Survivalist Forum banner

Open carry and conceled carry question?

6K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  robbiec 
#1 ·
I'm just wondering what other States laws are regarding OC and CC..

In MI OC is legal with the mag locked and loaded, except in CEZ's (Criminal Empowerment Zones, ect.) And a CPL costs About $115 plus A class, average $150.

There are a few other laws regarding capacity of a building, alcohol being the primary income of an establishment ect. for CC here.

Just wondering about the grass on the other side.

#12 ·
open carry here in kentucky is quite common, just last weekend i took my lil girl, shes 4, on her first fishin trip. we had to go to wallyworld for sinkers an a few other things, an i seen 3 ppl oc'ing in wal-mart. most here dont pay much attention to it..pk

#15 ·
CEZ = "Gun Free Zones" . . . never heard it referred to as a "Criminal Empowerment Zone" that's good :thumb:

Here in Kansas, OC is legal at the state level without license, but we have no preemption, meaning localities may create their own OC rules. Most cities have ordinances against it, but as long as you're outside city limits you're OK to OC in most cases.

Concealed carry is about $125 in application fees, and the 8-hour class and shooting qualification is another $80-$100 on top of that. We're allowed to CC pretty much anywhere that doesn't post the "Gunbuster." Only buildings may be posted, cities and business owners are not allowed to post their parking lots or other "open" areas.

We got a big bonus in CC legislation in July this year. Before then, the penalty for carrying past the gunbuster was a Class B misdemeanor, now it is a $50 fine for the first offense (no criminal charges filed), $100 for the second (no charges) and a misdemeanor and license revocation for the third offense. Hopefully soon we'll get it completely decriminalized.

We also have very specific rules on the exact "gunbuster" sign they must use, where it can be placed, in order for charges to "stick"

Both candidates running for governor this year are "A-rated" by the NRA, we got CC passed back in 2006, after two vetos, despite our ultra-bleeding-heart-liberal governor Queen Sebelius (who left in 2009 to become Obama's HHS Secretary). I'm looking forward to what we're able to push through the KS senate in 2011 :)

#16 ·
I have a New Mexico CCWP 125.00 for the license, 100.00 for the class good for 4 years. In New Mexico you can open carry or carry in your vehicle. Like almost every other place, schools, government buildings or any location with a no weapons sign you must obey.
Froley

#17 ·
In Oregon, open carry is just fine. Lots of people do it. In fact, I buy a lot of guns at our local pawn shop. They have major parking issues because of their location, and most people have to park on the street, about two blocks down. So there have been many situation where I have had to walk down the road to my car with an assault rifle! I have gotten some strange looks from people. Some smile and say "nice gun". Others pull their children close and go into another store. There have been a few time when I have had to say "I'm not gonna shoot you lady! I just bought this at the pawn shop! Put the cell phone and the pepper spray down, and go about your business. Haven't had any troubles so far. Most people understand. I don't suppose it would go over well in a place like New York, for example.

#19 ·
Open carrying is more common out west because in the east doing so is just asking for the LEOs to come and harrass you. In some eastern places you might not get hassled, but in most areas the LEOs don't like it, may delay you with endless hostile questioning, and the worst ones may confiscate your weapon and keep you in handcuffs until one of their supervisors makes them back off and let you go.

#20 ·
Florida allows concealed carry with a license, but open carry is not allowed at all. There is an organization that is currently pushing to get the state to consider open carry, but personally, I don't really understand why you would want to. Seems to me that the person who is openly carrying would just be the first target in a hold-up/robbery.

I wouldn't give up my surprise advantage that concealed carry gives me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.