Survivalist Forum banner

New "Zombie" drug that rots humans alive *GRAPHIC IMAGES*

19K views 89 replies 34 participants last post by  labotomi 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A very, very worrying sign of how drug users are going to extremes of the extreme lengths to get their fix. Sadly, they simply cannot rehab themselves off this drug, and so the chilling effects become ever more present.

I wonder how long until this spreads? It has already been reported in small numbers in Germany.

"Desomorphine attracted attention in 2010 in Russia due to an upsurge in clandestine production, presumably due to its relatively simple synthesis from codeine.

The drug is easily made from codeine, iodine and red phosphorus,[9] in a similar process to the manufacture of methamphetamine from pseudoephedrine, but desomorphine made this way is highly impure and contaminated with various toxic and corrosive byproducts.

The street name in Russia for home-made Desomorphine made in this way is "krokodil" (crocodile), reportedly due to the scale-like appearance of skin of its users, and it is used as a cheaper alternative to heroin, as codeine tablets are available without a prescription.

Since this mix is routinely injected immediately with little or no further purification, "Krokodil" has become notorious for producing severe tissue damage, phlebitis and gangrene, sometimes requiring limb amputation in long-term users. The amount of tissue damage is so high that addicts' life expectancies are said to be as low as two to three years."

Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desomorphine

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/krokodil-the-drug-that-eats-junkies-2300787.html

***********WARNING *GRAPHIC IMAGES***************​

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

See less See more
#40 ·
After 18 years of Police work, and some experience with addicts in the families of aquaintances, my opinions may be harsh but I stand behind them.

First, Good!

Second, I am not opposed to 'someone' introducing a very strong Heroin mixture into the drug scene to OD and get rid of the abusers.

Third, it is very difficult, and darn near impossible to get Herion and Methamphetamine users to quit and lead a clean and sober productive live.

Forth, get rid of them all and quit wasting time and money on prevention and intervention,

And for those who want to know what I will do if this arises in my family . . . I will take my child on a long camping trip in a very remote area in the mountains for a month or two or longer until the problem is either fixed or the problem is fixed. Handcuffs, chains, large trees and nonstop brainwashing should be very helpful.

Of course, we could just sit next to the drug addicts, hold their hand, and ask them politely to change for the better, saying "pretty please".

#42 ·
After 18 years of Police work, and some experience with addicts in the families of aquaintances, my opinions may be harsh but I stand behind them.
Your brainwashed opinion is noted.

Second, I am not opposed to 'someone' introducing a very strong Heroin mixture into the drug scene to OD and get rid of the abusers.
Your inhumanity is noted.

Third, it is very difficult, and darn near impossible to get Herion and Methamphetamine users to quit and lead a clean and sober productive live.
Agreed. It's proven that meth is a very addictive drug. Heroin is just a refined opiate. Opiates have their uses

Forth, get rid of them all and quit wasting time and money on prevention and intervention,
Drunk drivers too.

And for those who want to know what I will do if this arises in my family . . . I will take my child on a long camping trip in a very remote area in the mountains for a month or two or longer until the problem is either fixed or the problem is fixed. Handcuffs, chains, large trees and nonstop brainwashing should be very helpful.
My uncle had the same attitude about his son drinking. He hasn't seen his (very successful) son (who still drinks) in over 20 years. He's never seen his grandchildren.

#46 ·
No, I will take them on a long camping trip and win the battle. But thanks anyways for the advice.

My wife, my family, and my wife's family already know I will do my best and take measures to prevent this from occurring but if it happens I will take every step to win the battle. And as they grow up my kids will know ahead of time that any wrong choice in the area of drug abuse will be dealt with harshly. If that is mean and heartless in the eyes of several in this group, how heartless would it be to allow it to continue and progress to the rotting flesh zombie stage in those photos?

#45 ·
labotomi, Never mentioned anything about drunk drivers. Please try and keep up.

youfarted, I can't say anything about cops being full of anything when they say they care. I cared, I tried, I gave great advice and did my job the best I could. But I am retired now so I no longer have to care or try or have a desire to waste any tax dollars on the wasted lives. So, if their own family wont take drastic measures to fix the problem, then in your words I guess "So.....**** them right?" is not out of line. And I am not turning on any ovens, but unless you are blind or just refuse to face the facts you should be able to see that prevention and intervention on behalf of the government is just a waste of money. It doesn't work, and the same people I dealt with 19 years ago who were habitual users of heroin and meth are still being dealt with today as habitual users of heroin and meth . . . if they haven't died yet. As for my kids I was clear when I stated that I will win the battle and their problem would be fixed, even stated that twice. If you wanna shoot your kid in the face you are about worthless, but I never stated such a thing. Wow, you have to be pretty twisted to even write such a thing.

