Survivalist Forum banner

Possible to get guns cheap (MN)

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tackleberry41 
#1 ·
#2 ·
My guess is things will be bid high, but this has just been my experience with auctions similar to above, unless you are looking for something that no one wants like something odd ball you probably won't get a deal. There was a big auction at a FFL that went out of business a few years ago near where I lived, about 350 people there, and everything went higher than I could have bought it at another local FFL. Some of the smaller auctions you can get deals though especially on things that most hunters don't want. I know a few years ago at a small auction I got a Glock 22 for $230, and 5 AK mags for $10.

#3 ·
The several large auctions I have gone to were a waste of time, people were paying ridiculous prices for stuff. They had a flyer listing the guns. I looked thru picked the ones I was interested in looked up prices and went. Some moron paid 275$ for a Nagant revolver that you can buy pretty much all day for about 100$, or the beat up chinese Tokarev that went for 100$ more than a higher quality European made one. That was the oddball stuff you would think you could get a good deal on.

People were buying up those Lorcin, Jiminez, and other junk for more than if I just went and bought a new one in a box somewhere. Best one was the browning 380 BDA, that somebody took a grinder to the frame to get rid of the serial number. They stamped some new ones it looked terrible. But hey if you can get it for 100$ you can live with it. Nope $400 or about what you can buy one in nice shape for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.