Survivalist Forum banner

Rossi Trifecta @ ****'s Sporting Goods

8K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Trebuchet 
#1 ·
If you are looking for something small (but not really light) that gives you a lot of options on a survival firearm, you might want to consider the Rossi Trifecta.
****'s is clearing them out for under $170 in my area.
There are several options but I went with the 20 gauge, the .243 and the .22 LR. It comes with a neat little carrying case.
I am new here so I am not sure about posting links to commercial sites but if you google rossi trifecta you will find it. It was fun to shoot and accurate enough to bring home the bacon, so to speak. It is a youth gun but still very usable by adults. (About 33" overall length with the .22 barrel)

#3 ·
If you are looking for something small (but not really light) that gives you a lot of options on a survival firearm, you might want to consider the Rossi Trifecta.
****'s is clearing them out for under $170 in my area.
There are several options but I went with the 20 gauge, the .243 and the .22 LR. It comes with a neat little carrying case.
I am new here so I am not sure about posting links to commercial sites but if you google rossi trifecta you will find it. It was fun to shoot and accurate enough to bring home the bacon, so to speak. It is a youth gun but still very usable by adults. (About 33" overall length with the .22 barrel)
$269 at the Lakewood, Co store. Not as good by any stretch. For 170.00 I would have been heading there...

#4 ·
i was lucky enough to pick up a used one for $150. it came with tasco scopes on the .22 barrel and the .243.

the gun shoots just fine and can get tight quarter sized groups at 100 yards. (i load my own ammo so i was able to find a mix that works great for the gun in the .243 cal) i traded the tasco scope out on the .22 and moved it to my sons .22 and picked myself up a cheap reddot for $20 on cheaperthendirt.com. makes it easier to shoot i feel for that small round.

i also dropped in a last ditch kit into the stock of the gun with 5 rounds of .243 and 50 of .22 the 20 ga does not get used much except for some simple clay shooting i do once a month. but i do have 2 boxes of rifled slugs in the bag just in case i want something with a little more size then a little .243 barrel.

love the gun wish it was more like the wizard and had a barrel for evey caliber i have in my collection. but that will come later.

i will keep this one in my truck for when you just get the urge to shoot something.

#5 ·
TFH, sorry, I never saw your question. Nope, not complaints at all. I passed it on to one of my kids and her family with the 3day emergency kits that I made for all the kids at Christmas time. (About half my safe is empty after that project.)

#6 ·
I do wish that they made a youth version with .357 - 17HMR and 20 gauge. They make all three barrels but not in a set. I asked Rossi if I could special order one but it was no go. I could buy two sets and mix and match but it would take a smith to fit them (probably!) and I would end up with one pretty lame set.

#12 ·
That gun has it's prupose. A survival firearm is not one of them. You could hunt with it and target shoot with it.

For any sort of defensive purpose, you need a repeat shot quickly.

I heard several accuracy complaints locally from the Rossi centerfire rifles, and one guy locally had problems with the action popping open when the gun is fired. Too scary for me. Also, a shotgun without a vented rib is much harder to shoot moving targets well. I see very few folks shooting a non vented rib and actually hit anything with some sort of consistency.

If going down that route of single shots, I'd much rather pick a H&R over the rossi.

Another 50 bucks, I'd just get a remington pump shotgun.

#13 ·
That gun has it's prupose. A survival firearm is not one of them. You could hunt with it and target shoot with it.

For any sort of defensive purpose, you need a repeat shot quickly.

I heard several accuracy complaints locally from the Rossi centerfire rifles, and one guy locally had problems with the action popping open when the gun is fired. Too scary for me. Also, a shotgun without a vented rib is much harder to shoot moving targets well. I see very few folks shooting a non vented rib and actually hit anything with some sort of consistency.

If going down that route of single shots, I'd much rather pick a H&R over the rossi.

Another 50 bucks, I'd just get a remington pump shotgun.

Most of the time a "survival gun" will be used it will be for hunting and target shooting. This obviously wouldn't be very suitable for defense, but then nobody said it was.

#16 ·
I bought one of the synthetic youth .410/.22LR combos for $107 at Walmart one day because it was such a great deal and figured the kids could use the .410 to hunt rabbits and grouse with.

The problem was when I got it home and tried it out, I was in for a rude awakening. That thing him me in the cheek so hard that it brought tears to my eyes. I refuse to let the boys shoot the .410 as I do not want to ruin them.

Now I am not sure as to why it kicks so hard. It could be the fact that it is a youth model and short, and does not fit me right. It could also be that is is so stinking light. Then again it could be a combination of things. Good guns but this one is definitely not for the kids.

I kept it and put it in one of my caches for emergency use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.