7.65x21 Commercial Luger: Worth it to swap barrels to 9mm? - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Magtech Pistol 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ 50 rounds - $9.97 shipped slickguns.com For Sale 0 10-30-2016 09:29 AM
Magtech, 9mm Luger, FMJ, 124 Grain, 50 Rounds - $10.44 shipped slickguns.com For Sale 0 10-24-2016 04:19 PM
Magtech Pistol 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ 50 rounds - $9.97 shipped slickguns.com For Sale 0 10-21-2016 05:47 PM
Wolf Polyformance 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ 500rd Case Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 10-20-2016 08:34 AM
Wolf Polyformance 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ 500rd Case Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 10-18-2016 02:33 PM

Old 04-24-2017, 02:51 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,966 Times in 2,654 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknova View Post
FWIW, I'm not offended by anything in this thread.

Exasperated, with a bit of eye-rolling, sure. Offended, no.

If you re-read the original post ... nowhere in it did I ask for opinions about whether this is some sort of moral choice with one choice leading to evil and destruction and the other to angels singing. I don't care. And, anyone who does care, well, whatever floats your boat. I asked for opinions from people who 1) own Lugers, 2) have done this or looked into doing it, essentially limited to practical outcomes eg did the conversion go well, does it shoot well, who did it for you, or if you decided not to do it, why not.

You qualify on owning a Luger, you do not appear to qualify on having done it or looked into it. So, for the most part, your posts in the thread have little bearing on what I asked, and don't really warrant a reply. Though the "leaving it in modified form reflects the history of the Treaty of Versailles" is an interesting point, except that I don't get guns to remind me of treaties. However, as you say, it's a message board, and people are going to bloviate. That is part of the deal, and is also acknowledged in the OP
It's funny. It's as if logic doesn't apply here in this thread.

Owning or having done the conversion has not a danged thing to do with understanding how utterly silly it is to do it.

Silly....but not wrong or stupid. Feel free to do it.

But....

Even YOU admit it makes no monetary sense.

It seems that you are simply asking if it makes any sense to pay money to alter your gun, in order to make it slightly easier to find ammo. No other reason.

And you know, without a doubt, that it isn't worth it, as you can get the ammo the gun is chambered for without too much effort.

It looks like you just wanted to laugh at people's outrage to your idea, and then act superior over knowing something you ASSUME they didn't, even though it makes no difference to what they are arguing, their point is still 100% correct.

So I am left thinking this thread is basically a giant troll effort.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,436 Times in 2,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
It's funny. It's as if logic doesn't apply here in this thread.

Owning or having done the conversion has not a danged thing to do with understanding how utterly silly it is to do it.

Silly....but not wrong or stupid. Feel free to do it.

But....

Even YOU admit it makes no monetary sense.

It seems that you are simply asking if it makes any sense to pay money to alter your gun, in order to make it slightly easier to find ammo. No other reason.

And you know, without a doubt, that it isn't worth it, as you can get the ammo the gun is chambered for without too much effort.

It looks like you just wanted to laugh at people's outrage to your idea, and then act superior over knowing something you ASSUME they didn't, even though it makes no difference to what they are arguing, their point is still 100% correct.

So I am left thinking this thread is basically a giant troll effort.
The assumptions you are making are contradicted in just about every post I've made, including the OP.

The question is mainly how conversions went, or in the case of someone investigating it and deciding not to do it, what made them decide not to.

It may be "silly" in the way that a pretty large fraction of what we do with guns is silly. For example, caring whether a S&W revolver is P&R is silly. For that matter, owning any Luger of any kind is silly. By that standard, yes, restoring the gun to original cartridge is silly (not cost-effective and not "useful").

The thread exists in case a small number of people (1-2 is enough) give meaningful answers. I am interested in hearing from Luger owners because they are more likely to know the history of these guns (ie that they got hacked up circa 1920 and were not brought to earth from heaven in .30 Luger by singing angels) and may have given this concept some thought. I am further interested in Luger owners who have done this or investigated it because even if you own a Luger, if you've never looked into this, by definition you won't have any valuable info to give on this topic. If you do not own a Luger but have meaningful info (eg your buddy did this and talked your ear off about it), by all means chime in.

Everyone else is invited to type whatever words they'd like here if it makes them happy. Just be aware, I may or may not read it, and may or may not reply if it does not address the question I asked in the OP. The idea that anyone could be "outraged" over this topic is pretty comical, but if anyone enjoys being outraged, go for it
Old 04-24-2017, 07:05 PM
VIP Member

I have actually seen a Colt Commander in 7.65 Parabellum. It was made for sale in some country that prohibits individual citizens from owning guns chambered for ammo used by its military.

I think it would be cool to have a 7.65 barrel for my P225
The Following User Says Thank You to jose For This Useful Post:

Old 04-25-2017, 12:54 AM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,009 Times in 358 Posts

Pretty sure the SIG P-210 was chambered in 7.65 Luger too. I've only ever seen a couple in person, but they're reputed to be of extremely high quality.