Hey, I am no longer a government employee and I can have my own opinion. People can either face the facts or they can pamper those who are trying to destroy their lives. I didn't make them decide to abuse these hazardous chemicals, they made that choice themselves. If they want to shoot up a mixture of drain cleaner and fuel additives and other crap they get what they deserve. The sooner they are gone the better for them and those around them. Perhaps they should show these photos and videos in the DARE programs. Just maybe that will get the kids attention.

#51 ·
labotomi, Never mentioned anything about drunk drivers. Please try and keep up.

youfarted, I can't say anything about cops being full of anything when they say they care. I cared, I tried, I gave great advice and did my job the best I could.
You have to remember, most of the sheep don't care until they are a victim of a crime from one of these people... then they really care!

#48 ·
I am not opposed to a strong batch of heroin surprising the heroin users and causing them to overdose as they are trying to reach their regular high. I have seen a few occasions over the years where a long time addict got a stronger batch of the black tar heroin and overdosed because there normal volume in the syringe had twice the kick. One woke up in the ambulance after the Narcan finally took effect. He was ****ed because that was his best high ever, even though he was only taking one breath a minute he liked it. The other two that weekend didn't survive. They chose to shoot up the heroin and they died, there fault and only their fault. These were just the 3 that were trying to reach their normal high, but there were no doubt many others just looking to have enough to avoid the withdrawal symptoms that were probably flying higher than a kite thanks to the good stuff they shot up that weekend.

As for the research that shows $1 in treatment saves $7 down the road, we all know that 87% of all statistics are made up 93% of the time. I am sure there is research to oppose that research but if that success is real, it hasn't made it to Nevada. Drug abuse has run rampant since the 60's and probably even before that. If all this treatment actually worked shouldn't the drug problem be very rare by now?

As for the alcoholics, I haven't seen them with rotting limbs or infected injection sites eating away at their flesh. If I had a choice I would prefer to end smoking so I can go out in public without breathing their exhaust. But I am not arguing the use of lawful products. My argument is related to this opiate krokodile stuff, and the regular old heroin and methamphetamine. What use or purpose do they have on the street or in the world?

#49 ·
What if the people using the heroin knew exactly how much heroin they were taking? If they were also taking the drug in a room such as the one now in Sydney where no recorded deaths have occurred. If somebody puts something into the street supply of heroin they are also to blame for resulting deaths, the users wanted a heroin high, they did not want to die. Yes there is responsibility on the user but your suggestion of putting something into the heroin supply is like spiking peoples drinks at the pub.

Sorry they are not statistics, it is scientific research. Did you actually read my post, you say drug abuse is rampant why hasn't treatment worked? I specifically stated that treatment services currently are a joke not a reality for most users. Treatment programs are not funded anywhere near the level that drug enforcement is.

Lets have some anecdotes from the other side of the coin. I have seen many people I knew who were heavily into drugs in my later years of high school, one of them is still a heavy drug user (heroin), but 4 others are all no longer using drugs and have full time jobs and live clean lives. If we had the OD method that you stated then those 4 would be dead and not contributing to society as they are now. There is no difference between alcohol addiction and heroin addiction besides the legality issue. If heroin were available in pure form you would not see rotting limbs either. These horrible effects are caused by impure drugs, not the drugs themselves. Several European countries have shown that heroin prescription is a useful alternative to the America model of drug enforcement.

#59 ·
Saying someone should just die because they are an addict is just heartless.

Why do I feel this way, you might ask?

My mom died a few years back, when I was 28. She passed out, went to the hospital, called me, and died. Turns out she was on meth. I never knew. Would I chose to not have that mother because she was a drug addict? GOD NO. I wish she was with me, I would never wish her dead, and I would fight to keep her. But I can't.

My dad is a raging alcoholic, cocaine and pot head. A real turd. Never gave a crap about me. Would I chose to end him? Nope.

And the black sheep (me) learned from these people. I don't drink. Don't smoke. Don't take any pills other than vitamins. So something O.K. came out of it.

I'd like to see all the people thinking that addicts should just die, look into my mom's eyes and tell her that. She was really cool, probably the coolest person I've ever known.

#62 ·
I personally think heroin should be made legal, simply because the actual drug itself (and not all the muck they cut it with) is relatively harmless.

