they will arrest you for banishing a weapon if you are seen waving a gun around.
You can carry a concealed weapon on your own property without a permit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.