Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start Anew 223shootersc Books, Movies & Stories 884 Yesterday 12:11 PM
Dark Grid - Second Edition (professionally edited) DarkLight Books, Movies & Stories 52 02-20-2017 11:57 AM
Should I ever move back to NY ? Plasma1010 New York 40 02-20-2017 08:04 AM
Hunting in Grizz country Wilderdood Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 81 10-13-2016 01:56 PM

Old 03-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Just some guy

Thanked 11,544 Times in 4,044 Posts

Advertise Here

An average human bite can generate 265 pounds of force. Applied to a small, bite size area, that's enough. Gets the job done I assure you.
The Following User Says Thank You to iyaayas For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaayas View Post
If you say so.

I've taken chunks of meat out of people. Maybe I have a stronger bite than most I dunno.

I'm better on my feet and one thing I can say is I've never had anyone continue to try and grapple with me after taking a piece of them.

Never had to do it, but if my life was on the line I have little doubt I could tear a man's throat out with my teeth. Provided I had the opportunity mind you.

Those are ear bites. Probably the least effective area to do any real damage. I go for hands, fingers, and the wrist.
If I'm getting bitten, I would probably drive my thumbs into their eyeballs and try to yank them out.
The Following User Says Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 01:06 AM
Just some guy

Thanked 11,544 Times in 4,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KravMagoo View Post
If I'm getting bitten, I would probably drive my thumbs into their eyeballs and try to yank them out.
.......and if you tried that you'd lose your thumbs.

Just sayin.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Living the dream:-)

Thanked 2,381 Times in 1,015 Posts

Iyaayas.. . On the biting note I can see both sides. I would not want to get bite but it's not always a game changer..
I can personally say I have been bit by a guy on PCP trying to wrestle a local LEOs gun off him. Guy bite me and broke one LEOs arm, he was tazered twice. Batoned quite a few times, I knocked out 4 teeth and he didn't blink. 4 grown men holding him in a stale mate. I can say for me at the time my adrenaline was a good pain killer. I knew I was bit but I didn't realize it was a piece of my arm he took, I was worried about the loaded gun he was trying to pull. A few other things with biting good and bad. Good.. if you bite hard enough you will deeply break skin and a teeth impression can be taken and traced back to the attackers scars/wounds... Bad, contracting all types of blood bourne pathogens through the mucus membranes in your mouth.. just inflicting enough pain to cause the attacker to snap and just break your teeth out. I personally wouldn't bite unless I had no other option. Just my opinion because when I was bit I actually didn't even realize how bad it was til backup arrived and we got the guy cuffed. The LEO who broke his armed didn't realize he had a broken wrist and I didn't realize how bad I was bleeding. 4-5 yrs later I still have teeth marks in my tattoo, he bite deep enough to remove all color in one spot..One negative the ER doctor told us that 90%+ of human bites results in infection. I was getting blood work and on horse pills and a tetanus shot over one bite.

Last edited by Gva; 03-06-2017 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: More info
The Following User Says Thank You to Gva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaayas View Post
.......and if you tried that you'd lose your thumbs.

Just sayin.
If you're biting me already, then your mouth is committed to a part of my body (unless you have 2 mouths). My thumbs would go to your eyes. You would be already hurting. But say there's the slight chance that you could take the pain and also losing your eyes, to switch to biting my thumb..... my other thumb and fingers are continuing to dig deep into 1 or both of your eye socket (as the eyeball or both, should already be popped out and dangling).

This kind of happened to me before. I was taking a short cut through someone's yard. Their German Sheppard came out of nowhere and chased me. I got it in a headlock and was punching it in it's nose. It slipped out and back, behind me and bit me in the butt while yanking. I poked at its eyes and it let go and ran away. I jumped the fence.

Granted no human ever bit my thumb before in combat...but if you still have your 2 eyeballs, fully operational; then you've never had someone really try to scoop your eyeballs out with their fingers neither. So until then, there's only theorizing. But common sense dictates that the eyes are much more fragile than a thumb, and should hurt much more. Now say you bit my 1 thumb clean off, I'd be pretty ****ed and now faced with fighting a blind man.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gva View Post
I can personally say I have been bit by a guy on PCP trying to wrestle a local LEOs gun off him. Just my opinion because when I was bit I actually didn't even realize how bad it was til backup arrived and we got the guy cuffed. The LEO who broke his armed didn't realize

Yea, many people think that biting works in combat, but it rarely does. It looks cool in movies, just like the scary Throat Punch, but it usually doesn't work.

But during training w/little adrenaline pumping, especially when you're not well warmed up, it feels like the end of the world if someone taps you in the throat.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Yea, many people think that biting works in combat, but it rarely does. It looks cool in movies, just like the scary Throat Punch, but it usually doesn't work.

But during training w/little adrenaline pumping, especially when you're not well warmed up, it feels like the end of the world if someone taps you in the throat.
Proper throat strike for someone who it's never happened to will definitely stun them and like you said not looking for it will make them think they're dying. I know first time it happened to me I thought I was dying and my trainer had me breath through it. but I prefer to go for eyes or other soft sensitive areas. . I was knocked on my back and choked ( beauty of living in the hood) as soon as my thumbs touched my attackers eyes he jumped off me and I was able to get a chest kick off as he was getting off me. I'm actually very lucky. I'm really happy to be out of the hood. Lol
Old 03-06-2017, 01:11 PM

I guess I'm just used to a lot of pressure and full strikes to the throat. When I fight, I aim for the chin for the KO. Trained fighters will tuck their chin down and it covers the throat pretty well (w/o meaning to). I don't aim for the throat, but if I get it, then good for me.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I guess I'm just used to a lot of pressure and full strikes to the throat. When I fight, I aim for the chin for the KO. Trained fighters will tuck their chin down and it covers the throat pretty well (w/o meaning to). I don't aim for the throat, but if I get it, then good for me.
Yeah it was when I first started training years ago with my Marine buddy and he caught me in the Adams apple and Definitely sucked. Now I keep tucked. I watched many of knock outs usually someone shooting off there mouth and get hit on the chin. Usually doesn't end well. Being that I have trained in chokes on my back when the guy knocked me in my door I didn't freeze. Like I think you and a few people said that is where training comes in to play. I was able to not panic I had hands on my throat, get my thumbs up and get off a kick and back on my feet. The kick gave me the distance I needed to get up and at that point it was over. Moved to an easier target. Again so happy to be out of that area.