Survivalist Forum banner

best hand held CB ???

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  stugpanzer 
#1 ·
here is a question for you radio guys
looking to get a handheld cb I have one in the work truck and will be putting one in my pick up but I know nothing about handhelds not looking to call china but get some decent range and price does matter :eek::

#4 ·
I have this radio Midland 75-822 40-channel CB Radio which is in my car. It comes with the antenna/power adapter for in the car, and also comes with a battery case and charger for rechargeable batteries (for portable use). While in the car and attached to the external antenna (you must purchase your own as this radio does not come with one) you get the typical range of anywhere from 2 to 6 miles depending on terrain, weather, etc. The radio also has 10 NOAA weather channels which I find useful. I am very happy with this radio and have had no problems.

In my RV, I have this radio which was a limited run so the anniversary models are not available anymore but this radio is availableCobra 29 LX 40-Channel model (non anniversary) is available I highly recommend this radio for its many features. It has a great sound and it too has 10 NOAA weather channels. This radio tunes to the strongest signal NOAA channel while traveling (automatically) and even while the radio is turned off, it will alert you with severe weather alerts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.