I remember seeing a documentary on heroin users which said that heroin addiction had a certain cyle to it and most addicts provided with heroin stopped after ten years. If this is so then why not make it available to them?

Answer: the logistics. If all you have to do to get cheap heroin is become an addict on street crack..

actually no. The availability of street crack would dry up, wouldn't it...

except a heroin user might offer some to a friend and they get hooked that way...

I dunno. I think if all the naughtiness and glamour of dying in the gutter (teenagers can be such drama queens) were removed from drug addiction it might just lose its pull. How's it all going in holland. Anybody?

PS: methadone is like nicotine patches from what I hear. sorta helps but actually doesn't.

#75 · (Edited)
labotomi and whofarted talked me into it. Lets give free heroin to everyone who wants it and if they live 10 years and clean themselves up as labotomi claims they will do we can ask them all to write a book about it.
-edit- SORRY, MAJOR FUPAH ON MY PART. labotomy DID NOT MAKE THAT STATEMENT IT WAS Absolutely. My appologies to labotomy.
I remember seeing a documentary on heroin users which said that heroin addiction had a certain cyle to it and most addicts provided with heroin stopped after ten years. If this is so then why not make it available to them?
-end edit-

As for my kids, as Absolutely understands, when it comes to drug abuse I will raise them to know that I love them but that they better fear me more than anything else in this world. I believe I was raised properly and I was taught to fear my parents more than peer pressure and stupid ideas. I never used any street drug. I never abused any drug. I never smoked cigarettes or any tobacco product. I only drank small amounts of alcohol at family events like weddings. And I darn well knew that if I screwed up my parents would come down so harsh I wouldn't see straight for weeks. But the best part of that is I was never spanked after about age 7, because by then I knew better and didn't do things that would get me knocked around.

Perhaps this cruel and harsh lifestyle and parenting platform should be studied and shared with others. I am not perfect. I am not a saint. I do now have an occasional drink of wine but still have no desire to get drunk. I was raised with good values and strong morals. Perhaps if these drug addicts had a similar upbringing more of them would have stayed clean. My oldest is now 8 and she clearly understands that daddy getting mad means she better sit down if she doesn't want a spanking. She hasn't been spanked in over a year, so it must have worked. She is not afraid of me, but she knows that I expect her to be good and make the right choice. My boys are learning this as they grow.

There is no excuse for someone deciding to use highly addictive drugs, other than the fact that they don't care and they were not raised properly. They made stupid choices and they are paying for it. But I refuse to buy your warm and fuzzy approaches on prescription heroin and holding their hands for the mythical 10 years.

Again, I ask you, what is Methadone for? Since you wont answer, or you are intentionally overlooking that part of my above post, I will remind you that Methadone is prescribed to heroin users so they can treat their addiction without using heroin. I repeat, Methadone is prescribed to treat their addiction in the same way your prescribed heroin would treat their addiction accept there is no high with the usage of Methadone.

What is wrong with doctors prescribing Methadone? Would you rather have your employee, or your mechanic, or your kids teacher using prescribed heroin or prescribed Methadone? I would prefer neither but I would rather it be the Methadone.

Here endeth my part in this dead end thread.

#78 ·
labotomy, I owe you an apology. After a long day of chasing my kids around my brain was tired and I wrongly claimed you made a comment that was actually written by "Absolutely". I edited my post above to show my mistake and added the quote from Absolutely's post to show what I was referring to.

I am sorry.

Reactions: labotomi
#80 ·
labotomy, I owe you an apology. After a long day of chasing my kids around my brain was tired and I wrongly claimed you made a comment that was actually written by "Absolutely". I edited my post above to show my mistake and added the quote from Absolutely's post to show what I was referring to.

I am sorry.
sounds like you could use a little pick-me-up. i know a guy who knows a guy, could get you some REAL good stuff.

#79 ·
Is there a problem with lumping addicts into a single group?

What about the cancer patient who goes through excruciating pain, is lucky enough to beat The Cancer, but meanwhile, has become a drug addict because of the amount of pain killers initially required to let the patient function daily. He's eventually cut off from the prescription, but is highly addicted, receives little or no rehabilitation for the addiction, and so, seeks alternatives on the street. Is he now an illegal drug user, likened to those on the street who apparently embraced their "choice?"

While "will power" can be an incredible thing, people are wired differently, to no fault of their own. Those who tried drugs and never became addicted, or have no real-life [personal] experience dealing with their own addiction(s) - good for you, but you need to sit this one out. If you have, got over it yourself or got help, then very good for you - you know how hard it can be.

