Survivalist Forum banner

Improvised weapons.

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Per Ardua 
#1 · (Edited)
moderator just delete this thread please. The idea of booby traps and explosives was not appropriate for this forum and we should just throw this away and forget about it.

This post has been deleted
#3 · (Edited)
Idiocy

This is the worst example of survivalism I have ever seen.

Thank God most of these things will not work as described.

Edit: Thanks Bogdan for carrying out the garbage. That was some of the worst, no, that was The Worst information I've ever seen and it had no business in this forum.

Again, thanks Bogdan for editing that out.

Wheel

#6 ·
Nope

I've been a journeyman electrician for a long, long time and I'm familiar with all the components used in reloading.

The poster's light bulb trick wouldn't work for several reasons I won't go into here.

The zip-gun design was ludicrous for more than one reason. He wasn't even aware that a rimfire cartridge had to be struck in the rim and not in the center of the case head, in order for it to work.

This joker was trolling for idiots. Nobody is that stupid.

#7 ·
I've been a journeyman electrician for a long, long time and I'm familiar with all the components used in reloading.

The poster's light bulb trick wouldn't work for several reasons I won't go into here.

The zip-gun design was ludicrous for more than one reason. He wasn't even aware that a rimfire cartridge had to be struck in the rim and not in the center of the case head, in order for it to work.

This joker was trolling for idiots. Nobody is that stupid.
Thanks for clarifying on the lightbulb issue. To be fair on the zip-gun thing though, I'm sure the one my uncle had did strike the cartridge on the rim, as it never failed to fire even once. I did have the oppurtunity to fire one other zip gun a long time ago that was chambered in .22lr, but had a centerfire firing pin. Because of this, the gun would fire only occasionaly (maybe once for every 20-30 trigger pulls). Not something one would want to bet their life on.

#10 ·
I have the ultimate improvised weapon; I've been secretly taping my mother and wife nagging for years. All I have to do is hit the play button...
Nag, nag, nag, nag.....I hear you Brother. I told my Wife if the S does hit the fan I will be trading her off to the first slave traders that come along. Strangely enough she doesn't seem to nag near as much.

#9 ·
i think the best improvised weapon is your brain i try to use it for peace but in times of war its sitting there like a shiny fully loaded gun signed and personalized by rambo and arnold . lol and i dont know what that guy put but it must have been moronic.

Reactions: Raven
#15 ·
I know, I know....I'd be like a total hermitt, rambo if I weren't so obsessed with slapping their naughty bits around. Boobies...they'll be the death of me.

One trusts you're no longer talking about you wife AND mother...

:eek:

What was this thread about again?
Secret weapons - pretty sure those qualify :D:

-Per

#13 ·
In advertistments for The Colony (which I don't watch, BTW, but you can't avoid the ads) they're talking about the colonists building improvised weapons, and show a club and crude cattle prod/shock gun. And I look at this and think, "Wait. The premise of this show (if I understand it correctly) is that something has wiped out most of the population and only a few people have survived, they've banded together for mutual help, and they've got a whole city to loot or salvage, depending on your viewpoint. So why are they BUILDING weapons when they could just break into a gun shop or police station and get all the guns they want? Something doesn't add up here..."

It is enough of a puzzlement to almost make me watch the show.

Almost.

As for improvising weapons: History is full of examples of people turning normal objects into devices of defense / offense, from agricultural tools like scythes and flails, to poisoned pins and blades concealed in rings. Even a simple (but heavy!) metal ball sewn into the end of a long, Oriental sleeve. Grab the materal of the sleeve with your hand behind the ball, swing... instant blackjack.

History. Not only will studying it keep you from repeating mistakes (well, at least in the same way as before), but it can also give you such interesting ideas...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.