Survivalist Forum banner

FL conceal/carry for non-carry state?

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Kalashnikov47 
#1 ·
I am a resident of the Glorious Democratic People's Republik of Illinois (GDPRI), who honors NO conceal carry permits from other states. I have the opportunity to get a non resident FL conceal/carry permit, but I'm wondering if it is worth the cost/hassle/wait. I do work in MO, who honors the FL license, but given that I won't be able to carry where I am a majority of the time, is it worth it?

Any GDPRI residents have any experience? Or any others with a non-resident FL permit?

Input is appreciated!

#3 ·
im from illinois....im gunna get a florida permit....just took the utah class and sent out for my permit and working on what i need for florida.....the way i see it is the more illinois people that get these permits that sooner or later illinois will get their own....once they figure out how much money they are missing out on

#4 ·
I took my Ohio CCW class in 2005 and decided recently to get the permit, but I was denied because I waited too long. The certificates expire after three years. I'm retaking my class Sunday with my dad, then we're getting the Florida non-resident permits as Florida is reciprocal with more states that Ohio.

My buddy that I took the class with in 2005 got his Florida permit too and admits that, while he hasn't left the state, it's comforting to know that he can go multiple places and carry legally.

#6 ·
I am an AZ resident but work in CA most of the time. I have an AZ permit that does me no good in CA so I know how you feel.

I say get the permit for 2 reasons. It's good have where you an use it. The more people that have permits the better - it sends a clear message to the powers that be that we value our gun rights and finally a permit is kind of like a "good guy" card that shows you are not a felon and have had a background check - I assume Florida does background checks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.