Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
keepshooting.com Review MaterielGeneral Reviews and questions 6 04-05-2017 10:35 PM
TravTac Onyx Sling Bag Review AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 03-09-2017 09:00 AM
KeepShooting.com M&P22 magazine review 3Jfamily Firearms General Discussion 15 03-08-2017 10:26 AM
Atactical A1 Flashlight Review kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 02-08-2017 11:22 AM
Review: Southern Grind?s Jackal AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 10-04-2016 07:00 PM

Old 04-06-2017, 02:17 PM
Manipulator of Destiny

Thanked 23,252 Times in 8,479 Posts
Default Armchaps review

Advertise Here

As I was looking through the monthly magazine my Electrical Co-Op sends out I happen to see a add for Armchaps. http://armchaps.com/ These are leather wrist and forearm covers for skin and bruise protection.

I ordered a Medium size set based on the sizing guide this last Saturday for $47.99 and received them today (Thursday) in the mail. Some thoughts. The craftsmanship seems good with good stitching and a YKK zipper. though the company has a Wisconsin address I note they are made in Pakistan according to the label inside them. The set is a bit loose for me which is not all that surprising because I have really narrow wrists. I probably would have done better to order a size smaller and let the leather stretch with use. They do mention to use the palm measurement over the forearm for sizing, though that would not help in my case. Those parts of my chaps seem fine.

They should be handy for my outdoor tasks and when working on equipment.

ETA: I am contacting the company about possibly exchanging to a size smaller. I will see how that goes and relate the results.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:51 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,023 Posts

They seem pretty pricy. There are a lot of arm guards out there. I think I would go for something like this:http://www.northernsafety.com/Produc...sistant-Sleeve
The Following User Says Thank You to gotjunk For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Manipulator of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotjunk View Post
They seem pretty pricy. There are a lot of arm guards out there. I think I would go for something like this:http://www.northernsafety.com/Produc...sistant-Sleeve
Quite a different item and no wrist support. Quality leather items are often pricy. A good set of leather gloves are not inexpensive.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:27 AM
Manipulator of Destiny

Follow on: After a couple of emails back and forth with the owner of the company this morning discussing fit and his proposal of buying a additional chap of the smaller size (for the sake of trying it with retuning for refund the one not fitting best) It is agreed for me to mail back the medium for a small for a exchange. He offered to stretch the hand for me but I will do that myself after I see how the new size fits. He did say if you want that done to contact him before you order.

When I make my monthly trip to town on Tuesday I will mail it back and see if it all works out. Am pleased with the customer experience so far.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:45 PM
Manipulator of Destiny

I am pleased to get in the mail this afternoon the replacement pair. Quick turn around with being mailed back and forth. The smaller size will be a better fit once it stretches some. Sizing things always seems to be a hit and miss with me. I wear large gloves and they can be too small, or medium can be too lose. The small size chaps seem almost perfect. I sometimes wonder if measuring tapes have differing lengths for a inch.