Survivalist Forum banner
8M views 62K replies 5K participants last post by  SeabeeOnce 
#1 ·
Today I did some research on heirloom seeds and passed the info on, to some friends. Also will be hitting the pool to get the exercise in. Will be reading my survival manual during my down time tonight.

Prepping can be quite overwhelming to beginners, but doable in bite sized pieces.

It would be neat to hear what all of you are doing.

#3 ·
Since I'm stuck at work for the next 24 hours it's not much. Mostly keep checking on an order for O2 absorbers, mylar bags and gamma lids. Day 3 and it hasn't been shipped yet. Need to make a call to a local supplier to check on prices for water barrels for a water filter system I'm building.

I'm putting on some training this afternoon on technical rope rescue using ladders. Always a good skill to know.

EDIT - They ~finally~ shipped it.

#4 ·
Constructing a fully operational 20X80 greenhouse. With supplemented solar heat. Exploring the validity of a wind turbine to supplement the power needed as well.

#7 ·
Ordered some new paracord, researching water storage and purification, reading up and planning on seeds, gathered up materials for an open-air compost bin, and pretty much writing down anything and everything that crosses my mind in regards to prepping. So much to do it seems overwhelming but I just keep making myself focus and get things done.

Oh forgot the most important one, to me right now anyway, is getting ready to turn a small area in my small workshop into an indoor greenhouse to grow veggies and herbs year round. Very excited about this one!

#8 ·
Picked and canned 8 jars of blackberrys. hope to get the rest of the beets done this afternoon.

Will be planting my colliflower for this fall, today.

Water the garden area to keep it alive.

Check out the apple trees.

Seeing a lot of deer this year. All that rain this past spring helped with feeding the wild meat.

But the cougars are more prevelant this year.

haven't seen any bears yet.

#11 ·
Made a trek out to Sam's Club to re-fortify food preps. Couldn't get some items due to their weight as I'm recovering from a herniated disc. If you've had one then you know, if you haven't then I'll tell you...It SUCKS. Also got physical therapy in this morning. After thinking I was fit, running marathons and chasing down bad guys and such, I'm just pathetic right now during this ordeal. The only plus side is, lots of time to read.