In other words, should we also not consider that many legitimately prescribed drugs, such as Vicodin--a refined opiate along the lines of Heroin--for example, is extremely addictive? Dependent, the patient then continues to receive the prescription and continues to perpetuate the addiction - he may be oblivious to the problem, as may the doctor (or not); or perhaps, the patient finds an alternative because they're hooked and the doctor cut them off (happens all the time, unfortunately); or finally, preferably: the user is able to get off the drug himself.

Ethics and opinions, aside - why do we think there isn't much effort--in comparison to the resources used elsewhere that supposedly better deal with this problem--put into prevention and rehabilitation? Follow the money trail...

"The measure of a society is found in the way in which it treats its weakest members."

#81 ·
Are you guys serious? To believe that every drug user is a wasted space? I am a young person in a place known for its drug use...and yes, I have known too many people who have OD'ed, some of them I would have even considered my friends. But I also know 2 people very closely that were addicted to heroin, and both of them are now clean for 5+ years and live normal lives. In fact, one of them is a Sargeant in the US Army. But perhaps we should have put something into his heroin to make him OD, rather than have him get clean and do more for our country than most people ever will.

I have never, and will never, try heroin or any other drug, and I am not advocating the use of drugs, but some of the comments here are just ridiculous and wrong. I rarely post, but I thought some people should know that some of the people fighting for their freedom have successfully quit heroin.

#85 ·
Are you guys serious? To believe that every drug user is a wasted space? I am a young person in a place known for its drug use...and yes, I have known too many people who have OD'ed, some of them I would have even considered my friends. But I also know 2 people very closely that were addicted to heroin, and both of them are now clean for 5+ years and live normal lives. In fact, one of them is a Sargeant in the US Army. But perhaps we should have put something into his heroin to make him OD, rather than have him get clean and do more for our country than most people ever will.

I have never, and will never, try heroin or any other drug, and I am not advocating the use of drugs, but some of the comments here are just ridiculous and wrong. I rarely post, but I thought some people should know that some of the people fighting for their freedom have successfully quit heroin.
He must have met an exception to the rule. Because from what I recall, and from what I am reading here . . .
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enlstandards2.htm
one of the recruiting questions is c. "Have you ever been psychologically or physically dependent upon any drug or alcohol?" and if the answer is yes then you can expect to be ineligible for enlistment.. If he was truthful in his interview, and if the Army asked any of his family or friends about drug use or additions, he would have been denied entry into the armed forces. But I am happy that he is one of the lucky ones. God Bless Our Troops! :thumb:

#82 ·
oh come on guys. Everyone lighten up. Can't we just say the odd generalistic off the cuff comment without being utterly castigated for it? Not everyone on the internet is a nutbag. Some people are just sick of something and I think I'd be happy to give even perpetual pot smokers the choice between get clean or get dead now today here's the axe.... Honestly, they 'live' in no-man's land committing crimes, wasting their lives and damaging other people's lives till they die. Live or die is my motto but no, I won't be going out there with a machine gun killing off every junkie i see.

Just because people have known one guy who was a really great guy but just unfortunately addicted to heroin doesn't mean that all the heroin addicts you meet are worth knowing. Truly: you might have some urge to save lame ducks but that can be your private hobby, can't it? Why does everyone else have to buy into it? These people are adults. They might be immature but they're still legally adults and nobody is stopping them from pulling their self-pitying heads out of their self-pitying arses and behaving like grownups. At some point you have to stop blaming society for their terrible childhoods and start making them accountable.

Tolerance and second chances are a young person's game. the older you get, the more you know and the less you therefore tolerate.

The human population is incredibly huge. What's wrong with a cull, and what's wrong with choosing to cull the ones that are a waste of space? They obviously don't want to live so why not give them an out?

#83 ·
No dont get me wrong, I agree totally that it is NOT society's fault, it IS the users fault. And it is not society's responsibility to help either, I was only stating that according to some posts here, it is next to impossible to quit heroin (extremely hard, yes) and we should just get rid of them. Like I said, I would like to see anyone disrespect a Sargeant in the US Army (that just recently returned from his first tour) that has been clean of heroin for a long time by telling him that he is a waste of a human life.

#86 ·
I think they should all be given the choice. But it needs teeth, this choice. I think people who diddle around in no man's land need to confront themselves and face up - and keep moving forward - either towards death or away from it. It's the static nature of the no-mans-land that is drug addiction that gets me worst. Not that they're doing it but that they stay jammed in the same developmental space for the rest of their often short, often horrid lives.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.